Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1208) Rook and Terri

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    K
    Kazakin

Rook's lips quirked into his odd, amiable half-smile when Terri threw her arms around him. With his characteristic care, he put one powerful arm around her shoulders, but didn't squeeze. Hugging was a complicated thing if someone had the capability of breaking a person in half.

He'd gotten a little more practice thanks to Anya, and didn't immediately go awkwardly rigid, either.

And then Terri broke away and spoke.

The Red Victor's normally reticent, quiet expression didn't change much, but it did harden. And for a moment, while he strained against the sudden clamour of the Board at Rick's treachery, he was perfectly still and silent.

ENEMY PIECE!

"I see,"
    Rook said quietly, after a moment. "Would you like me to go find him and drag him back here, so he can explain himself?"

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

At Rook's words, Terri continued to smile. "Thanks but I don't think that will be necessary yet. Like I said, I don't know why he's gone. Maybe its for a good reason, something that is best if I don't know. Or I could just be telling myself that to not feel so awful. Either way, its good to know that if I ever need an explanation, yourself and Spartan will go hunting for me," she said with a chuckle, looking down to her feet to cover her embarrassment. When she looked back up, she wiped her cheek.

"I just thought I should let Spartan know, and I'll need to inform both Katrin and Mrs. Rosemary if they attend tonight. I think its probably for the best to at least let all Sovereigns know their fellow Dread Lord will not be present to take the crown." She looked around, eyes darting between those who's Mantles matched her own, and none were as powerful.

And therefore, the silent question that kept running around her head never escaped her, and she could curse Rick for putting her in this position.

If she didn't love him as much as she still did, that is.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

K
    Kazakin

Rook listened, quietly. His expression was serious and sympathetic. He was probably one of the few Changelings in the Freehold, after all, who knew what it really was to be married. What it was to have pledged your life to a person and continued to love them through thick, and thin, and...

...and in his case, even to the point where he'd let her go, to save his children, let her be dragged away.

"I... think it's understandable that you're feeling hurt. Nothing justifies keeping secrets from your wife like this, to me. But regardless. He's hurt you, and that's... not right,"
    the Red Victor said quietly. "If there's anything I can do, Terri, just let me know. Anything at all."

Uncharacteristically, he put his arm around her shoulders, with a great deal of care.

It was hard for him to express himself verbally at the best of times, but he was getting better at showing.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Thanks, Rook, I will," Terri said with warmth as she felt his arm go around her shoulder. It was odd, really. She'd known the Metalflesh for sometime now and even though she was usually the one to give hugs, it was strange to receive one from anyone, especially the sunglasses-wearing Elemental.

Serreth finished his food. It seemed there was still time before the contests began. He spotted Rook and Terri engaged in conversation through the crowd. He made his way over, careful not to get too close in case his presence became intrusive.

"Greetings to you, Harvest Envoy, Red Victor - congratulations by the way, Rook. I hope I'm not interrupting but I never got a chance to thank you both properly for your warm welcome when I first arrived in Sacramento."

He smiled warmly at them, unaware of their subject of conversation.

"How are you both?"
    As she looked around, spotting Serreth heading over, and gave him a smile, indicating he wasn't intruding. However, Terri wasn't quite ready to reveal to just anyone the fact that the Autumn King had gone AWOL. "Evening, Serreth, I'm okay, thanks. Yourself?"

She then caught what the Elemental had said and looked up to Rook. "Congratualtions? Have I missed something?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

T
    Tyladhras

"I am well, thank you Terri. I must say I'm quite looking forward to tonight's events."

He bowed politely to the pair before straightening and looking slightly confused.

"I realise I'm a bit late with it, sadly I haven't had the chance to offer Rook my congratulations on his naming as the Red Victor until now."

K
    Kazakin

Rook released Terri's shoulders from the careful grip he'd put around them, and nodded to her, although he said nothing else. He glanced up as the stone Elemental he'd helped introduce into the Freehold walked over, and gave a slight nod of greeting, a small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.

"Thank you. It's an honour to be named,"
    the Red Victor said simply. "The Contests tonight should be entertaining for everyone, I hope. I take it you're settling in?"

If there was one thing being metal made him extremely good at, it was never seeming to be particularly thrown by surprises. Rooks were master pieces - that sort of thing gave a man confidence, even if he hadn't been naturally confident already.

Description

PRE

"Oh, wow, that's great! Congratulations, Rook," Terri said, honestly glad for the man. She was vaguely aware of the Summer Title but still needed to understand all the terms before being able to fully comprehend what it meant. What she did know, however, is that Spartan had once again proven himself a good leader.

"I take it you're planning on competing?" the Harvest Envoy asked the Earthbones with the tone of someone who approved of competitions.

T
    Tyladhras

"Well you haven't force-marched me back into the hedge so I must be doing something right!" Joked the huge earthbones. "No, thank you, truly. I'm liking Sacramento considerably."

"Indeed, I would very much like to participate in tonight's events, although I'm not sure what events traditionally run. I certainly wouldn't turn down a game of chess or a cryptic puzzle but I'm happy to turn my hand to anything."

He paused for a moment as if he'd remembered something.

"Actually, Ms. Nutkins..." Serreth politely used the 'marriage-neutral' title as was his habit. It usually helped avoid misunderstandings. "You could help me with something perhaps, or even yourself, Red Victor. I was hoping to find employment, nothing high-flying but something to put food on the table and pay the bills. Unfortunately people like ourselves often lack the necessary paperwork. Many of the freeholds I've visited have someone who can help with that, I wondered if such facilities were available here?"

K
    Kazakin

"Thank you, Terri. Means a lot." Rook smiled slightly at Terri's overjoyed response to his promotion, the little trademark gesture one of pride. He fully intended to prove himself in his role as the Emblem and embodiment of the Summer Court. It was a heavy weight of expectation to bear, and the Metalflesh intended to rise to the challenge, or die trying.

Funnily, that happened to be the risk that came with being the Red Victor. The role might as well have been stamped with 'Warning: Comes with severe risk of ballad worthy death.'

"If you ever want a game of chess,"
    Rook added to Serreth. "I'm always game. Spartan's just announced the events though - I think you're out of luck for a game of skill." He paused as the Earthbones explained what he was looking for, and his expression became a little more serious.

"Well, King Spartan's always looking for staff for the Forge. Or Mr. Bates might be looking for people to take on at the Hotel,"
    he suggested. After all, it had worked for him.

Description

PRE

"Indeed, Mr. Bates is always willing to help out a hard-working changeling. What are you good at?" Terri asked Serreth, trying to find out more about the Earthbones.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.