Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1208) Tobias, L'aire and Terra

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias gave an exaggerated wince. "I'm never going live that down, am I?" He turned the wince into a grin. "In all seriousness, it's good to be able to add 'Maelstrom Strings' to my business card." He knew the other lost wasn't referring to the store, but it was a little gouche to talk about the other title he'd earned. The DJ had mentioned it, and that was enough recognition for him.

He retracted the offered hand with an easy smile. Not everyone was comfortable with that. "And don't worry about hte company," he said. "Everyone here has their own little fame. And so do you, we just have to find out what it is." He winked at her. "Any ideas?"

S
    Sasha

L’aire may have smiled, but she certainly felt awkward while the Mirrorskin went on. “I really wouldn’t use that exact description. In fact, I think you may be confusing my popularity with Tobias’ so it seems.” The Dancer’s dexterous hands flipped towards the Manikin with a proud smile. The Dancer seemed to still be slightly moving with the music she heard. Nearly like having a personal iPod right next to her.

“I wouldn’t say you need to live anything down Tobias. Although the advice** from the DJ was rather interesting.” Her own eyebrows rose with humorous intrigue. Of course it wasn’t a wonder if he’d taken the advice. Musicians always seemed to have a plethora of fans and followers.

“I’m pretty sure I have no fame.” L’aire laughed contagiously. “Unless I wasn’t informed of something.” The Winter Fairest was modest, considering all she said was true. But she had a feeling there was a different meaning lingering somewhere. “And yes, Terra, do you have any goals for the sort?”

What the DJ** said

m
    miniatureian

Terra laughed along with L'aire. She thinks she got the joke, but either way it was easier than thinking. Some of the stress she felt was waved aside by their greeting. Nodding at the way Tobias cleverly slides acknowledgement off the title, affirming in her mind that he deserves it. "You're right, we're unique and memorable too. Who else would be L'aire's jukebox today? But, at least in my experience, fame is intimidating. Not that I haven't put thought into it, but the Freehold deserves someone more reliable than myself to fill positions. Meanwhile, I practice being consistent and learning names."

Mistaking L'aire's question about goals as a reference to Terra being interested in filling the DJ's suggestion, Terra looked jokingly offended at Tobias. "Certainly not my intention at the outset, though that depends entirely on how everyone behaves themselves. Oh, dear. You must have been asking something else. I, well, I occasionally wonder why there is so much turnover, and if someone were to greet everyone who comes into the Freehold, would they stick better? Or perhaps company for those established and in need of a bit of Spring's hunger. The leaders of each court have such difficulty, would someone consistent and behind the scenes make that transition easier?" with a glance at the throne. "And there's a million other thoughts that I don't dwell on or know the answer to either. But I'm sorry, I'm rambling. It is something I've thought of, but more difficult to see which need I would fill best and what I could stick with. Do these things occur to you, do you have ways to solve them, or is it easier to avoid decisions like me?"

OOC

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias gave a sidelong look at L'aire. "I seem to remember we had this conversation a few months ago, but reversed. I think I'll make up my own mind as to how your fame stands up."

He grinned at Terra. "I've wondered the same occasionally, but for the most part I chose to celebrate who's still here. But what I was actually asking is, we all have our own talents. Our little quirks that makes us special. Me, I'm a luthier. It's my trade, and my talent. As you noted, L'aire is a dancer. Her name may not be as wide-spread, but it still carries that impression. What impression, Terra, should I walk away with of you?"

S
    Sasha

The Fairest Dancer shrugged slightly. She realized sometimes she should keep her comments to herself while she listened to Terra nonetheless. “Well, Terri does well to greet those whom are new. I can’t really comment on the Monarch’s having difficulty. But if you feel it worth being brought up, maybe you should ask someone about it. Maybe Sovereign Rosemary, Byeli or the current King Spartan may be able to assist?” The Winter Fairest didn’t know much else to aid in the subject, she was still fairly new herself. Though she wondered what Terra's plans were with Spring's Hunger....

L’aire smirked and shook her head. Tobias was right of course about their previous conversation. Even though she reveled in his compliment, the Winter Fairest held in her thoughts as she shrugged her aquiline shoulders with a smile. “I agree with Tobias though, cherish those who remain in our freehold.” Her head turned slightly on it’s graceful neck as she awaited Terra’s answer to the Manikin’s question.

As she listened to Terra and Tobias speak she saw Warren Locke and Lou engaged in a conversation. After the night of the Forge, she would have to make sure she remembered a few things.

m
    miniatureian

Terra chuckles at the fame-teasing.
    "I suppose you've touched on the key, L'aire, do I feel it worth being brought up and what could I do if I did? Right now it's no and nothing, but I feel it's only due to my immaturity. So I grow."

Her eyes light with an energy as she begins to talk about her art. There's many words, but she talks so quickly it seems concise instead of rambling. She gestures with her body the way she sees art playing out in her mind.
    "I'm a performance sculptor. People pay me, so it counts as a job, but I'm sure the two of you understand that an artists soul will create no matter the circumstances. For fancy occasions, I will come in as the background entertainment, like a live band at a dance hall. I've recently gotten a contract to plan a performance with a circus. We're going to cover tumblers with colored chalk dust and they'll jump at a huge canvas with a trampoline. We'll fix the chalk after with a spray. They're slowly going to replace worn portions of the tents with these, so they can run performances till the weather turns cold."

"I sometimes avoid talking too much about art because of the depth of issues in all of us. I've always been an artist, but my Master that into what I am now. Compared to many here, my durance was not difficult, mostly just psychological scarring. I'm afraid that would elicit an angry reaction. What right have I to mingle with those who have escaped Hell?"

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias grinned at L'aire. "You know I'm right," he said, noticing the slight shrug of her shoulders. He followed her gaze as she apparently spotted someone she knew. "Feel free to invite them over to join us. I'm always up for meeting new people."

His eyes lit up when Terra mentioned her art. "Another artist! That's great. There always seems to be more of us around here than I expect." He made a mental note to include Terra in his little scheme. He was hopeful his list was growing from the original furnished by Mrs. Rosemary. But he would have to start organizing it, lest people forgot his plans.

"You have the same right as any of us," he said when she spoke of escaping. "You escaped, and you don't want to go back. That's worth celebrating, and everyone here understands that. Even if some where worse than others, that is what ties us together."

S
    Sasha

L’aire wondered if Terra was aware that her babble could be thought offensive from another standpoint. But she didn’t really know enough about the Freehold to determine otherwise.

When the Mirrorskin spoke about performance sculpting, she was a little interested. “I’ve seen some performance sculpting in Vegas. Really amazing to watch either for the art, or how its made.” The Dancer added. She assumed the circus Terra was speaking of was Wringling Brothers or something of that nature.

“Why not talk about your art? People avoid issues because that’s what defines us. If someone politely backs out of the topic, we can’t hold it against them. Of course, some things are better left unsaid. Then again, if we don’t take the time to listen and see their point of view, then all we are doing is pretending to be hollow.” L’aire shrugged slightly with a pleasant look. It may not have been a Winter’s tradition to talk about what lies beneath, but it’s not like she was talking about her own views and morals anyway.

With a half laugh she added with a graceful wave of her hand. “Besides, this is America. We have the freedom to express ourselves whether it be music or art, right?”

There was a pause when she realized Tobias had noticed her glancing around the area. Shaking her head she quickly replied. "Oh, no that's okay. They may be discussing something. I'd hate to interupt." Like what an idiot I was at the Forge.

m
    miniatureian

L'aire's beginning to confuse me. This wordplay could easily turn stressful. I must refocused on being pleasant or decide that it is a fleeable moment. It would be ok, because i wouldn't be running from something, but rather run to respect her, right?

A moment came to think when Spartan spoke of the competitions, not anything Terra could partake in with any confidence, but something she wouldn't mind cheering for at all. As the conversations began to murmur through the vast room again, she greeted the approaching lawyer. "Hey, I'm Terra."

Terra smiled at Tobias' description of their Freehold. "I'm discovering every day anew that there are as many perspectives on our society as there are members. Tobias, your description helps me as a Spring see it in a better light."

"It is magical to watch a beautifully made being created and then have the art to show for it afterwards too. I think that's why I do it of all the art. Any performance happens and is gone, any art can be created albeit slowly. But performance sculpture merges both the performance and the lasting piece. Though any discussion of freedom of speech vs. 'I try to not offend' is going to have a spectrum of perspectives. Everything can offend, so as a respectful individual, what do I filter? But I am distracted...If we could tune Tobias to particular genres, do you have a favorite style of dance or is it the physical expression that's more important that particular tastes for you?"
    Terra jokinly twists a 'tuning dial' in the air near the Whispering Music Changeling.

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias nodded at L'aire. If she didn't want to invite them over, that was fine too. He gave her a smile, and turned as Terra continued talking.

He nodded along with the discussion of performance sculpting. "I'd like to see it sometime," he said. "It sounds fascinating."

When she spoke about tuning him, his brow furrowed. "You're going to do what to me now? I'm afraid I don't let jsut anyone play my strings," he said, absently running a hand along his opposite arm. He tried ot inject some levity into his words, but he wasn't sure if it quite came across. "I thought you said you weren't interested."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.