(Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Balloons adorn the mailbox of the two-story townhouse. Rented for the weekend, the informal location seems a most appropriate spot for a informal get together of Sacramento's Carthians and perhaps those who were curious and interested about learning a bit more of the Covenant.

Ashley, quite frankly, did not expect many to show up. The Carthians were easily the smallest group out of all those in the Invictus controlled Sacramento. The Invictus were not to blame, though, as many of the hardships were seemingly self-inflicted. Ashley did not desire to change the political face of Sacramento. She merely wanted to see to it that the Carthian's found their footing. In her years, she learned patience and there was no need to rush anything when you were immortal.

The door to the townhouse was left open as a symbol for a open invitation for members and the curious alike. The ravishing lordess sat quietly in a recliner in the living room reading a book. Her luminous blue eyes kept attentive of the homes threshold, waiting to see who all would come through the door tonight.

Open to Carthian and non-Carthian alike.

Bianca
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

S
    Sabeleth

It hadn't been that long since Cal's acknowledgement meeting, although he was already starting to feel more comfortable in Sacramento. At that first meeting he had mentioned being open to finding out more about the various covenants, and although the local Invictus had a few things going for them in his opinion, Cal still wasn't just going to leap in without considering all of his options.

Which brought him to the door of the townhouse the Carthians had rented. Well. A Carthian. Perhaps even The Carthian. As far as Callum could tell there wasn't an official representation in the Domain, which likely meant a small meeting. Certainly the Seneschal's information had not indicated a leader of the faction in Sacramento. Maybe he would be the only one to turn up, but at least being openly unaligned made it easier to come along and ask questions. Alright then, here goes nothing.

Checking out the surrounding area with a quick sweep of his eyes, Callum made his way up to the door, knocked politely, and then strode in.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

A simple knock at the door draws Ashley's attention from her book as she glances to the door. Settling the book down upon the coffee table, the tiny blond rises from the recliner. Ashley's internal tantrum to eviscerate the trespasser is greatly muted, because there is something familiar.

A inquisitive brow raises as she looks to the newcomer and a smile quickly forms on her lips."Why hello...And welcome..." Ashley cannot help but be surprised as she thinks back to that club.

What was that club's name again... When you had a few centuries behind you, sometimes minor details slip...

"What brings you from New York?"

Social Combat

PRE

At first, it was the balloons that caught her attention. However, as Tracy walked up a little closer to the townhouse she noticed that door was left wide open. This seemed a little strange to her, because it wasn't usual for people to just leave their doors open in such a way that could invite potential trouble, especially at night. So with her curiosity getting the best of her, the petite Gangrel walked up to take a quick look around.

Before she poked her head inside, her Beast gave her a prompt warning of what lay inside. Hissing in defiance of the others nearby, Tracy frowned slightly as she pushed the animal back. The presence of other Kindred nearby just made her curiosity grow, as she wondered if she had just wondered into someone feeding on an unsuspecting family inside the townhouse.

Hmm, well that's certainly interesting...

Without giving it further thought, the redheaded Savage stepped through the front door. She wasn't sure of what to expect, but some ideas crossed her mind. Perhaps a hungry neonate had broken in without putting too much thought into what they were doing, or maybe she was venturing into someone's Haven unannounced. Then again, what Kindred in their right mind would leave the front door to their Haven wide open like that?

As she walked inside, the first thing she noticed was two other Kindred in the room. There were no signs of a messy feeding, and one of them was standing a few feet away from the Gangrel with his back turned to her. The other seemed to be comfortably seated, like she owned the place. So maybe she had walked into someone's Haven after all, or maybe something else was up.

Pushing her Beast back once more, Tracy offered the woman a gentle smile. "Umm, hello," she said in greeting, hoping that she wouldn't startle the one with his back turned. "Didn't mean to intrude...but you do realize that your front door has been left wide open, right?" She raised an eyebrow slightly as she said those words. After all, if this was some sort of private meeting, an open door didn't do much for privacy...

S
    Sabeleth

Cal had been prepared for the protestations of his beastly inner voice, but the peculiar edge of familiarity caught him off-guard. The attractive young woman brought with her an image of his former home, and he took a moment to compose himself.

"Rebel, right? Can't say I was expecting to see a familiar face." Though I'd never forget such a pretty one.

Callum's stance eased off a bit as he adjusted to the new situation. This town was just full of surprises.

"It was time for a change of scene Ms. Cohen. I got in last month, have you been here long yourself?"

At which point another, yet unfamiliar, beast arrived on the scene. The hairs on the back of his neck prickled as he turned to face the newcomer and silenced the voice that told him to run away right now. Without thinking about it his body had slipped into a relaxed stance that would enable him to quickly deal with a potential threat. Slowly Callum assessed the new arrival with a neutral expression.

"Must admit I was a little curious about that myself, but then it was advertised as an 'open house'." A relaxed smile crossed his face as he watched the other kindred's response to his quip.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley's first reaction to Tracy is murderous rage, though her smile never fades or falters. She knows the feeling well, and expects it to come with the unknowns that may show tonight. Quelling instinct, she gives a nod to Tracy.

"Good evening." She glances around the place for a moment, with a wave of her hand motioning about. "Have the place rented for the weekend."

Ashley's luminous blue eyes move back to the two. "I am Ashley Cohen." She candidly stated more for Tracy than for Callum.

"With Carthians being such a rarity in the city I felt moved to sate anyone's curiosity." Ashley glances back to Callum, still unable to get over him being in Sacramento. So far this night has been a pleasant surprise.

Social Combat

PRE

"It was?" asked Tracy in response to Callum's comment. "I didn't see any sort of announcement..." she let her words trail off, as she slowly began to recognize the Daeva. "Wait, aren't you some sort of rock star or something? You used to be involved in fighting circles too, right?"

The Gangrel turned her attention to the hostess, of this impromptu meeting she knew nothing about. "I'm Tracy," she said to the Ventrue with a little smile. "Tracy Burns." She looked around the room for a moment, her emerald green eyes scanning the place. "So Miss Cohen, you rented this space to have a little pow-wow?" she asked as her eyes shifted back to the Ventrue. "I haven't met any Carthians in Sacramento yet, so I guess tonight is my lucky night, huh?" A smirk touched the corner of her lips as she said those last words.

1 suxx, 2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-15 08:20:56 Tracy Burns rolls 6 to Int+Comp+1 (Fame) to recognize Callum as a "former fighting champ" (1s Subtract) 2, 8, 6, 3, 7, 8 2 successes
    2012-08-15 08:20:24 Tracy Burns rolls 6 to Int+Comp+1 (Fame) to recognize Callum as a "rock star" (1s Subtract) 6, 2, 4, 6, 9, 3 1 success

S
    Sabeleth

Tracy's sudden recognition brought a cheeky grin to Cal's face. "Hey, you got me. Callum McCann, 'some sort of rock star'. Pleased to meet you Ms. Burns." He offered his hand, even as his beast warned that he might not get it back. Shut it you petulant little prick.

"Yeah, I won a few sanshou titles back in the day. At the time it was a big deal for an American to win." He shrugged and returned his attention to Ashley. "Turns out it's a Carthian Open House with bonus Manhatten reunion." His charming smile lit up the room. "Can't say I know much about the Carthian movement, so I thought it wise to educate myself. Given the present company it was clearly a good choice."

I
    Irina

Doctor Powell knew very little about the inner-workings of the Carthians, other than that in the City of Sacramento, they had a very bad track record and had recently been terribly quiet.

The Haunt might have ventured into a Carthian open-house simply to learn more of a Covenant she was relatively unfamiliar with, and fill in that gap in her knowledge. But when she felt Deputy Burns' familiar Beast and stepped forward to greet the other woman, the Haunt had no idea what exactly she was stepping into other than a... house party?

Perhaps living in an orderly Domain had spoiled her, but she was used to formal announcements about this sort of thing.

She scanned around the room, noting the familiar and unfamiliar faces, and Josephine smiled politely.

"I assume... I'm not... interrupting," she stated rather than asked.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Balloons?! Is the Harpy's first thought. Merde, I should have brought some too.

Just like going to a child's birthday party. Or a Carthian meeting, what's the difference.

Madam Alice Brown, Interpreter and Librettist of the First Estate, walks up to the house in a summery dress. Rumors had it that there would be another attempt to start an organization around... insert random mortal political system. The Harpy has to be there.

'Good evening everyone.' Would it change anything if she was interrupting? 'I am Alice Brown.' Her Beast roars aggressively. In the time it calms down Alice looks around the house. There don't seem to be any mortals here. Her attention switches between the two nearest unfamiliar handsome beings, since she doesn't know who exactly organized this.

With a friendly smile, 'Before we do introductions, I have to ask, how safe is it to speak in this place?'

Alice
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread