Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Council Concerns (private)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Kite had made sure he was at the Written in Water when it opened. After taking a moment to grab a large coffee, he walked over to a small table with his paper and sat down. After scanning the café quickly to make sure the person he was looking for wasn’t already there, he opened his paper and started reading the news, occasionally sipping his coffee while doing so – content to wait for whoever he was expecting, at least for now.

Ariadne Kelreth

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Entering Written in Water Ariadne looks around for the mage she had stupidly ignored during Consilium. Seeing a person who she believes is the mage she waves then motions to the counter. After getting her own coffee Ariadne walks over to the man.

"Kite?"

Kite looked up from his paper at the mention of his name.

“Ariadne? Hello!...” Kite stood up from his chair and offered his handshake. He then motioned towards a door in the back of the café. “Perhaps that room will offer more privacy for what we need to talk about?”

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne shakes Kite's hand with a pleasant smile. "Sounds like a plan." Taking a sip of her coffee she moves aside to let Kite lead the way.

Kite walked towards the door to the back room. He walked deliberately, as though he were already familiar with the private setting. After opening the door for Ariadne, he followed her in and gently shut the door behind him. The room had a table with several chairs, as though for small, informal conferences.

“Thank you for coming.” Kite walked over to one of the chairs, sitting down only after Ariadne took her seat. “I’ll be straightforward – there was some sort of communication breakdown in regard to Rosh’s death. I’m still in the process of comparing notes with the others, but as best as I can tell at this time, no one informed any member of the Free Council after Rosh’s body was discovered.” Kite paused to sip his coffee after he made the statement, and continued to speak a moment afterwards. “You can imagine our… surprise… when we learned about Rosh’s death at the Consilium at the same time as everyone else.”

“I realize that you are still investigating, and that as a result you cannot answer most questions related to this case. However, I would like to learn as much as possible, as related to the safety of other members of the Free Council – especially if this was an attack directed at the Free Council, as opposed to a random killing. For example: was this attack directed towards the Free Council? Are other Libertines being deliberately targeted? Are locations where Libertines conglomerate compromised in any way?” Though Kite is cordial, it was clear from his facial expression and the tone of his voice that he was very worried.

“Also, I was hoping you could tell me what is being done with Rosh’s remains.” Kite had a mixed look – both grim and sad – as he took another sip of his coffee. “I haven’t had the chance to look for Rosh’s records, so I don't know yet whether he had any family or next-of-kin - I should know soon though. However, if he had no family, the Free Council would like to claim his remains so we can have a proper service.”

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

A small frown creeps across Ariadne's face as Kite explains his concern. She had not thought about letting the Libertines know.

"I'm sorry that no one informed you all. It was not meant as a slight from myself or my Order. I doubt that Tamwood would have intentionally withheld that information as well." She takes a small sip of her coffee.

"As far as I can guess. It was not aimed at the Libertines. The other body dropped off for us to find was a former Councilor who was a member of the Silver Ladder. I believe that who ever did this targeted those of us who held positions in the Consilium. The problem there is that that idea implies that who ever this is knows our Consilum structure and can keep up to date on it."

"Honestly I don't consider any previously used Consilium space completely safe at the moment. Who ever this is knows quite a lot about us."

"I believe his body is still at the Circle. Tamwood said he would take care of it until we found the right people to deliver it too or buried it. I am not aware of any relatives Rosh had. I will assist you in retrieving his body for burial if it becomes a problem to do so. All I ask is that we get the chance to investigate this further before doing so."

“I figured it was an oversight and not intentional. But still, Rosh was the leader of the Sacramento Free Council…”

After removing a small notepad from his coat pocket, Kite started to take notes. “You said the body was ‘dropped off’ – that implies that Rosh and this other individual was killed someplace other than where they were found.” Kite looked at Ariadne grimly. “Do you know where Rosh was killed? Do you know where he was abducted from? Also, do you have any idea on how he was overpowered?”

“Forgive me for asking, but I am trying to figure out what to tell other Libertines in this matter. What can I tell them about Rosh’s death? Other than traveling in groups – which isn’t always feasible – how do they defend themselves in case they are targeted? What kind of suspicious activity should they be wary of - something that could tip them that an attack is likely to occur?”

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne frowns. "Not yet. That is something I had planned to do but Consilium has caused a bothersome distraction." Her tone says it all really or at least the tone she lets her voice have.

"That will be determined however. Though I don't expect it to be safe once we find out. I doubt these people would be that stupid to blatantly reveal themselves to the Consilium without some sort of plan." Her nose twitches however. "Unless we are dealing with a special form of stupid."

The second set of questions causes Ariadne sigh quietly. "I don't know. Aside from what you would expect from someone like myself. Be wary, be vigilant, assume everyone is out to get us. The Consilium as a whole needs to be wary right now."

"If they feel they are targeted? Let others know, stick together. It may not let us blend in with the Sleepers but survival has its price. And don't ever feel like you aren't one of us."

“So, to recap…” Kite looks over the notes he had taken.

“Use traditional means to avoid an assault in the first place: Stay in groups whenever possible. Stay in public places. Trust your instincts. Avoid being out after dark when possible.” It was clear that Kite was unsatisfied with the own points he was enumerating as he was saying them, perhaps because they were lacking in details and specifics. “Libertines aren’t being singled out as targets – at least not yet – the primary targets currently seem to be former Consilium Officers...”

Kite suddenly looked looked up at Ariadne in grim curiosity as he began thinking aloud. “Now that the Consilium has gone through all these changes, whoever is responsible mightalter their target criteria. Before Consilium last month, Consilium Officers would probably have represented the power structure of the Pentacle. Now, after Consilium… would it be the Order leadership?”

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne looks at Kite for a moment before sighing.

"If they were targeting officers in some capacity before and assuming they know that the Consilium is currently getting a massive face lift then yes it would follow that Order leaders would be targeted next." She grins at his curiosity. "Feel safe being near me?" Then she laughs quietly for a few seconds.

"If you want serious advice for how to be safe, talk with Tamwood or one of the other Arrows. Fighting is what they do. That is a field of expertise for me."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread