Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 38
DISPLAYED
(1208) Heath & Derb

Jun 18, 2009 : Salvage
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    D
    Decibelle

"I never really... thought about paperwork. I suppose it would affect you from getting a job, though, and I've always thought that maybe I should get one." The Gravewight bites on her lip for a moment as she glances over at Jezebel, clearly thoughtful. It's as if she believes a solution might come to her if she watches her for long enough - and maybe it works. The poor girl's got a terrible poker face, and when her face lights up like a sunbeam, it's hard not to come to the conclusion that she's thought of something. Whatever it is, though, she doesn't say. Yet. Better to figure it out entirely, first.

"I'm just worried people are going to hurt themselves drinking," observes Jessica, "and I hate the idea of anyone, well, looking at me. I know I could probably do well, but... it's just not my thing." She shrugged helplessly, glancing over at Ruphi. He got it, she reckoned - no matter how good you were at something, it didn't help if the thought of showcasing that talent terrified you. "Maybe I should get ready to help people at the Drinking Contest, if something happens."

That seemed like a great idea, actually.

D
    Duvainor

"Fetish model? Seriously?" Jezebel said. She wasn't entirely sure whether Heath was being serious or making a joke, and her confusion was no doubt quite visible. It was also hard to wrap her head around the idea that people would be willing to pay to take pictures of her. As a rule, Jezebel didn't bother with hardening her mask. So she very rarely saw herself the way the bulk of society did, and it was easy to forget that she was nowhere near as freakish to mortal eyes as she was to her own. Running a hand over the smooth metal encasing her face, she nodded slowly.

Chuck on some fancy latex, throw a few poses in front of a camera, then head home with a nice cheque? Yea, I could do that. Sure as hell beats petty theft.

"Now that I think about it, that might actually be worth looking into." She said, completely unaware of Heath's discomfort. Glancing over at Jessica, Jezebel laughed cheerfully. "Well, you don't need to worry about me in that regard. There's so much chemical gunk in me, a bit of alcohol ain't gonna make a blind bit of difference."

"Something on your mind?"
    Jezebel added, noticing the Gravewight's expression.

Heath had to consider the question. Had he been serious? "Oh yeah, totally. You should, I mean I bet there are a lot of guys and gals that dig the industrial goth look. Just gotta ease into the scene, go to some clubs, put together a portfolio and meet some photographers. I wonder if they've got gallery showings downtown," he mused aloud. He wondered if his agent would know more about that sort of thing, and then wondered if it'd be because he was an agent or was just into that sort of thing. Turning his attention away from his stray thoughts he looked to Jezebel expectantly.

"Oh right, the paperwork. Well you really should look into that. Maybe Mr. Bates has some connections that would help you out with that." Mr. Bates seemed to be the man to see about everything keeping the Freehold together.

D
    Decibelle

Jessica tried to keep the wide grin in check, but couldn't entirely help it - she was rocking back and forth on her heels with all the excitement of a child who just had a brilliant idea, barely able to contain herself. "I just remembered something - something really great. I'm going to get you a job at the bar - that is, y'know, if I can persuade people to." She grinned again - so wide, the flesh around her mouth tore open slightly. "Just try not to give yourself alcohol poisoning before then."

R
    Ruphi

Derb nods a few times during the conversation, but those paying attention to the odd man realize that his nods are following a pattern which is more towards the timings of the attacks between the brawl between Swilla and Spartan. So glad it's them and not me.

"That would be great if you got a job tending bar." It would give Derb somewhere else to go when he wasn't working.

-post on

D
    Decibelle

"I reckon it's possible to get you a job tending bar, too," offered Jessica, grinning. "we just need to get you in the right one."

"True dat," says Heath, being silly and nodded energetically, causing his hair to spring about. "Best of luck to you, Jezebel. And you too, Miss Jessica, I'm sure with the right attitude you can get a job and paperwork squared away. In any case I think I'll jump in on these events. Feel free to find me afterwards, though I'll probably be drunk at the bar!" He let out a laugh and gave them a salute for a farewell.
    Heath joins the Events, resulting in him getting drunk at the bar

R
    Ruphi

Derb nods, "I think I'm going to get going. I have to finish something at the shop." He was still very much distracted, and his ideas had to be taken care of now! "It was nice talking to you both."

Derb exits the scene

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread