Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Putting the team together

Jan 28, 2013 : Blustery Business
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S
    Sabeleth

The taxi ride from his appartment passed quickly and Callum found himself walking into Temple Coffee, which had rapidly become his go-to place for a quiet evening surrounded by potential prey. Tonight it was fairly empty, and he secured a booth near the back where he and his guest could speak without being overheard.

Walking up to the barrista Cal grinned and handed over his travel mug. "I'll take my usual thanks Sean." Simply put, travel mugs were a vampire's best friend.

While he waited for his new teammate to arrive ( Bigpaw ) Cal pretended to drink his coffee and flicked through the latest copy of the Sacramento Bee. One of the things he loved about this place was that they always provided the latest issue of almost every magazine he could be bothered to read. Free wireless. The coffee was probably quite good too.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Even though it wasn't a long walk from the Reeve's office, Aileen McFarlane had taken her time in coming to the Temple Coffee. Not that because she had been lost in any way, nor because she thought a lady ought to be fashionably late, but because as a rule she tried to keep her distances from her fellow Kindreds, and was only reluctantly meeting new people. New people meant new threads, who could pull you god-knows-where. So she had preparing herselves, as well as her Beast, when she entered the Coffee.

Looking around for the man she had talked to at the phone, she instantly recognized him in the booth in the back. That Callum McCann... He was no bigshot from the TV, but still, she had heard of him and his resume by some client, and she remembered it well. It had been a rather young girl, and she had been nearly enthralled by the man, even to the point of showing his picture to her masseuse, Aileen. Their gaze didn't meet yet, and she walked to the bar, ordering a Gin Tonic.

Once served, she headed toward the booth, and their gaze met on the way. Aileen knew her Beast would remain hidden in the Shadows, and wouldn't require any measure of self-control from the man, but she alas didn't have this luxury. Steeling herself, she found she had achieved a good enough control during her night walk, and her Beast remained mute under her heavy self-control. Sitting in front of the athletic man, she checked no one would be able to overhear them, and tipped her glass toward him.

Good evening again, Mr McCann. I'm Aileen McFarlane.

Success to recognize a Fight Champion
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-26 15:55:18 [01] Aileen McFarlane rolls 6 to Wits 2 + Comp 3 + 1 (Fame) to recognize Callum McCann (10 Again) 8, 1, 1, 1, 9, 7 2 successes
      Success to recognize a Minor Rock Star
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-26 15:55:18 [02] Aileen McFarlane rolls 6 to Wits 2 + Comp 3 + 1 (Fame) to recognize Callum McCann (10 Again) 10, 7, 8, 4, 5, 9, 3 3 successes
      4 successes to resist Predator's Taint
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-26 16:09:55 Aileen McFarlane rolls 7 to Res 2 + Comp 3 + 2 planned meeting to resist Predator's Taint (10 Again) 10, 2, 2, 9, 2, 1, 10, 3, 9 4 successes

S
    Sabeleth

Meek. That was the description that popped into his head when Aileen walked into the joint. She was pretty, but with an overwhelming aura of shyness. His beast protested at her approach, but the former fighter gave it a metaphorical beat-down until he could no longer hear its squeamishness overlaid on his reality. Cal offered up a friendly smile.

"Nice to meet you in person Miss McFarlane." Yes, he was that Callum McCann. His self-confidence was no less than she might have expected given his reputation in life. He spoke in a soft, smooth tone that didn't carry beyond their booth. "Our mutual acquaintance was kind enough to provide me with a pair of tickets to an event at the museum. Since we'll be going together it's important that we're...comfortable with each other. So if you have any questions for me," He was going to say "I'm your huckleberry", but given that had sparked some apparent resentment in a different vampire he changed his mind at the last moment and went instead with, "fire away."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

OOC

The man in front of her knew how to carry himself, he radiated self-confidence. Looking at him, Aileen guessed why. He looked like a man for whom life had rolled out the red carpet. When he stated he had tickets to an event at the museum, she sighed. She hadn't known where to start this investigation of sort, but it seemed Priscus Greyson had seen to it. But when he offered to answer her questions, she first started by shaking her head mutely and looking into her drink. Then she straightened herself. That wouldn't do, after all.

When is the event, please ? Also, is it a black tie one ? We'll arrive together, or not ? Have you any idea what to do there ?

It seemed behind the barrage of "professional" question the young brunette mostly didn't want to talk about herself.

S
    Sabeleth

OOC

Since the specifics are to be determined by our GM ( Steven ) I'll let him post any pertinent details that I leave vague in my reply.

Callum gave Aileen the details as best he knew them. The event was to take place at the museum in the near future, and he gave her a few options for appropriate attire. "We'll arrive together Ms McFarlane, and should act as though we know each other well. I'm quite happy to do the talking." Callum had the sense that she would be happy for him to do that too.

"As for what to do there. Well, I'm not an investigative expert, but I'd expect we'll need to take a look around outside of the area set aside for the event itself. Presumably the items of interest are being stored in a different part of the building, which may mean having to negotiate internal security. People I can deal with, technology isn't really my area though." He looked her in the eyes to see if she was in agreement with what he had said so far. The actual security around the skeletons was likely to tell them a great deal about whether this was really a serious situation for the Domain or just a crank with good contacts.

S
    Steven

According to the Brochure the event is indeed black tie. The event is whenever you two start the scene.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

If it still had a meaning for her to sigh of relief, Aileen would have done so. If she came in with him, she could hope to be glossed over, which would suit her just fine. His suggestion seemed like something right up her alley, even if she had never really considered it to be the main use of her capabilities.

I can be quite stealthy if need be. I should be able to look around. Then... I don't know.

The Mekhet wasn't really technology-savvy, but she was rather smart, so maybe she'd be able to come up with something on the spot.

I can do the subtle scouting, while you do the subtle prodding ? But we'll need to exchange notes afterwards. did she finish smiling.

S
    Sabeleth

Callum was pleased at her willingness. "That sounds good Ms McFarlane. Of course we may find we need to improvise on the night, but the number one priority is to find out what the heck is going on. If it turns out there is a breach in progress we may need to act there and then."

Callum had some experience of talking his way in and out of places he wasn't supposed to be, usually in the company of an attractive woman. Such was rock stardom, though he wasn't going to bring that up right now, maybe if there was an emergency on the night. Occasionally he checked to make sure there were no new customers looking to head in their direction.

"Maybe we can get the building plans for the museum and see if we can figure out where the target is likely to be? There can't be many people in the local area with the right skill set. Maybe a long shot but it could save us a bit of time on the night?"

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Forewarned is forearmed... as Ashek had been fond to say when he tried to talk her into studying Auspex. Thankfully Aileen had chosen to focus on another aspect of her Blood that resonated more with her personality, and it would be of help tonight.

The skill set ? You mean to get the plan ? You know, all the public part will already be available on the internet.

Also, the Museum was perhaps city-owned, in which case her few contacts might be able to provide her with plans. What if she said she wanted to do a "special event" at the Museum. Relaxation of body and mind... Hmm... she'd have to check. A long shot as well, but sometimes you got lucky.

S
    Sabeleth

Callum shook his head. "Oh you're right about that Ms McFarlane, good thinking, but actually I meant the right skill set to examine the item we're interested in. I'd imagine there can't be too many people in the city who'd know where to begin with something like that, but I'm no scholar. If we had a name it might help."

Realistically they didn't have much to go on, but the thin leads they did have were worth following up as soon as possible. Callum realised he was going to be of most use on the actual night, so it was good that Aileen seemed to be more into the research side of things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.