Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The University Stacks

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    I
    Irina

"There could be... an obnoxious group of... loud conversationalists," Josephine responded in a quiet, but dry voice. That was worse to her at any rate. People could speak amongst each other in libraries; she was not a stuff library who could not bear even the sound of a pin dropping. But loud conversation and shouting between the stacks?

That was just terribly rude.

She passed her gaze over the other two Kindred once more, before stepping around the corner to pull out the book that she had been searching for. As a concession to her bid to learn of computers, she had searched for the appropriate title on the Internet before coming to the library.

She was computer 'nearly, almost, not quite' savvy.

Which is why the book that the Haunt slipped from the shelf was on the essential basics of computer programming.

Returning to the table several minutes later, the Haunt seated herself next to Deputy Grigoriev and cracked open the book at the introduction. Briefly - absolutely not to procrastinate - Josephine paused to scan the literature that Kingsley was reading, as Ashley moved into the aisle, before letting her attention fall back to her own research.

Some people might have considered it awkward sitting in silence next to the shadowed man beside her; but by now the good Doctor was used to it, and any discomfort greatly lessened by experience and familiarity.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley comes back from the isles with a random assortment of books. She rests the small pile carefully onto the table, as to not let any fall over and make unnecessary noise. The California Statues book is still amongst the collection, but along with other randoms covering Politics, Economy, History and Sociology

Ashley withdraws a small notepad and pen from her purse and rests it onto the table next to the stacks. She looks through the selection for a moment, and then pulls out the Sociology book and begins to scan through it...occasionally jotting down a note or two.
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil peered over at Ashley for a moment, offering her a small smile. The gorgeous new Kindred was merely a momentary distraction from his research.

Then his eyes flicked over toward Josephine as she came close enough to peer his way. He offered her and Sidor the same small smile and quietly said, "Good evening," before resuming his scanning of the abstract of the NATO ballistics report. It wasn't quite what he was looking for, so he replaced it on the 'done' side of his cart and rose to go to the other side and grab his next item.

This was going to take some time, he could tell. But time was the currency of science, and he had all the time in the world.

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"Yes, I suppose that is true. Or mimes," Sidor replied in perfect, effortless deadpan. He had nothing against mimes, he was just aware that him even making the suggestion sounded humorous enough. He traced his fingers across the page he was reading, his shrouded gaze calm and serious. His expression didn't flicker as he concentrated.

He didn't look up as Kingsley approached, but his presence was acceptable enough.

"Hello, Dr. Kingsley," he said levelly. "How does the evening find you?"

I
    Irina

When Ashley returned, Doctor Powell glanced at the books she carried, with the casual curiosity of someone interested in what topics interested other people.

The mention of mimes drew a smile, but unsurprisingly Doctor Powell had not had much interaction with mimes. She had fixed the broken leg of a clown once, a long time ago. He had fallen from his unicycle a little too enthusiastically, while riding it across a tight rope.

He had offered her a months supply of face paint as thanks... she hadn't taken him up on his offer.

Pushing away the, frankly obscure, memory, Josephine glanced across the table at Kingsley to await his answer.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil gave a pleasant little shrug as he replied quietly enough so as not to draw the feared Library 5-0 down upon them. "Hello, Mr. Grigoriev... good to see you this evening, sir," he said. "It goes productively, I'd say. Keeping up with new studies and all to see what's worth knowing and what's worth setting aside makes for a night of long labours."

"I hope you both are having an enjoyable evening too."
    His gaze turned to Josephine, and he offered the Doctor a warm smile of introduction. "Ma'am, I'm sorry to say that I've not yet had the pleasure of making your acquantence. My name is Neil Kingsley."

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley writes a bit more onto the small notepad and pauses, looking up for a moment in thought. With a gentile nod to herself she closes the Sociology book and pulls out the History book from the stack.

Opening up the book, she moves her notepad into the book and then sets the book she just finished back onto the pile. Shifting the notepad to the table once more she starts to scan through the book.

Ashley tries to focus on the task she set for herself this evening, even if her beast is not letting her forget the presence of other predators...
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor glanced at Kingsley as he kept his voice low, and nodded very slightly. He approved of not attracting the librarians. After all, awkward questions such as 'Why don't you have a face?!' got rather tiresome after a while.

"It is always wise to keep up with new developments, in my experience, Dr. Kingsley,"
    the Haunt said drily, then glanced at the strikingly well-dressed Haunt next to him. "Allow me to introduce you to Doctor Josephine Powell. She is an associate and close friend of mine."

Whatever he meant by close friend was utterly inscrutable, his shrouded face hiding even the slightest of indications.

I
    Irina

The good Doctor extended a hand toward Dr. Kingsley, reaching confidentally across the table in greeting. It was a far cry from her former habit of worriedly offering a quick hello, with the concern that she was doing it wrong somehow.

She offered a polite smile to the Mekhet, and nodded in acknowledgement of Sidor's introduction. A faintly more familiar smile touched her lips as he spoke.

"It is... a pleasure to meet you, Dr. Kingsley," the Haunt remarked, and reflected that the library was probably the oddest meeting place of a new Kindred yet.

N
    Neil Kingsley

"Quite right, sir," Neil replied to Sidor. He looked interestedly at Josephine as the Priscus of Haunts introduced her, shaking her hand graciously. "You as well, Doctor Powell; how are you this evening?" He nodded to the Doc as he said it.

He'd heard of Josephine, recalled her willingness to assist Tracy Burns and them on their case. He thought well of such things, especially at a time when they really needed it.

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.