Ended
Watch

Billiards: The Poolsharking

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    N
    Neil Kingsley

The clash of pool balls striking one another and the low bluesy tones of saxophone jazz filled the air around the smoky pool hall. Even from outside, Neil Kingsley's heightened senses drank in the smell of cigarettes smoked outside by the few mortal patrons that were present. Neil was dressed casually, feeling relaxed and looking forward to getting a few games in. A smoke, perhaps a beer - the Mekhet scientist did not 'rage', as the kids said these days. A relaxed evening of quiet chat and pool was his preference. Producing his disassembled cue from the trunk of his car, he headed on in.

As Dr. Kingsley entered, he found that the pool hall, so far, was quiet. Plenty of tables were open for those interested in playing. The lights were dim and inviting for the Kindred set.

Screwing his cue together with a deft motion, he sought out a table and began to rack up balls for a warmup.

-1 Vitae for the Blush of Life

I
    Irina

Since being regaled with tales of bar brawls by Tracy, a couple of months before, Josephine had begun to realise that it had been too long since she had ventured inside a bar or a club. The change of scenery would be nice, she could grab a bite to eat, and there was always a part of the Purpose to fulfill in a place like that. Whether seedy or a little more up class, there was always someone engaging in a little bit of sin.

There was no intricate selection involved in choosing this place instead, although the sound of music did pull her inside eventually, after bypassing it the first time.

Playing pool was not the first thing on her mind but, as she crossed the threshold her attention slipped across to the tables and eventually Dr. Kingsley. The Haunt nodded to the other Kindred, and stepped toward the table that the man had selected.

"Need an... opponent?" she questioned. Granted pool was not generally her thing, unless she was ducking a decently-tossed cue, but it would look odd to come inside and not play. The Haunt slipped off her jacket, and placed it over the nearest chair.

N
    Neil Kingsley

The inquiry came after he felt the Beast, his own creature inside reacting to the unfamiliar Haunt's. He'd met Josephine, seen her around, knew her name -- but the powerful Beast in Josephine Powell remained unknown. Finishing racking up the balls as she approached, he straighted and turned, offering the physician a smile. "Indeed," he said, pleasantly. "How are you this evening, Doctor?"

Pool was a game of intelligence, of math and of angles and of physics. Theirs would be an enjoyable match indeed.

While Neil had his own cue, there was a rack nearby with all manner of choices. Some were nice and new, some weathered; all various lengths were offered. It was a public pool hall, after all.

I
    Irina

"A little... hungry, but nothing a quick... bite won't solve later... on," the Haunt responded, the veiled comment sounding more dry than usual. She did have a sense of humour, it was simply terribly situational; and perhaps somewhat effected by the Domain's resident... "joker".

She waited as Dr. Kingsley set up for the game, and quickly called to mind the general rules of the game: other than win, it was not particularly difficult. Billiards was not a game she was particularly competitive about either - if she lost, the Haunt would learn from it.

And win the next time.

Josephine selected a cue from the rack. There was nothing particularly measured in her choice: she simply picked up the one that felt the best, and returned to the table.

"Is billiards... your sort of... game, Dr. Kingsley?"

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil nodded in reply as he chalked his cue and set up the game. "A late supper never hurt anybody," he said, a sly little grin crossing his face for a moment.

Considering her question for a moment, he offered Josephine the chalk, if she was so inclined. "Well, I'm hardly an expert player, but I enjoy the effort at any rate. It brings back memories of grad school." He chuckled, shrugging. "There was a table at the grad student lounge that was very well used."

He motioned to the table. "You're welcome to break, if you'd like."

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Was there a better place in Sacramento for Velma to exercise her feeding rights?

Hardly.

Men were by force of testosterone very competitive at sports. Almost as much as they normally were about their women… Add to that a few beers or whiskeys and the powder keg is setup.

Usually all that Velma had to do was stare a while longer at one of the gentleman at a pool table and offer a few well timed words.

It really wasn’t that difficult.

So today she was prowling around the place. Velma made her way inside, dressed to impress in a bold red dress which did little to hide her impressive silhouette, long legs, supple red lips and intense blue eyes. As soon as she made her way inside the voices around the nearest tables stopped for a heartbeat, a looooong one. She received the stares and reveled in the attention, not for the sake of it but because she knew it would merit her a meal later that night.

With the confidence that only a predator walking among prey can muster she made her way into the other tables. Her eyes scouted the room. She was carefully picking her meal, evaluating them as if they were on display at a storefront, and she had no qualms about it.

But then as she moved in something stirred her from her predatory routine. The presence of others like her… it felt as if she was in the grip of fear, the beast inside her was shaking the cage and for a moment the Daeva halted in her path.

Her eyes rose from the floor attentive and trying to discern the cause of such distress.

Ahh the woman from the mass.

Her eyes moved a bit to the left and they took note of the man by her side. Apparently a kine but Velma knew better, she had learned of that gentleman’s true nature, he too was a kindred like her.

With the same confidence as before she made her way towards both. Unlit cigarette in hand she approached and greeted with confidence.

“Good evening!”
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

I
    Irina

Josephine accepted the chalk and ran the small, well--used curve across the tip of her cue. It was curved oddly with too much use, but whether it would effect her game overmuch, she had no idea. Logically, she supposed a faint dent should send a ball slightly askew unless she compensated; but it was something she would only discover in play.

She set the chalk on the side of the table and strolled around to its head, to study the angles and at least try to figure out the best spot to hit first.

"I have... to admit, I'm very much an... amateur," the good Doctor admitted, but paused as the arrival of a weaker beast drew her attention. The other woman was not difficult to miss, and by now the Haunt recognised the redhead, even if they had not yet had the opportunity to speak in any in-depth manner.

"Good... evening," Josephine greeted in kind. "Care to... join us? I believe Dr. Kingsley... was preparing to give out... pointers on the... game."

Returning her attention briefly to the table, Josephine made the opening shot. It was not particular spectacular; and the white clipped the corner. Enough to part a few and send them rolling, but certainly nothing was currently close to being potted.

1 success to break
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-05 20:01:39 Josephine Powell rolls 7 to Int + Dex (10 Again) 1, 3, 6, 7, 4, 3, 9 1 success

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil smiled, then shrugged honestly. "Not to worry, it's been quite some time since I've had occasion to play myself."

The arrival of the new Beast caused Neil's head to snap around. Dr. Powell's internal monster pressed against the Shadow's senses harder than the new girl, Velma Star. He moved around the table, his eyes more on the gorgeous Daeva for a moment. He vaguely heard Josephine's comment about him giving out pointers as he took his shot... which he completely flubbed. The ball did nothing effective, and left Josephine in a good position for her next shot. Maybe he was distracted by the arrival of a red dress.

"If only, Dr. Powell! I suspect nostalgia has gotten the best of me -- good evening," he replied good-naturedly, peering up at Velma. He stepped back from the table to allow Josephine to take her shot, feeling a little silly having such a rough start.

LOL flub
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-06 13:26:21 Neil Kingsley rolls 7 to Int+Dex to shoot pool (10 Again) 3, 6, 3, 6, 7, 1, 4 failure

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma silently nods to Josephine when she invites her to join them by the table.

She gracefully rests her left stiletto against the wall nearby, her leg slightly bent as she reclined a bit against the wall while watching attentively the kindred with no beast preparing his shot.

And flubbing horribly.

Quietly and silently the Daeva takes her left hand to cover her mouth. Her shoulders rise slowly and her blue eyes seem to be trying to apologize for something.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. It was not my intention to disturb your concentration…” Velma finally offered to the shadow with an apologetic smile.

“You seemed so focused!” The sultry woman added quickly after her apology.

“Let me make it up to you.” The bewitching songstress adds while looking to Neil as her head turns sideways and her smile broadens a bit.

“Let me get you drinks! What would you both have?” She finally asks both kindred, her voice seemed to have that good natured tone of someone who effortlessly glides through any social situation the way she wants to…
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

N
    Neil Kingsley

The Daeva was remarkably distracting. He'd seen her around, arm candy to some, socialite with others -- it was dangerous. Intellectually, the Shadow knew to stay away, to keep her out of his head, but some urges sometimes could be difficult to ignore.

"It seems my appearance is deceptive, Ms. Star," he said with a chuckle after her comment about his appearing focused. "Thank you for the offer; I prefer not to drink on an empty stomach." He smiled at Velma and looked to Josephine for a moment, to see what came next from the Nosferatu physician. She was in the lead, after all; could he catch her?

Time would tell.

"So, do you play?" he asked the Daeva, curious about her motivations for coming out tonight.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread