Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Evening Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 16, 2010 : Winds of Change
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

When Jessica suddenly asks something to Alec, the Woodblood is a bit surprised. And he doesn't know what to say... too many 'she' tends to make things confusing.

'What we think of her?' A strange question when 'her' is standing next to them. 'You'll be fine,' he continues speaking directly to Morgan, 'King Spartan owns a club called the Forge, he goes under the name Caster Karalis there. He shouldn't be hard to find.'

'What did you do with the - ghost?!' Sure, Alec had heard the stories, but he has never been close to a ghost... for as far as he knows.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

D
    Decibelle

OOC: Sorry, all.

"I'll take her to the Four Seasons, then, and get her a room!" Jessica beamed at that, happy to have a solution laid out for her. Sure, she's smart, and knows how to banish a ghost with a sigil of Ibis, but Freehold business is complicated. She flinched as she remembered just how much more complicated it was to manipulate a Court, compared to a Ghost. "We can acknowledge her after your Coronation, if that works, Miss Terri -"

And then Terri turns her gaze over to Jessica, and the Gravewight turns a bit transparent at the frown. It reminded her of a disapproving parent. Not that the Queen of the Harvest was her mother, of course - she knew that. It was just too close to her memory of the attempt at Court Politics. Had Terri just remembered that - just read her mind? Last thing she wanted, of course. "I just help out the ghosts near my Hollow," she explained, eventually. "They're always around, and I figure, well, y'know, friends and that. You help them, and..."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Wow, I've never seen a ghost before, or actually spoken about them either," Terri chuckled, warmly, not mocking Jessica at all. Actually, she sounded interested. "I mean, I should have realised they existed seeing as fairies exist, right?"

At mention of heading over to the Four Seasons, Terri grinned. "Thank you, Jessica, that would be most handy," she said before looking to Morgan, "It was nice to meet you, Morgan. I'll look forward to seeing you both at the Coronation. Actually, do you both have party outfits, dresses, that kind of thing?"

Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nods regarding Black Jessica's offer, "Thank you Jessica, I'd appreciate being shown the way. I can get my things from where I'm crashing after you show me the Four Seasons if you'd like. And like I said before, please let me know whenever you want help with the ghost thing."

After hearing Terri's question about clothing Morgan starts blushing. Looking down at her windbreaker and denim outfit, Morgan realizes that THIS is probably the one of the better outfits that she has. Afterall, it was just washed. Morgan rubs the back of her head, "Uh, no Miss Terri. I really don't have anything that even comes close to being formal wear. Eh-heh, I've mostly focused on clothes that don't interfere with my doing parkour runs." Morgan looks down, mumbling "At least I'm not wearing the tar stained vest and pants right now."

Morgan hoped that her lack of resources wouldn't cause problems while briefly eyeing the clothes racks, Well, you can buy something here. As long as this isn't a place where prices start at the four digits..

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Me neither, but I would love to hear more about ghosts sometime, if you don't mind talking about it?' They are Ashen Courtiers, they should like ghost stories. Besides, Alec is way too curious to let this opportunity go.

'Parkour?!' The Woodblood looks from Morgan to Terri. 'I never realized the whole world except me was into parkour... you liked to do that as well, don't you Terri?'
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

D
    Decibelle

"Ghosts are awesome. Really useful if you help them, too, because they always seem to know things, and they're easy to befriend." Black Jessica's voice picks up in pitch, as she starts talking, faster and faster. "I know I've got family to take care of and all that, and I do, but there's just something about ghosts that's so - well - they're easy to help, you know what I mean?" She laughed, ever so slightly. "I want to get them happy enough so that they're not gonna hurt anyone. That happens, sometimes. Especially when they get out of the underworld... or something." She frowns, trying to sort out through her excitement and calm herself down a notch.
    "Sorry. Ghosts are just... important to help. Sometimes bad things can happen if y'don't."

Stretching once, she managed to pick up the conversation where it was, briefly glancing down at her dress. It was nice enough, of course, if aged - and even when it was new, it was still just something picked up from Wal-Mart. "Yeah, I have a lot of dresses like this. Clean ones, too - I can pick up one from my house."
    Good thing her fetch was still her size.

Morgan Bellanar

()Smile Spent
    PRE

Morgan is eying a blue sundress that she thinks she might like, searching for a price tag. She frowns sadly, If its more than a few hundred there's no way I can buy that, but its adorable. Sighing, Morgan realizes that with her luck she probably won't be able to afford it.

Turning back to the conversation, Morgan realizes Alec's look must mean Terri practices too. Morgan perks up and starts to smile before she responds, "You should try it, its pretty useful. Anyone who practices will tell you its good for exercise and for getting out of tight spots. That applies to ANYBODY but for us, there's another advantage. People tend to react when they see someone imitate Spiderman without a harness. And parkour i's something anyone can learn" she chuckles as she continues, "I've meet normal people who could climb walls that I just fall off of."

Morgan then shrugs in regards to the ghost commentary, "As for ghosts, I don't know anything about what Jessica just said, though I can't say I'm too surprised they exist. Supernatural is the unnatural, like us. So, who knows what else goes bump in the night?"

Morgan eyes the sundress again, looking hopeful she decides she might as well ask, "Um, Miss Terri? How much is the blue sundress? I don't have any good outfits and I hope I MIGHT have enough to buy that. Er, if you don't mind wet bills that is." Morgan's embarrassment blush returns yet again as she chuckles nervously.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri nodded, still smiling. She moved over to the dress that Morgan was enquiring about and picked it up off the rack before looking to Jessica. "That may be the case, but every girl, no matter what the occasion, needs a special dress, something for any eventuality."

Turning from the trio, Terri slowly made her way along the racks of her boutique, the blue sundress in one hand, before finally finding a black and white dress that would suit the Gravewight. She turned and moved gracefully back to them both.

"Here, a gift," Terri said warmly, giving the blue dress to Morgan and the two-tone dress to Jessica.

Jessica's Dress
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan does an excellent impression of a fish out of water. Her eyes are wide and her mouth is moving but her brain isn't telling her to make any sound. She looks at the dress, looks at Terri, looks at the dress, looks at Terri, looks at the dress, looks at Terri. Morgan hasn't gotten a gift since...well...since she can remember really. In Chicago, it had always been give and take, barter, deals, never gifts without recompense. Confusion, joy, and gratitude are all warring for dominance in her expression. It seems joy and gratitude decided to win out.

Morgan manages to keep back most of the tears and is smiling as she bows in gratitude and tries not to stumble too much with her words, "Th-th-thank you M-Miss Terri. It--I haven't gotten a-a gift from anyone in-in I don't know how long. Th-I-I am certain I can re-repay your kindness. Th-thank you." she bows again in respect. Morgan knows she is probably giving a bad, or at least odd impression but it has been a VERY good week. How could anyone expect her to NOT break down in joy?

"Th-th," Morgan stops and takes a deep breath to recompose herself. Calm, calm. You don't want them worried that your unstable. Taking another deep breath, Morgan continues, "I'm sorry for the outburst, but this has probably one of the best days I've had in a long, long time. At least the days that I can remember. I am very grateful to all of you for that. Thank you. I...I will make sure to be worthy of your kindness and to return it as best I can whenever I can. Thank you."

Description

PRE

"You're very welcome, Morgan. I look forward to seeing you wearing it at the coronation of the Autumn Court," Terri said with a warm smile.

Need to wrap this scene up, everyone. Its way overdue

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread