Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1209) Chase and Ricardo

E
    Ebon Reaper

"Good evening to you as well, Supplicant Ankers." I'm pretty sure that's his title. When Chase asks him if he has recovered, he can't help but laugh a little. "That was barely a scratch. It did ruin a perfectly good suit though." Someone is going to have to pay for that suit... "So, how have your nights been treated you, Supplicant Ankers?" The Hispanic Ventrue doesn't remember talking to his cousin for quite some time.

"For that I am relieved, though it is unfortunate for your suit," replies the young Lord politely. "I am much better as of late, I'm happy to say. Some recent contracts have allowed my business to stay afloat, which has been the focus of much of my energy. Otherwise most of my time has been fulfilling the obligations of my Covenant." He imagined going into the details of either of these matters would be either too dull or self-satisfying, so he turned the topic around. "And Ventrue's beloved Whip, has he been well occupied?" Chase inquired of his formidable cousin.

E
    Ebon Reaper

"I'm glad you business was able to stay afloat. With the economy these days, that's no small accomplishment." Not that the Mexican Lord was the most knowledgeable about the business world, but it seemed like that was all he heard on the news these days. "Yes, we must all devote considerable time to our group's internal matters." Especially if one's Covenant has the mystical ability to see the Future. I wonder just what the Ordo must have seen lately..." The Hispanic Venture does laugh a little at Chase asking if he has been 'occupied.' "In addition to my Covenant and City Duties, I have been working on a few projects. But as it is with our family, no one will hear about them until they are successful." We are the Clan that always wins. "If you don't mind, Mr Ankers, I would like to here more about your business."

Chase laughed, a small chuckle, pleased by the truth of these words. Having been surrounded by Mehkets and Daeva most of his stay in Sacramento he had nearly forgotten how well-spoken his fellow Lords were. "Well-said, Whip Rodriguez. I find maintaining an active Requiem is quite rewarding. I do hope your projects yield the desired results."

Since Chase was always eager to talk about his pride and joy, he immediately warmed to the invitation. "Not at all, sir. To give you the long and the short of it, my business, Ubiquity, is an internet service provider. We distribute access to the world wide web on a local level using fiber optic cables. As a start-up we have a small capacity and can only handle so many clients but our access speeds are first-rate, which I hope to be our primary selling point."

Considering the last few kindred Chase had shared this with, he imagined Ricardo might find these points a bit dull so he added, "It is my wish that as our business grows we can outdo the competition and take full control of Sacramento's internet backbone means. Like AT&T or Comcast and the like." He threw in the comparisons to the major corporations to help clarify his meaning.

E
    Ebon Reaper

Just like nearly everyone else, the Mexican Lord bows when his Grace arrives.

"Thank you Mr Ankers. I wish you continued success in your endeavors as well."

Although Ricardo didn't understand how the internet worked, Jen had showed him just how important it was. Tonight was just full of reminders of her. The Hispanic Ventrue takes a moment to push her out of his mind.

When Chase gets to his goals, Ricardo's slight smile reveals how much he liked the idea of a member of his moving into the business of controlling Sacramento's internet. "That is quite a worthy goal. If I may be so bold, what is required for you to take the next step?" It would be interesting to know, but I doubt he'll reveal the meat of his plan that easily.

Chase's good cheer remained, pleased that he hadn't lost the Whip's interest. However, once he sees his fellow Lord bow, the neonate turned to see where he had directed it. At the sight of the Prince, Chase stiffened and quickly bowed as well, though likely not as gracefully as Ricardo in his haste. After a moment he straightened himself, though feeling a heightened pressure in the room, not so much from a Beast, since he sensed none from His Grace, but from the social expectations of the elite. He had already made several minor faux pas since his arrival to an Invictus Court and he would hate to slip up again in the Prince's watchful gaze.

"Umm, yes, thank you," says Chase to Ricardo with less confidence than before. "Well there are a number of methods and, err, means to approach it. As is often the case with most businesses it's a matter of financial stability and consumer confidence." Chase clears his throat with a small cough of air into his fist. "But I shan't bore you with the details. If you're ever curious though, I'd be happy to invite you to Ubiquity's facilities whenever it suits you. In any case, I wonder if I might inquire something else that's been on my mind." If may also be so bold. he thought nervously. "It's been some time since my arrival, perhaps longer for me than most I suppose, nearly a year. In all my time here I've not heard of any gatherings of our Clan. I'm not quite familiar with the custom, but I wonder if there are any plans for such a gathering in the near future?"

E
    Ebon Reaper

"I would indeed be interested in visiting your company sometime, Mr. Ankers." The thought of seeing a business that another Lord has created was pleasing to Ricardo.

His fellow Lord's question caused him to think for a moment. "Our family doesn't meet at regular intervals. Instead, we meet when our Pricsus makes the decision to call a meeting. I believe we will have a meeting soon, but I do not know the exact date."

OOC

ooc

"I would be honored by your visit," replies Chase. "I suppose our Priscus has seen no need to as of yet to hold a meeting. I'm glad we'll all have a chance to sit down together as a family." He imagined it would be an interesting experience nonetheless.

"But please get in touch should you be planning to come by. If you'll excuse me, Whip Rodriguez, there are a couple kindred I wished to share words with tonight. I do hope you enjoy your evening, and thank you for the information." Chase made a shallow bow at the waist and awaited Ricardo's leave before parting company.

E
    Ebon Reaper

"I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening, Mr Ankers." The Whip smiles a little while letting the other man go without being to much of an ass. After all, they should both mingle with other people as well.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.