Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1208) Heath & Derb

Jun 18, 2009 : Salvage
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

"How am I doing? Well I'm doing great," continued the Fairest with an ever-present grin on his face. "Turns out my stage performance attracted the attention of another club so they've asked me to warm up the stage for some celebs. Might earn me some major publicity." He nearly hopped up from his seat with glee.

"But what about you, Mr. Derb? We didn't have much of a chance to talk at the club. It's refreshing to see you here in the Four Seasons. Are you affiliated with any Court, might I ask?" Really he knew next to nothing about this newcomer and was eager to satisfy his curiosity.

D
    Decibelle

"Uh -" The Gravewight looked momentarily surprised to find herself with two strangers, slightly confused as to what had brought her in that direction, but she was nonetheless forced to make the most of a bad situation. And, at least, they weren't lawyers, right?

"Sorry. I'm Jessica. Black Jessica." Now that she'd made the decision to speak, the words tumbled out of her mouth like a panicked torrent, washing and heaving over each other in a desperate attempt to free themselves from her dead flesh. "I don't know anyone here, and you look the nicest, and I hope I'm not bothering you, I just didn't know who to talk to, so -"
    Remembering to close her mouth, she did so, and tried to smile, awkwardly locking her fingers around each other and glancing at the two, urgently attempting to veer the conversation back on course before they found her too awkward, before she was forced to stand there in silence until she backed off and left. ""And you perform for clubs? That's really nice!"

R
    Ruphi

Derb nods to the words the comedian was saying. "That's awesome," came out of the greenskined wizened's mouth. He then paused for a second as if he was snapped out of a slight trance. "no, no, I'm not one for politics." Derb didn't understand Ms. Blacks appology. Maybe she came over to admire the food too. The wallflower then introduces himself to the lady stares off into the distance, his beady eyes taking in as much detail as possible. "I'm Derb Jessica Black."

"I don't really want to get tied down to a court, it might get in the way of me doing my job." He added again for good measure to expand on why he had no court affiliation.

Heath nodded his understanding to Derb, "Yeah, I'm not particularly political myself. But the Spring philosophies and my own coincide nicely..." he trailed off as Jessica approached.

What he saw was horrifying, not so much from her appearance, because Zombie marches were becoming a popular activity these days, but because she was really dead looking and it wasn't a simple makeup job.
      Concealed Reaction, 4suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-17 15:28:17 Heath rolls 5 to conceal his shock [Comp+Sub+Sp(HidingEmotions)] (10 Again) 9, 6, 10, 8, 8, 6 4 successes
    But he masterfully concealed his shock and smiled, perhaps even more so now, at their new guest.

"Hello, Miss Jessica, splendid to meet you. You're too kind to say so, and after all..." he paused as if considering, "looks can be deceiving." Oh he hoped so. He hoped so.

"I'm Heath Moore, stand-up comedian professionale." He couldn't help but stare at her jawline, stifling a shiver of discomfort.

D
    Decibelle

Jessica's rigid face broke into a wide, if nervous, grin, the flesh splitting and cracking along her ghostly, dark lips. "Hullo, Derb," she smiled, folding her hands in front of her, her expression - and demeanor - warming up a fraction. Cautiously polite, that was the best way to describe it.

Idly brushing a lock of hair away, and the ghost of a maggot that had wormed its way through her teeth, she shrugged slightly, watching the pair converse without really chipping in, unwilling to contribute an unwarranted opinion. Instead, she watched their words and considered them, carefully, as if to appraise the danger they posed - only leaving her nervous planning when she was addressed, directly.
    "Yes...?" Was that a joke about her? Suddenly, she felt aware of the presence of strangers around her, nervously shrinking back a step. "Lovely to meet you, though. Really."

She tried to smile again, nervously, but it was forced. Rigid. Dead.

R
    Ruphi

Derb may have had a response, but he gave the ghostly one a glance and didn't take in any details other than she was pale, and talking to him and the comedian. I should try to do something like that. He was lost in thought about how the place magically changed before his eyes in the last court.

"I'd love to see the next place you are performing at. The last one felt too modern for me." Perhaps the changeling was starting to like the renfest feel of this hollow.

Heath was relieved for Derb's progression of dialogue and bit into it gratefully. "Oh, it's a nice place, up near Arden-Arcade called Punchline. It's linked with a chain of comedy venues that circulate comedians, or so my agent reassures me. Probably pricier than the club you saw me at, though I couldn't say if it were more or less modern. We just had a rehearsal, and the place was big, though the stage was a bit smaller than I'd like. Eggs and tomatoes hurt a lot more up close," he joked with a laugh.

"Miss Jessica, are you a fan of comedies? Movies, stand-up, novels even?" he asked hopefully. How could the dismal demure form of death wish to laugh? Joy was likely all the more valuable to the seemingly dead, all the more reason to find distraction from their state. He didn't want to bring it up and breach the civil discussion. What is she? he wondered fearfully.

D
    Decibelle

Jessica glanced up at the pair, folding her hands in front of her. As she squeezed her palm around the back of her hand, the ghostly flesh split for a moment, before she eventually spoke up. "No, not really," she replied, shrugging her shoulders slightly and offering him a slight smile. "Don't get me wrong, though. I mean, you seem nice and funny. And I like to laugh. Just with, well, friends." She paused for a moment, shrugging, as if in apology. "I like romance novels, though. Have you met Dominyk, from your court?"

R
    Ruphi

Derb shook his head no, it served a dual purpose. I don't know Dominyk, nor do I like romance novels.. Derb picked up a fork and started piling on a few chicken wings from the buffet. These things are great. He liked them more or less because he could build massive chicken wing towers if his gluttony would allow him.

He was listening to the conversation at hand, but did not have much to add at the moment. The wizened sat happily that he was blending into the shadows of the event.

The Fairest's smile faded slightly. Not a fan of comedy...well guess that's that. "Ah, umm, no, I don't believe so, but I think I may have heard of him. Then again there's still quite a few acquaintances I haven't made. Why, would you consider him a romantic?" he queries, curious how the subjects related. This girl was a strange one, but then again some would likely say that of him. Perhaps he was being too judgmental, though he couldn't help but feel his stomach squirm while watching her skin split the way it did. "Oh, umm, what Court may I ask are you a part of? Judging by your Mantle might I make a guess at the Ashen Court?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread