Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Morgan Bellanar Glimpses

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Morgan Bellanar

(Morgan Bellanar Glimpses)Changeling Spent
    PRE

Sacramento! Morgan thought as she vaulted off a dumpster in an alley before grabbing and climbing up a fire escape, The least I can say is that its cleaner then some parts of Chicago. In the week Morgan had been in townshe'd found the parkour clubs, used her connection in L.A. to find people looking for couriers, but she'd yet to find any changelings in the city. More fool me if that wizened was lying for fun she mused while jumping a gap between two buildings, maybe I should have asked for a directions when I was in Chicago to find the Freehold'

While turning a corner on the next roof, she ran into someone. Literally, ran into them, with the two crashing to the roof top in a tumble. The figure pushed Morgan off, the guy/gal was wearing a freakin' cloak of all things, and he had some sort of jar with him that was...glowing? Who wears a cloak? A cloak with...glowing runes on it...Wait, is he... The figure grumbled before pointing a finger at Morgan, "You! What are you doing here?! Who do you work for? Did they send you to steal my precious elixir?! To stop me?! We will not--"

Nope, not one of the Lost but Morgan could tell that this guy was either not all there or really needed to be paranoid, "Hold it! Okay: taking a short cut, I don't ask questions, no, no, haven't a clue who you are and don't care." With a smile she added, "But if you want to pay me to deliver something for you, we can talk. If not, can I go now? I got a deadline."

The cloaked man was frozen in place, trying to figure out what to do. Sighing, Morgan added "Really buddy, unless you want to pay me to do something, I'm just gonna go now, okay? Good, see ya!" With that she took a run at the ledge of the building that she could use as a ramp. The man shouted something about not safe, but Morgan didn't care, she knew what she was doing. Morgan cleared the wide gap to the next building and caught the drainage pipe, using to help her quickly scramble up the side of the next building.

Looking back at the guy on the roof, Morgan was surprised that he was looking at the alley below, ranting about something instead of looking up at her. Taking a look herself, and couldn't help but mutter "What the hell?" In the alley there was a glowing circle of some type of liquid, the glow matched the man's cloak. It also matched the glow from the jar he no longer had. The man was waving his arms erratically and shouting "abra cadabra," and the circle started to grow into a bubble. Then the bubble popped and disappeared. "That was anti-climatic" Morgan chuckled.

Morgan slinked down and away from the edge, trying her best to stay quiet and be unnoticed unnoticed by the crazy man now ranting, Morgan could make out something about "instructions" and "refund."

She scrambled down the other side of the building, something a normal person would need a rope and spikes to do, before jumping off to the roof of a warehouse and running across it. Morgan hadn't lost a lot of time with the weirdo, but she wanted to make a good impression for her first real job in the city. Warehouses were nice for a quick straight run, plus the crates like the ones ahead made for good scaling up/down aids.

Getting down the crates, she became aware of a slight oversight to this route, the guard dog. They stared at each other for a second before Morgan bolted off in the correct direction, the pit bull giving chase Note to self, only use this route AFTER buying mace or doggie treats. Boxes and crates didn't slow Morgan down much, nor did it bother the dog a lot since it was familiar with the terrain. The perimeter fence though, that stopped the dog whilst Morgan simply scampered up a nearby lamp post and hopped the fence.

"Nyah, Nyah mutt, I ain't on your menu tonight" Morgan's taunt included giving the dog the intenational hand gesture. The pit bull didn't charge the fence though. Checking her mental map, Morgan realized she was now on Kiefer Boulevard, and could just jog to the delivery site. She'd been told it would be easy to find: just follow the loud noise.

And it was easy to find The Rage. Plenty of noise and lights there. Security did accost her for knocking on the back door, but told her to wait when she gave them the note like she'd been instructed to. Some guy came out and gave her the correct password, so Morgan took the package out of her bag and showed home the old leather tome.

"What the hell is this?! You get the wrong package or something lady? We ain't expecting a book here. What do you...think...why are you laughing?" The man went from agitated to confused PDQ. With a massive shit eater grin on her face, Morgan opened the book, revealing the cut out pocket inside containing the flash drive she'd been paid to deliver.

"Decoys are always useful buddy. Helps make people think they stopped the wrong person. I trust this is what you really wanted?" Morgan waited while the main took the flash drive and used a wire to hook it up to his tablet. Miss a couple years and technology leaps ahead. Go figure. Hope these guys are honest, Morgan was a little nervous with the security standing behind her. Not that she thought she couldn't get past them if she had too, but she really wanted this to be a "we look forward to future business" and not a "you've outlived your usefulness" situation. Plus, all that glamour just floating around the place, and the crowd out front too, Morgan really wanted to get some of that.

"Yeah, it's all good here, wish the boss would deal with this stuff himself" the man snapped his fingers and someone behind him appeared with brown paper bag. Opening it, Morgan counted the money, all $1,000 like she'd been promised, not a big score but a job is a job. Maybe she could get to like these guys "Pleasure doing business with you ma'am. And please, DON'T come inside until your better dressed for it," and probably she couldn't.

"Yeah, whatever. See ya around next time you need a delivery." Morgan walked away, passing the crowd waiting to get into the club. She decided to harvest some glamour off them: envy, anticipation, fear, anxiety, and excitement permeated the crowd. Snatching some glamour was easy, no one even noticed.

Walking back to the part of town where she was camping out, Morgan was in a good mood, "Nice run, nice night, watched a loon being funny, and got paid both ways. Yup, it's been a good night."

Morgan Bellanar

(Amusing the little people :D (Harvest))Changeling Spent
    PRE

Morgan was out for a run on a nice day, as would anyone else interested in good health. Of course, MOST people would use park paths or sidewalks, not rooftops. But Morgan was not most people. She liked heights, they let her see around her and watch for predators. Not that it really works, what with surrounding buildings being taller or urban predators being identical to prey, but it gave the feeling of comfort anyway. Morgan always felt calmer at heights than on the ground.

After hopping from one building to another, Morgan noticed a large crowd across the street, Huh, wonder what's going on? Stopping her run, Morgan moved over the the edge of the building she was on to get a good look at the crowd and the building. The crowd included a lot of kids, mostly in matching uniforms, and quite a few well dressed adults. The building itself looked like a theater, and on the big sign on its roof word the words "Tempest" and "Shakespeare." Poor kids, boring field trip time for them, ha. Hm, maybe I can do something about the boredom for them, Morgan had a large grin on her face.

Morgan started off by doing a few simple flips, not difficult or dangerous, but right next to the edge of the building. She knew she had the crowds attention when the murmuring had died down. Looking out, she saw she did indeed have everyone's attention. She added a cartwheel or two before frightening everyone by vaulting over the side of the building.

Morgan managed to catch a windowsill, but lost her grip before catching another. That was a little close, she then switched herself around and scrambled down the wall head first before flipping and landing from the second floor of the building. It would have looked awesome...but she lost her balance after landing and had to windmill her arms to not fall on her ass.

She got a few laughs for that from the crowd. Morgan gave a quick bow, pulling glamour from the group of mortals before an idea hit her. Cupping her hands into a megaphone shape, she shouted at them, "This is why gymnastics are awesome folks! Take a class in it or something!" With that, she got a little speed built up before managing to do a wall run up to the third floor. After that she had to grab a windowsill again and climb the last 3 floors to the roof. Again, Morgan took a bow, before deciding to add a little advice "You know the line! Don't try this at home! I"m trained! Your not! SO GO GET TRAINING!" and then ran off in the other direction.

Morgan laughed to herself. She bet those kids wouldn't be paying any attention to the play today.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan had finally ditched that screeching woman. The lady hadn't liked the people practicing parkour where her kids could see the athletes. She REALLY hadn't liked Morgan brushing her off either. Morgan had tried to be civil and just walk away, but the woman had trailed her a whole block still screeching at her. So, yeah, Morgan got a little glamour out of it, though she didn't like the "taste" of bitch's anger. Morgan eventually just took to the rooftops to ditch her, with the woman STILL trying to follow her and yelling at her. The woman reminded Morgan of someone, but she couldn't remember who. Oh yeah, that other bitch from the bus trip! Morgan did not have any fond memories of THAT trip:

(Flash back)
    Morgan's journey from Chicago to California started with the fear that her new ID wouldn't hold up and she'd be arrested. She had valid tickets but a low quality fake ID, but the employee that is SUPPOSED to look at ID at the bus terminal doesn't even bother. The bored woman just hole punches the ticket, hands it back, and tells her to move the line along. Morgan then had the ultra boring problem of just WAITING at the terminal for her bus. Utter bordeom, nothing happened, and Morgan found out that you can't suck glamour out of boredom.

After 2 hours Morgan finally got on the bus. For 30 hours. 30 hours of either boredom or annoying people. After 18 hours the bus finally made a rest stop at some town in the middle of nowhere with an abandoned construction site. Morgan, went...a LITTLE nuts on said construction site. All the passengers were left gawking at her climbing and acrobatics on the building. A lot of the parents grabbing a firm hold of their kids to make sure THEY didn't try doing any of that.

Too bad that when she finished some woman charged up to her and started yelling. "How can you do something THAT dangerous! Can't you think of the children! What if they do something like that! They could break their necks! How can you be irresponsible like that! Your a horrible person! You shouldn't be doing things like that! You should be arrested! Someone arrest her already!"

Morgan's response, "Fuck off bitch. Oh, and kids! Just so you all know, I have several YEARS of training and practice in parkour. So don't try any of that...until you get trained. Find classes!"

A few passengers thanked her for putting on the show, assuming she'd done it for everyone, but not THAT woman. The woman had kept up her verbal abuse of Morgan for the next 12 hours of the trip.

(End Flashback)

Yup, definitely just like that one. Maybe they're relatives?* Didn't matter, she had better things to do than worry about that.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

OOC: Just in csae anyone is offended by the title, I apologize.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The day after Halloween is a great day to buy up supplies for next year. Or to stock up on cheap candy that WON'T last 'til next year. While the latter did help draw Morgan to the store, her main reason was more utilitarian than sugary. Well, yes the first thing she grabbed was a bag of mini-Three Musketeers, but she did have other reasons for coming to the store.

The biggest reason for her shopping was that some of the stuff you can buy for Halloween can be used for more than trick or treating once a year. As Morgan browsed the shop, she tried to find things that she thought would be useful while they were cheap. Morgan theorized that dark costumes could help with being stealthy and that some of the Halloween "traps" to scare folks could be used for actual traps.

She first stopped by the women's costumes, hoping to find something useful for, literally, blending in. Playboy Bunny, princess, sexy princess, sexy nurse, sexy...robot? Let's check the boys isle. Morgan hoped to find a ninja costume, because while Smoke could help her hide it wouldn't hurt to wear an all black outfit when sneaking around in the shadows at night. Morgan was unlucky in this though, the only ninja costumes remaining were...well, "Bright ORANGE ninjas! How the hell does that work for not being seen? What kind of ninja would were that?" A woman grabbing a kid sized one laughed at Morgan's outburst before giving her the answer, "One from a cartoon that the kids like. My son wants one of these even AFTER Halloween." The woman left with the costume and Morgan kept looking for something useful.

Morgan did find a glowing eyes wraith costume that could leave someone completely shrouded in black. Except it also obscured the wearer's eyesight. Still, it was cheap so, worth a shot. Morgan thought that another good one for hiding would have been the camouflage soldier costumes. But, the ones that were left were...not so good. The outfits LOOKED like they'd work for camouflage, but in truth the colors contrasted too much. Some of them also seemed to have reflective camouflage lines, probably for safety reasons at night.

Okay, that was a bust. Well, I guess it's time to look for other stuff. Before leaving the costume isle Morgan picked up an adult size plastic miner's helmet, with a LED headlight. Dirt cheap and could help IF the LED works in the Hedge. Looking around, Morgan found a bored looking store clerk. Getting the teen's attention, she asked him, "Excuse me, can you tell me where the uh, not costume stuff but other Halloween things are. Like, glowing things and other stuff?" The teen looked at her in confusion before he figured out what she meant. "Oh yeah, check out the TRICKS section. We just lumped all that stuff there last night."

Heading on over, Morgan found shelves of metal baskets loaded with 'tricks.' Silly string, glow necklaces, screaming door mats, motion activated screaming skulls, and pull string noise makers to be set at foot height. Most of it was garbage, not really useful at all. Morgan did get a large grin on her face when she found a cardboard bin of discounted glow sticks on the other side of one metal shelf. While the Hedge did seem to like messing with mechanical things, it did lay off more simple devices. And for illumination it didn't get much simpler than a glow stick. Granted, these were tiny, but if you used enough you'd get some decent illumination.

Morgan added 4 half dozen glow stick sets to her load out, along with one of the motion activated noise makers because...well why the hell not? On the way to the register, Morgan walked past the candy rack. Then she turned around and walked back to the candy rack. She grabbed a couple of variety bags, her mind using the same argument as for buying the noise maker.

After ringing it all through the register Morgan only needed a twenty and change to pay for it all. Morgan went home to deposit and organize her purchases.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan wasn't doing much. Just perusing a sporting goods store to see what was available. The staff had tried to "persuade" her to leave, thinking she had no money since she was "using duct tape to hold her clothes together." She simply pointed out that it was a useful trick in parkour for keeping one's clothes from catching on things and that she was looking for more professional gear. Morgan also mentioned, while showing her wallet full of money, that she might take her business elsewhere. The manager behind the employees hassling her had immediately started reprimanding her subordinates. Morgan was certain she saw the woman direct them to chase her out, but whatever.

Looking through the store, Morgan saw a few things that would be useful investments in the future: new running shoes, spelunking gloves, even the anti-glare sunglasses could be useful. There were also some sports backpacks that could help with carrying things. All together the four items would only be a couple hundred bucks. Not bad, but she wasn't finding something else she hoped to find at a good price. After locating an employee she asked him a question, "Hey! Can you think of anything that would be good sports pads for flexibility and absorbing impacts? I may be good but even monkeys fall from trees."

The man looked confused for a second before realization dawned, "Oh. The parkour lady with the cash, right? You could try football or hockey pads I guess."

Morgan shook her head, "No, FLEXIBLE pads. Those are too bulky. They'd make me fall a lot more and that ain't what I'm looking for. Just something in case I fall."

The man looked thoughtful for a second before snapping his fingers, "Hey! How'sa bout paintball pads? That stuffs really good at stopping impacts. Plus the really good stuff can be washed, but why remove your battle scars, right? You could also get the goggles, a air-soft--" the man continued to talk about paintball while leading Morgan to that section. Apparently he was a fan. Dude, I don't care for your words but your excitement, that's another matter,Morgan smiled as she collected some glamour from the over eager clerk. When they got to the section Morgan found out that most of the pads were heavy plastic, but there were some vests that were light weight and flexible...and more expensive. About the same price as that riding armor or riding jacket form Prophecy, but this I can wear under a t-shirt. It seemed it would come down to preferences and salesmanship. Morgan tuned back into what the clerk, who'd just kept gabbing, was saying.

"--And there's not even a lot of paperwork for buying them autos! Cops are just paranoid right? So, which paintball gun did you want?" the guy hadn't even noticed Morgan wasn't listening.

"Uh, none, I'm interested in pads for parkour not paintball. This vest looks nice. Is it the last one?" Morgan pointed it out.

Looking at it, the salesman took it off the rack and examined it, "Huh, this is the display piece. We should be getting more in stock after a couple of weeks. You wanna come back then? I can make sure one is kept aside for you along with--"

Morgan cut him off, "Yeah, I'll come back in a couple of weeks for the vest and some other stuff in other departments. I don't want paintball guns, okay?"

The salesman took out a form from a clipboard he'd been carrying, writing a few things down on it, "What OTHER stuff did you want," his enthusiasm was gone now. He was acting like Morgan had offended him and wasn't worth his time. Morgan listed off the other items and he wrote them down before tearing off a copy of the form and thrusting it at Morgan, "Here. You can come back within a couple weeks and I or another employee will make sure you get what you're looking for. Have a nice day and all that."

Morgan shrugged and left. At least now she knew how much the stuff would cost. Pretty sure more coverage for same price is the better deal...plus those bikers were friendly and those guys were assholes. Morgan figured she would still buy the athletic shoes, backpack, and gloves...but not from THAT store. She looked down at the list and smiled at the feeling of fresh glamour rushing through her, "Well, at least I got SOMETHING useful out of it."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan continued to rub her eyes as she walked through the mall. The stop in the restroom had helped her was her face but her eyes still stung a little. Ugh, stupid kid. Why'd she spray the perfume in my face?! Trying to advertise it as tear gas? Ugh, still stings. She had to quickly move her hand away from her eyes as she was jostled by several shoppers. Normally she liked the noise of crowds, but right now it was starting to get really annoying. Her own fault really: visiting a mall on a weekend during Christmas is Coming sales. Ducking under a long wrapped...something a shopper was carrying on his shoulder, the beast realized that she'd forgotten how BAD the crowds were during this time of year.

Navigating through the crowd, she finally found a mall map. Sporting goods, sporting goods? None, fffigures. Department stores? Ugh, not perfume lady's place. They kept directing me to dresses BEFORE spraying me in the face. There's another one. Huh, shoe stores? Closer, worth a shot.

Women's Shoe Center turned out not to be so useful. The saleswomen there were dealing with a lot of happy customers, but not like Morgan. These customers were looking for designer shoes, and high heels were the LAST thing the steep scrambler wanted. Didn't stop them from trying to make a salespitch, emphasizing how ADORABLE she'd look in heels. Men's Footlocker had been no good, for obvious reason. And Women's Footlocker...closed for repairs to a roof leak.

There was a Kids Footlocker but after a quick look in that included dodging a thrown sneaker she decided no. Only one left before the big stores, Famous Footwear. A bored looking teen was the only salesperson left without a costumer. "Hey lady, can I help yah or yah just browsin?" "Yes. I'm looking for athletes shoes in size--" The kid cut her off, "Third row on the left is ladies athletics. I don't get extra for helping yah, have fun." Morgan blinked, such wonderful customer service. Another teen walked up behind the boy and smacked him upside the head, "Don't be an ass. Help the lady. Now or I'll tell the super." Grumbling, the teen mumbled something about "this way" or something similar. Leading her to the correct isle, he picked up the foot meter and turned back to her, "Miss, please remove a shoe so I can see your size and soz I can do this quick."

Morgan complied and got her shoe size checked. The the annoyed teen grumbled about "damn small feet." Her walked off and grabbed three shoe boxes. It didn't take Morgan long to try them on, all too big. He complained some more and came back with a coulpe more. Morgan found a good pair this time. "THANK YOU for being so HELPFUL AND CONSIDERATE. It was SO nice of you to do your job."

The teen just blinked before shrugging, not catching any of the sarcasm, "Sure sure, whatever lady. Lets go to the register so I can be done. Need to check Twitter." Morgan left the store with a new pair of athletic shoes in a bag. Which she quickly had to scoop up as she stepped back to NOT get hit by a trio of small kids running at full tilt. These were followed by a harried looking woman and a bag laden man. Sadly, she wasn't the only one and the man with the large wrapped package was also there. When he dodged the kids, he smacked Morgan upside the head and knocked her down. He either didn't notice or didn't care and kept on going.

Nobody bothered to help her up, though fortunately no one stepped on her. Some kid pointed at her and laughed about her "getting bopped!" Standing up and dusting herself off, Morgan give the finger in package man's direction before weaving through the crowd to leave. "Fuck it. I am NOT shopping anymore until after Christmas."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan successfully made the job between the two rooftops, rolling upon landing and stumbling back up into a new sprint before jumping to the next building. She'd checked under the trash barrel in the park and had found a set of instructions that amounted to: go here, use the combination, follow delivery instructions. The safe had been easy to find but the instructions were a little...odd. Take this package to the top of the building at this address. Within 10 minutes of midnight knock three times upon the smiling head. Hand over the package once requested. Make no agreements if requested...nice and cryptic instructions.

On the next rooftop she skidded to a stop. She took the time to survey her position and saw what she figured was the address. Some old building a few blocks away with what looked like scary statues on the corners. She saw two--no, three routes to get to their: fire escape to roof run to dumpsters to parked semi to roofs; wall scramble to roof run to fire escape to roof run to roof run to fenced off place to building; or drainage pipe to controlled fall to long rooftop then two hops to the building. 1 safest. 2 longest and fenced place may have fucking guard dogs. 3 fastest...as long as I do the fall right and don't break something. She checks her watch, 2 is out, too long so...ah fuck. The semi-trailer wasn't parked anymore, it was moving. Okay. Testing of riding jacket on fall is tonight. If I break something: ask for refund.

She took a few deep breaths before making her move: hopping off the roof and sliding down the drain. At what her instincts said was the right height she kicked off into a leap for the long building, turning in mid-air so that she'd be able to roll into the fall and absorb the impact correctly. There were no shouts or screams in the night, so nobody saw her pull off a decent landing from free falling 6 stories. "Ow, hah-ow-ow-ow! I'll feel that in the morning. Ow, broken? No, no brokens. But ooooow. Glad I bought this." She gave the jacket a pat. She'd have bruises, a lot of bruises actually. The night made the landing more difficult, but the roof was tar not concrete and the jacket performed as advertised. With how much her arm was aching, she might not have broken it without the jacket on, but she'd probably be bleeding at the least.

Morgan shakes it off as best she can, jogging across the long building's roof to the next jump point. That gave her a little time to recover and be ready for the next jump. One quick hop over to a fire escape, climb it and one last jump put her on the side of the target building. Her claws made the climb up easy and quick, getting her to the roof by 20 minutes to midnight.

She took the time to drink from her water bottle, and wishing she had some aspirin or something to at least dull the pain from the fall a little. She kept an eye on her watch, going through the now boring task of watching the time tick down. Tick tock, boring just watching the clock. Tick tock, didn't need to run I could've just walk. Tick tock, I wonder if the roof door I can unlock. Tick tock, this rhyme doesn't rock. Tick--whoa I'm bored. What time is--WHAT! Checking her watch, it was now somehow 5 past midnight. A quick search of the roof found one of the gargoyle statue things had a friendly, smiling head. Morgan quickly knocked on it three times.

A cool breeze with the smell of rotten leaves came from behind her. Turning, she saw something that looked like a lawn gnome, complete with the pointy hat. Everything it had looked hedgespun, except for the hat which was a traffic cone painted red. The glowing blue eyes were a sharp contrast to the hat. T

"Not HER, not HER, nope nope. She is a her but not HER. Does she have the payment? If she doesn't we get the legs, yes? HER legs or her legs? BOTH HAHAHAHAHA. The paymeeeeeeeeent--or the legs?" Its voice was, unpleasant: pitch and tone varying with every other word and grating on the ears. And the way it leared at the steepscrambler's legs was...unnerving. It reminded her of predators from the Jungle.

Morgan quickly thrust the small cardboard box towards the hobgoblin. It accepted the box, opening it and shoving its face into said box. After a few seconds of snuffling it drew back and closed the box. It spoke again, with a sad tone "The payment it is...no legs tonight. SHE had such nice legs. Soft, human meeeat-ah. Ooooo, she does too. Wanna make a bet on your legs?"

The beast didn't have to think on the answer: "No." With a shrug, the hobgoblin turned and walked away, fading from sight. Morgan let out a sigh of relief. She was going to be sleeping in tomorrow, no question. She tried the roof door, figuring it was worth a shot as the climb down was going to be a bitch. It wasn't locked. Nor did she have any trouble exiting through the building's front door. She could've just walked in and up to the roof. Too tired and sore to face palm. Go home, sleep then bath. Good plan. Long walk? No. She hailed a cab and went home.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Alleyway were usually not like you saw in movie chase scenes. Oh sure, sometimes they'd be filled with trash, dumpsters, steam vents, or fences (fun!) but usually they were just a space between buildings one could walk through. In this case, the alleys between the old brick buildings were mostly clean of clutter, aside from the occasional brick that had fallen off one of said buildings. The beast jogging through the alleys therefore would regularly look up to see if she needed to dive for cover. She stops dead upon feeling a mass of emotion around the next corner. In this case, it is fear the permeates the air. Peeking around the building to see what is up, she finds three older boys picking on two younger ones. Morgan contemplated feeding off of this fear, gathering glamour but was stopped by the sight of what was occurring. The older boys weren't simply giving wedgies, wet willies, or noogies to the younger two. They easily had three or four years on the younger ones and had pushed one youngster to the ground and were giving him a few kicks. The other youngster was curled up against a building wall with a black eye and crying.

Anger started to boil in Morgan. Memories of her friend in the Jungle, beaten by other Lost and left as bait, fueled that rage. Further back in her mind, she remembered being human and being in a similar situation, being the one on the ground getting kicks. She also remembered being saved by a teacher. She saw no school nearby so the youngsters could not expect the same kind of rescue...but they were going to get a rescue all the same.

Morgan sprinted forward, her left arm out and ran past one bully about to kick the kid on the ground before she stopped. Her left arm had caught the boy by the scruff of his jacket and pulled him along before letting go. As a result, said bully ended up falling face first into the ground, crying out in pain as his nose started to bleed from the impact. Turning around, one of the other bully's actually took a swing at her. The riding jacket absorbed the impact and somehow the boy had thrown the punch so poorly that he hurt his own hand.. She just raised an eyebrow at this.

He hurt himself trying to hit me? Really? Really?! That is just pathetic. Sighing, she shook her head. "I do not like bullies. You don't play nice. So, I don't play nice with you. Get your asses out of here and if I even HEAR about you little shits picking on them again...well..." she reached out to the brick wall closest to her. She used her claws to get a good grip on one loose brick and ripped it out of the wall with ease, "Lets just say bad day for you. Might want to turn yourselves in to your teachers. I can't touch you while your stuck at school, right?"

The three bullies had looks of terror on their faces. This lady had ripped a brick right out of a wall! They ran shrieking in terror. Morgan smiled as they ran, having no reason not to draw glamour from THEIR terror. She got a lot. The youngster on the ground had crawled over to his friend, both also looking at her in terror. She tossed the brick away before walking over and squatting down in front of them, "They couldn't tell the brick was loose? Imagine that, huh? You guys okay? You need help getting to school or the cops? Because, you really need to tell somebody what they did." Her claws had helped her grip the brick but it had been loose already.

The one with the black-eye shook his head, "B-b-but they'll just get mad if we talk! They'll hit us more!"

The other one smiled, his front teeth were missing, "Ha! They're idiots! And why should we tell? You'll just beat 'em up again! Like you said. Hey! Can you teach us to do that rock body stuff?"

She shook her head, "Okay. Riiiiight. THEY are scared. They are afraid. I was your guardian angel today, but, uh, just today. And, uh, they are stupid? Yeah. They'll forget my threat. Now, um, if you talk THEY probably will confess. Heh. Best to get them busted now than later." An adult would easily detect the uncertainty in Morgan's voice. She was flailing badly and trying to convince these kids but hopefully they were too naive to notice.

"But what about the rock body stuff? He hurt his fist hitting you! I wanna do that!" One kid was both naive and persistent.

Morgan raised both eyebrows, an incredulous look on her face, "Rock...body...stuff? Um, I'm wearing a padding jacket for motorcycle riders. Heh, he probably hit one of the pads or something. J-just tell on them or something. Okay? I'm sure whoever it is will listen to you both, uh, really they really will" and then she gave them each a pat on the shoulder to reassure them. She also used some of her glamour, using Hearth to ensure they had a better chance of convincing whoever they talked with to believe them. And her verbal flailing continued, "Juuust, you know, be honest and all that. Like in the after school specials and such. And, um, those assholes won't be able to get away with that shit anymore. Okay?"

Mr. rock body looked despondent, "Rather you kept beating 'em up. But yeah, I guess so."

Black eye still looked pretty worried, but he too failed to pick up on Morgan's uncertainty. Her being they're rescuer probably was a factor in this, "W-w-we'll tell a teacher. S-schools only a c-couple blocks away. C-can you pl-please walk us there m-miss?"

Any hope the beast had of just ditching them were quite quickly crushed by her old protective instincts from the Jungle going into full swing. The fact that she had, surprisingly, convinced them to tattle also helped give her voice a lot more confidence, "Of course I will walk you there. No problem...um, just don't mention me beating them up or something like that. I'd probably get in trouble. Just say he fell, heh."

"He did fall trying to run when you yelled at them, right?"

"R-r-right. S-she just pulled him away from you a-and he fell w-when trying to r-run from her."

Luck was with them, the teacher did listen. The woman also gave Morgan a half-hearted speal about responsibility and letting professionals handle the matter, but didn't really care for the details, just wanted to confirm WHICH three boys had done it. Seems the teacher had been gunning for the three brats for a while.

The raccoon girl left the boys with the teacher, not minding burning some glamour to help them. She still had more glamour then she'd started with anyway.

Morgan Bellanar

(Head in a book, body in the hospital (almost))Changeling Spent
    PRE

Beasts reading is definitely against stereotypes. But in this case said beast is trying to improve herself and is a little, obsessive about it. She believed, somewhat correctly, that her stupidity kept getting her into trouble. So she figured best to fix that. As a result, if she is not going to run to someplace Morgan has instead started to walk while TRYING to read a brain training book. On this day, she is keeping pace with the crowd while her mind is entirely focused on one such book. As a result, she is quite surprised when she bumps into an arm preventing her from moving forward. She looks up from the book to see a tall man chuckling down at her, his arm blocking her progress. Realization dawns upon her when her senses tell her the crowd has stopped and that there are cars moving a few feet in front of her.

"Oh, heh heh. Um, thank you." She grins sheepishly at the man before going back to her book. He chuckles, saying something in a language she doesn't know before taking his arm back. Morgan stands there reading until people begin to bump past her. The crowd was moving. It took a few seconds for her to do the same and fall back into her previous groove. Back to keeping pace with the crowd and not paying attention to much aside from the confusing book that she barely understood.

When someone yanked her back hard by the color, she gave a loud yelp of surprise that was drowned out by the blaring of a taxi's horn. Looking around quickly, she'd almost walked right into moving traffic! Whoa. Maybe I shouldn't read and walk at the same time? That could have been...very bad. She was also being held a few inches off the ground too. Whoever held her walked several paces back from the curb before placing her on the ground. When she turned to see who it was, the she noticed several things: big guy, uniform, gun, badge. Heh heh, cop. Greaaaat. Why do I keep getting in trouble like this?

She gives the cop a nervous smile before waving hello, "Heh heh, hello officer. Uh, th-thank you for the save. I, uh, guess I wasn't, heh, paying much atten--"

"No you weren't miss. You nearly walked into moving traffic because you were reading a damn book. I don't think I can write you up for that. Are you under the influence of any substances at this time?"

The beast blinked in confusion. She didn't think she was, "Um, no."

"Have you suffered any injuries that would impair your cognative abilities?"
    She wasn't sure what cognative meant but she wasn't hurt, "No."

"So, you were just so focused on the book that you almost walked into traffic? Oy." The cop sighed and shook his head. "Alright, I can't right you up but I can give you a written warning. Identification please."

If she hadn't been so confused, the beast would probably have been in a panic. Instead, she handed the cop her new ID. Taking it, he took out a note book and made a quick note on it before tearing it out. When he handed it and her ID back to her it was for some reason two sheets instead of one. The cop's glare made the beast quite nervous, "Don't read books while walking anymore miss. It seems to be too dangerous for you. I don't want to catch you doing that again, understood? If I do...there will be a problem."

"Y-yes sir. Don't w-want to cause any problems."

"Well...put that book in your bag then miss. Now."

Morgan nodded her head and complied with the order. The cop shook his head and walked away, mumbling something about "ticketing stupidity."

Needless to say, Morgan did stop reading whilst walking after that. She had manged to get herself in trouble again...with the cops now. It was only a warning with no record, but the little beast didn't know that.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread