Ended
Watch

A meeting with Miss Star

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Down in the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low and the atmosphere is one of lavender scented calm.

Tiny Martha sits quietly on the sensible sofa in the Common area and seems to be reading a textbook of some sort. Closer examination would reveal it to be a copy of "The Coming of Post-Industrial Society: a venture in social forecasting" by Daniel Bell.

Martha sits meekly. Sweetly attired in her usual English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears a long gymslip shows her legs to mid calf...her raven black hair is tied into long and neat twin tails. Each twin tail is tied with a neat red ribbon bow. She wears her C-Leg, a pair of white kneesocks and a pair of carefully polished black Mary Jane shoes. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip. A simple metal walking cane rests next to her on the sofa.

She glances to The Stairs as she glances to check to see if Velma is arriving and smiles happily to Dillon. ( Wolven Pryde )
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Dressing a daring but tasteful black dress Velma made her way to the Avalon.

She waved to the doorman again and her smile won her her entry. The simplicity of her gesture did merit the looks of some of those who waited in the line for their chance.

After that she spend next to no time on the dance floor deciding only to cast her eyes around to see how the night at the Avalon was going. It was too early yet, maybe in a couple of hours or so, as of right now the party was still building up.

Then with the precision of a Swiss made watch the Daeva begun her descent into the underground court of the Avalon. The click of her red sole black heels hitting the metal steps broke the academic silence. With the gentle motion of her long alabaster legs she made her way down.

Velma Star had arrived with British punctuality.

In her left hand she was carrying two Vinyl, one with a blue ribbon and the other with a pink ribbon, both had been acquired for a very reasonable price at a vinyl and music fair in Davis.

When the Daeva finishes her descent she halts for a split second allowing her beast to recover from the dreadful roar of the three headed monstrosity that Dillon usually displayed for a beast. Fully composed she smiled to the Herald and Keeper Martha Villiers who already seemed to be aware of her arrival.

“Good evening Herald and Keeper Villiers. Thank you for indulging my request on such short notice.” She pauses for a moment. “Deputy Connery. A pleasure as always.” She offers the deputy with the formality that the place and occasion merited.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha has already lain down her textbook and was already beginning to struggle to her feet to greet the Daeva as she approached. Martha is obviously watching and studying Velma's long alabaster and perfect legs in silence as she grips her walking cane tightly to her chest. She gently bites at her lower lip for a second or two also as her Beast settles and her mind races.

A meek nod acknowledges Velma's greeting.

"Ah! Good evening, Miss Star! You are welcome...as, indeed, you are also welcome to this Elysian Field!" she chirps. "A delight to see you again, Miss! May I say...as always: what fine shoes you are wearing this evening! Are they from Louboutin?" she asks with obvious and sincere interest as she takes the chance to peek again at Velma's sleek legs and shoes over the rims of her spectacles.

Martha continues to clutch her cane close to her chest, but with one hand free, Martha takes a moment to gently, discretely and...as her sweet smile suggests...slightly playfully...mime a gesture to Velma to try to signal something: to lower something maybe? Perhaps...reduce something in height...or volume...or hint a curtsey?
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma follows the Herald’s cue, for a split second she wonders if the Herald was after another glimpse of her legs or just following protocol. It mattered little. In her face though there was only a polite smile adorning her red supple lipstick lips and none of her thoughts seemed to transpire outwards.

As if her intention since the beginning she proceeds with a curtsy of her own as soon as she notices the herald’s motion. Clearly Velma was waiting for the right time to offer her bow...

Let any possible faux pas go unnoticed?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-08 04:45:02 Velma Star rolls 11 to Obliviate a small faux pas - Manip + Socialize + Fame + Status + SL (10 Again) 2, 9, 6, 9, 7, 4, 6, 2, 3, 9, 4 3 successes

Slowly bending her knee with a soft and graceful gesture of respect she lowers her head to and holds the lower hem of the dress with both her hands gently puling it to the side, all in a single and practiced motion.

“Well good Herald, the delight is entirely mine. It’s an honor.” She concludes.

After the protocol is given its rightful considerations she proceeds to answer the herald’s question while still standing. She carefully but elegantly looks down to her left shoe while only it’s tip is pressed against the floor and her knee is lightly bent. She slowly turns it as if allowing the Herald to corroborate her answer.

Black Pumps by Christian Louboutin

The signature red sole that their creator applied in their design offered the shoe a touch of glamour and sophistication, the curves of the black leather added that seductive touch to the delicate shape of Velma’s feet.

“Yes indeed, thank you!” Velma answers in kind to the herald’s praise of her shoes.

“Those are from Chrisitian Louboutin. You are correct Herald Villiers.”She adds with a polite and reassuring smile.

Since they had cost the Daeva a small fortune they had to do more than let her walk unscathed in the streets… nevertheless, for Velma no amount of money or sacrifice was enough when it was about looking prim and proper...
    Velma Star*

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha probably didn't mean to vex Velma. To judge by her wide eyed look as she stands hooking her cane over an arm and clasping her hands together to her chest in a meek gesture, Martha may well seem pleased to see Velma;

"Oh! How splendid! Those are lovely, aren't they! Quite simply, Miss Star, everything you do is so graceful! So elegant! I hope I may say, Miss, that I find all so remarkable! Quite remarkable! I must say, seeing your elegance prompts me to keen interest to see what costumes you will select for the traditional Halloween and New Year's Eve parties we have in this Domain!" she finds herself saying with a happy, playful, giggle.

With sincere smiles and jollity, Martha sneaks a longer and quieter look at Velma's legs as she poses in the shoes.

Another smile to Velma and this time dainty hands are now sweeping gently towards the sofa, inviting the alabaster Daeva to sit; "Please...please, Miss Star, I do hope you can tolerate my enthusiasms! I also invite you to sit. I had intended for us to speak in the Meeting Chamber, but I hope you will be just as comfortable here on the sofa with me!"

She takes a moment to lean on her cane before making her way to the sofa, watching, fascinated, to see what Velma will do or say next.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Sporting his usual Avalon attire of black slacks, shirt, and blazer, Dillon's abruptly purple tie hanging slightly loosened around his throat to allow for an undone button stands out a bit. He doesn't care. It was a gift. Though he could probably get away without one, or has one of a more subtle color against black, this one has become his favorite...

The Beast, as usual, wishes to tear Velma apart. But the urge is less than before; easier to resist. It is slowly growing tolerant of the woman that neither of them ever expected to see again, or detect a Kindred presence from.

Funny how things work out like that.

"Good evening to you as well, Miss Star,"
    he says during an appropriate pause. As the ladies begin talking shoes and fashion, the Gangrel Deputy remains politely quiet. That is a minefield he dares not tread.

When Martha volunteers the couch for her and Velma, Dillon assumes she means the one she was just occupying with him, and he vacates the seat with a smile. Eyebrows raise in innocent questioning. Hazel eyes dance back and forth between both women. "Shall I give you both a little space? I don't have to hover about if you don't wish." And he doesn't intend to intrude.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

At first Velma was quite taken by the Herald’s reaction, her eyes expressed happiness at the avalanche of words and the amount of praise that the Herald dispensed for her. When she regained composure a sudden moment of clarividence filled the Daeva… it was clear now just how adept at the Danse the innocent looking Herald was.

In order to take something away from someone you must first give it to them.

Velma knew that, in fact she had done it countless times… but rare were the times where she had found herself in the receiving end of such insidious tactics. Maybe it was just the Daeva being too careful or her inability to trust anyone, blame it on her orphaned childhood and Dickensian past or maybe the black blood that runs thick inside her veins.

Nevertheless the Daeva’s smile refuses to fall. She knew how to keep her mask from running too thin, so she kept on smiling and being her most optimistic self.

“Well good Herald you embarrass me with too much praise.” Velma answers with kindness almost faking a blush.

“I’m flattered, and no, by no means I could lack tolerance for such kind words by such an elevated member of our domain, Herald and Keeper Villiers.” The beautiful songstress lowers her head again in respect for the Herald’s authority with the same grace that had merited her such praise on the Herald’s part in the first place.

When Dillon talks she easily smiles back to the deputy, his jovial attitude was welcome, he was inquiring both ladies about his presence but Velma knew it was not her place to decide so she offered no clue about it, instead she waited for the Herald to make her decision as it was her prerogative by virtue of position and for being the hostess of the meeting.
    Velma Star*

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a happy giggle, Martha made a gentle hand gesture to indicate to Dillon that he may retake his seat. "Not at all, sir! Please, please stay, sir! I shall sit there..." with a point of the cane to the chair opposite the couch. "Please...let us all sit and converse! I darsesay your time is precious, Miss Star, so we shall not linger too long to detain you." she sits meekly. Taking care to brush her long gymslip and ensure modesty as she sits with cane rested across her lap. Smiling at all times, tiny Martha peers at Velma over the rims of her spectacles to watch closely how she seats herself. Watching legs and shoes at work.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma greeted Martha’s decision with a pleasant smile towards both.

She slowly made her way to the couch carefully laying her two vinyl over the table and then allowing her impressive silhouette to rest on the comfort of the leather construct. The Daeva's legs remained uncrossed, instead pressed one against the other showing her fine enameled skin through the full extent of her legs, from the top of her knees downwards, until the blackness of her shoes and the vibrant of its red sole.

“Yes, time. Even if we are creatures with an eternity ahead we can never have enough of it.” she answers the Herald almost absent mindedly.

”But before what brought us here in the first place, please Herald and Keeper Villiers, allow me to extend you and Deputy Connery one final courtesy.”

Velma allows a small silence and expectation to creep in.

And with that she holds the first vinyl with both her hands, its blue ribbon carefully placed over it. On its hard paper cover one could now read:

Ella Fitzgerald & Nat King Cole "It's all right with me”

“Well Deputy Connery, please accept this small gift of mine to you. It's a simple vinyl with the recorded performance of Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole in a duet, by the piano.” Another pause, her face seems to be pleased as she makes her offer to the deputy.

After which she proceeds.

“They were two of the best musicians of the twenties century, and in this record we can hear them perform together again in sweet remembrance.” And with those final words she extends the vinyl towards Dillon Connery with both her hands holding onto it with a small hint of solemnity to the act.

( Dillon Connery )
    Velma Star*

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon offers a amiable shrug, trying to remain casual as he seats himself beside Velma. Which he does a pretty good job of, all things considered.

Velma is astounding in her own right, but Dillon has dealt with some fine specimens of the kind of beauty that only Kindred can possess. He's also seen plenty of the more unspeakable horrors. The point is, it isn't an insult that the Gangrel doesn't fumble and fidget like a boy when seated next to someone like Velma. Even if she is a notable celebrity from over half of his Requiem ago.

Only Martha would really notice the slight and subtle stiffness in his posture that absolutely isn't present when he's usually seated by the tiny Herald. But that is only natural. Dillon and Martha have been friends for many months, now.

With a polite and friendly smirk, Dillon watches as the Daeva songstress makes her simple, but effective presentation. The smirk breaks into a grin as she offers the record to him, and he accepts it with equal solemnity, as well as a nod.

"Why thank you, Miss Star, that's very considerate." As he recalls the song and its lyrics in his mind, he wonders if there's some message here, and what on earth it might be. But perhaps he is reading into it too much. It could very well just be, "Two very unforgettable performers. And in a format that invokes a wonderful degree of nostalgia. I appreciate this very much."

He falls silent, waiting to see what the other would be, presumably for Martha.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread