Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

The hot summer breeze could be felt through the white linen fabrics that adorned the century old steam boat. The peaceful river water cradled it in a refreshing embrace, cooling the air around it and turning the hot September night into something not just bearable but rather enjoyable.

The music was not excessively loud; instead it was audible and danceable but allowed for conversation and relaxation as much as it invited the bodies to move along with the slow but always present rhythm of the river stream.

On the upper floors people were relaxing and enjoying Sacramento’s skyline, there were a few white chaise lounge and puffs populated by Sacramento’s most distinguished social butterflies were scattered all over, the champagne bottles proclaimed a night of good disposition and celebration and the torrent of laughs and good disposition followed wherever the sudden POP could be heard.

On the lower floors the music was the queen, it lend life and rhythm to the glamorous crowd all clad in white, the bodies pressed closer to one another moving in an hypnotic pattern lured those outside to join the reverie, inviting them to lose themselves inside the river of white.

The Delta King had opened its doors to Sacramento’s elite. The floating hotel complemented its old charm with modern amenities and today it was celebrating its anniversary, the invitees flocked inside, the dress code was white and the only requisite was to have fun and enjoy the night…

On the top floor Velma was enjoying the view, her berry colored hair waved with a sudden gust of wind while her eyes savoured Sacramento's skyline with gusto.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Clad in white, a dark angel of the night, with a name suited to his purpose, pursuing the blood to its source. Chase Ankers, a wolf among sheep, chatted between energetic voices, his charming smile masking the predator fangs. Both tooth and tongue were the tools of his trade, wining and dining his prey to submissive compliance. Yet today's business was commerce. His subject an important marketing spokesman stood nodding happily at what Chase was sharing with the man. In a moment their hands clasped, a deal being struck, before Chase released the entourage from his hold.

He proceeded to the railing. Yet his senses were washed over by the presence of another predator among the crowd. Her sweeping hair followed the feminine curves of her alabaster bound body, like a flickering candle, and likely as dangerous. His Beast cringed like a whipped dog instinctively and thoughts were entertained of throwing himself from the ship into the dark waters to flee the superior blood. Gripping the bar he steadied himself before pulling away.

He approached, rounding to her gaze so as not to surprise his fellow kindred. "Miss Velma Star, you are shining brightly tonight," he spoke sweetly with a disarming smile. "A spectacular view if I might say so," he remarked, his eyes never leaving her form.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Dr. Neil Kingsley - Status 2 (American Academy of Forensic Science)
    Mask of Tranquility Active
    -1 Vitae for Blush of Life

If there was one thing Neil Kingsley enjoyed, it was the trappings of wealth. People said money could not buy happiness, but the Mekhet disagreed. A fine suit, a delicious bottle of champagne, a beautiful, fast car; these were things that made Neil happy. At least, he could imagine being less happy if he did not have them. He could wear a suit from some cheap store and it would not feel quite so right, drive a Pontiac instead of a BMW - but why?

So it seemed quite right that when the Delta King had a soiree, the forensic scientist made his way aboard. His was not a loud entrance. He moved quietly, idly listening to what was going on around him as he got his bearings. Even decently dressed in clean white, a Shadow did not need to worry too much about being noticed if he did not wish to.

Surveying the crowd and smiling as he stopped at the bar, Neil placed an order for champagne and narrowed his eyes. He gave off no Beast, but that did not stop him from feeling the press of other Kindred upon his soul. It seemed that this evening, he was not alone. If only.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Although white is absolutely not Chris's favorite theme, because I never dress completely in white, although he doesn't like these upper class champagne gatherings, although he doesn't like spending too much money... Chris still decided to come and have fun at the steam boat this evening.

Because, he spent way too much time at the Temple lately. That is not a bad thing for a Hierophant, but it is not healthy for any social being. And yes, he is dressed in white, nothing too formal, but acceptable for someone with an appearance as young as his.

So far removed from his comfort zone, a.k.a downtown, Beasts clash somewhat more aggressive. His Beast is one of the strongest here, it doesn't happen very often, the result is that Chris instinctively wants to turn tonight's theme into thick dripping red instead of white.

To give this evening a relaxed start he makes his way over to the bar, hearing a fellow Mekhet order a champagne. 'I'll like one of those as well.' The order was obvious, everyone is drinking champagne here. 'Good evening Dr. Kingsley. Quite a fine atmosphere here, isn't it?'

Yay I found a pic
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

R
    Ruphi

Bianca was on the arm of a 40-something balding man that could have passed for her dad if you pushed looks aside. His jet black hair was slicked back, his white suit was quite fancy indeed. On the other hand BIanca's mind was free to wander as she held onto her ticket onto the boat. I'm on a boat, I'm on a boat, Everybody look at me cuz I'm sailing on a boat! She looked very happy that she met this man at the Parlare Euro Lounge. Her skills to get into places she couldn't afford were sometimes made up by who you could find in places you can talk yourself into.

-1 Vitae, Blush active

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Chase’s charming figure cuts into Velma’s gaze. Slowly as the handsome Ventrue approaches her she takes her time with him; her blue eyes evaluate him as a pawnbroker evaluates the goods he is about to receive. And with the same detachment she allows him to come close and speak just as she struggles with her beast for control. Then as he finishes his piece she smiles with satisfaction. The Daeva was clearly letting him know he was welcome and his company appreciated.

“Mr. Ankers.” She says while turning to him and letting his eyes take a good look at her shape.

“You are not so bad yourself.” She finally teases after letting his name linger a while in suspense.

Then she feels some of the other beasts nearby. There was Bianca whom she had previously met. Equally dazzling and with a touch of the exotic. And then there was the young looking hot boy from the next door, he seemed to be in conversation with someone.

Remembering Neil Kingsley from Court
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-07 19:01:26 Velma Star rolls 4 to Remember Neil Kingsley from court - Int + Comp (10 Again) 7, 8, 9, 5 2 successes

Yes, he was a kindred to. That much she knew from seeing him at court.

The party seems to be catching up.

Then with a smile she proceeds. “Please join me!” and she extends her arm for Chase to hold onto as if guiding her on a walk.

“We should meet our cousins don’t you agree?” she says and then proceeding to her next question with almost no room for retort. “But before that, please, tell me. How are you enjoying your night?” she offered to the Ventrue with kindness allowing him to have his more private moment with her if he so wished… after all with such kind words he had earned it!

Oops forgot: Blush is up ofc!
    Velma Star*

Chase, who was used to being the one to offer his own arm, hooked his around hers instead, achieving the same result albeit awkwardly. "I would be glad to," he says and falls into step beside her, enjoying the subtle touch and smell of sweet perfume, should she be wearing any. "You find me well tonight as I've concluded a deal with another guest whom I found frequents this floating hotel. His business should provide my own with adequate profits." A good thing too, considering how much in the hole he was before. "Thank you for asking. And how do you fare, Miss Star? I must me lucky indeed to find you alone, I would think any one of these gentleman would envy my arm to be held in yours. Ah, more likely your beauty intimidates them."

Chase did look up, however, as Velma gestures to the others joining the crowd. Predators like themselves. A woman, stunning in her own right, hangs on the arm of a kine, likely her evening meal. His Beast rises up and Chase takes a breath, puffing out his chest, his body stiffening in response to the challenge. But the noise of the party, the laughter and voices washed away the feeling. Looking about the open deck Chase saw the familiar forms of Neil and Chris as well. Ah, Shadows, how kind of them to mask their Blood, and how unnerving, he thinks. He slows his pace, hoping to avoid mingling further, greedily keeping Velma to himself for the time being.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Dr. Kingsley's eyes fell upon a man who, when last he had seen him, had been broken on the ground, being scooped up off the deck by himself and Tracy Burns for safekeeping. It was good to see his clanmate vertical again. "Ah, Mr. Wooding! Great to see you out and about again. It's absolutely lovely tonight," the scientist said. As their champagne arrived, he selected his and raised his glass. "Cheers."

His eyes flicked about, feeling the press of unfamiliar Beasts. The dazzling lady on Chase Ankers' arm -- well now. Apparently he was in the presence of a musician from well before his time. A press of focus, and his eyes returned to Chris. "It seems we're among friends this evening," he said quietly, offering a nod of greeting to Chase Ankers from afar.

If one can call others of the Danse Macabre 'friends'...

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'Indeed,' Chris replies with a thankful nod. He also raises his glass while saying 'Cheers.'

'As I hoped we would be, I think more than a few of our friends have the tendency to show up at these sort of events. It is perfect to make new contacts and enjoy a good drink.' Well, here the Hierophant cannot be talking about the champagne, could he? Especially since he hasn't even looked at his glass after lowering it again.

When his fellow Mekhet greets several other Kindred, so does Chris with a nod. Then he asks with sincere interest: 'May I ask, Dr. Kingsley, which academic field has made it possible for you to get a doctorate degree? I study at the Sacramento State quite often, now I feel obliged to at least familiarize myself with my... friends' interests.'

So it seems 'friend' will be tonight's metaphor for Kindred. We don't hear that one a lot.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma’s deep blue eyes keep themselves entertained with Chase and his digression about what seems to be his favorite topic. Himself! That much she had seemed to had grasp from their meetings, but Velma was far from holding that against the Ventrue…

I prefer an interesting Vice to a Virtue that bores… whoever it was that said it, I agree!

“Well, then you are the temerarious one Mr. Ankers.” The sultry Daeva answers in reply to his last words allowing Chase a glimpse of a smile.

“Or maybe you don’t find me that much intimidating?” Velma continues turning her speech to ask a question to Chase, her eyes meeting Chase’s handsome features head on, she was clearly reading into him, the small details that spoke worlds about his nature and demeanor.

Then with casual disregard she picks up the champagne flute she had carried from her chaise long and raises it from distance in greeting to the two other kindred; she wets her lips with the bubbly beverage allowing the sparkling sensation to invade her mouth and touch her lips.

“Which one would that be Mr. Ankers?” she finally teases resting her flute nearby and chancing her two hands to gently hold Chase’s right hand in a warm and welcoming embrace.
    Velma Star*

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread