Watch

One Step Closer

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

After the meeting with Spyder, Aenigma led Miach back to his Sanctum, where they could discuss their next steps without fear of breaching the Veil. Besides, there were a few things that the Warlock wished to try that would need to be done in private, away from any prying eyes and ears.

Once he had lead his fellow Mystagogue inside, he motioned for him to join him in the living room. "Well, before I go ahead and try a couple of things, we should probably talk a bit about what we are to do next," he said to the Acanthus, gesturing for him to take a seat in one of the couches and make himself comfortable.

"Unless I'm absolutely wrong about these wards the kid mentioned, I believe they should be easy to disable as long as we are able to find the physical representations of each circle," explained Aenigma as he took a seat. "As I understand it, if we can manage to break the physical circles, the warding effects should wear off."

Miach

PRE

Miach had never entered anyone beside Menwel's Sanctum, and was shyer than usual for the Acanthus. When Aenigma talked business, he nodded in complete understanding though.

Hedge Magic, yes. From what I know, you're right. I doubt they'll be standing in the library though, but perhaps around the house, or within it. Anyway, it should be rather easy, I'm confident.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

The young Mysatgogue considered his partner's words for a moment. "Hmm, that may be the case," he said as he entertained another thought. "However, it's likely that the circle of blood is constrained to a smaller area. From what I understand about Hedge magics, the blood must come from the person performing the ritual. With the size of that mansion, whoever was performing the ritual would've bled out before they were done." The Warlock let out a soft chuckle, finding the discussion of low magics somewhat amusing.

"Oh, one other thing I wanted to talk about," he said to the Acanthus. "The grimoire the boy mentioned, we should also get our hands on that. Now that we are not bound by any sort of agreement, I can care less if it used to belong to his family or not." A sly smirk touched the corner of Aenigma's lips as he finished saying those words.

"Besides, who knows what sort of information may be found within it," he said to the other Mystagogue. "It could be dangerous to leave that floating around in someone else's hands."

Miach

PRE

Miach nodded when he learned of the workings of Hedge Madgic. That had never been something that had piqued his interest before, so he had had no clue. Ah, I see. That's much better then. If it's in a confined space, I hope that with a Life spell, I can manage to locate the blood.

He was not feeling so sure about the other book, but well, the Acanthus wasn't too sure about much of this, so he might as well see it through till the end. Right, I agree we need to have a look at that book. If only we had time, the whole collection might even be interesting, but well... he shrugged. If the Warlock had been powerful enough to displace a whole library, they wouldn't be having this talk.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nodded at Miach's words, giving the Acanthus a smile. "That's what I'm hoping for," he said to the other Mystagogue. "The faster we can get this done, the better. After all, we don't want to get caught in the act." With those words, the Warlock fell silent for a moment.

"Alright, I'm gonna give something a try real quick," he said to the Enchanter in a reassuring tone.

Once he said those words, Aenigma performed a hand gesture as he closed his eyes, chanting in High Speech as he envisioned the book the kid had described in his mind. Slowly but surely, he began to pull the spell together as he performed the Mudra. His Nimbus flared, as whispering in many different languages could be heard in the room, while a number of ethereal symbols manifested around the Warlock for a moment, shifting constantly as they created patterns in the air.

no dox, 2 suxx on Scry
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-05 09:41:55 Aenigma rolls 6 to Int+Investigation+Rote Spec+Space+HS-10 (described) to "Scry on grimoire" (Exceptional Luck) (9 Again, WillPower) 5, 8, 2, 10, 6, 7, 4 2 successes
    2012-08-05 09:41:12 Aenigma rolls 1 to Paradox (2-1 for Rote casting) (10 Again) 6 failure

-1 Mana for sympathetic casting, -1 WP, 1 9-again used (Exceptional Luck)

m
    magiuspendragon

Aenigma
    The scene unfolds through Aenigma's scrying portal. A room, dimly lit with low flickering lights. Wooden shelves line the walls, packed with books. The book in question is sitting on top of a glass display case, open to a page. The page itself is handwritten text, a few diagrams, and afew margin notes in a different hand.

Please roll [Int + Occult -2] to investigate the open face of the book, and [Wits + Occult -1] to glean any information about the other books in the room.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

As the scrying window opened, the Warlock didn't waste any time. First he focused on studying the open book that was on the glass display, which was the grimoire that Spyder had wanted them to retrieve. Afterwards, he took a quick glance at the other books around, trying to get a feeling for anything else of importance that may lie within Ms. Perkins' collection.

2 suxx on Int+Occult, 3 suxx on Wits+Occult
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-06 14:23:23 Aenigma rolls 6 to Wits+Occult-1 to "check out other books" (Exceptional Luck) (9 Again) 9, 10, 5, 1, 6, 5, 1, 9, 5 3 successes
    2012-08-06 14:22:41 Aenigma rolls 6 to Int+Occult-2 to "study open book" (Exceptional Luck) (9 Again) 6, 8, 4, 2, 1, 8 2 successes

Used up 2 more suxx from Exceptional Luck, which leaves him with 3 more

m
    magiuspendragon

The Open Ritual
    The book is open to a ritual which seems to be designed for opening one's mind to a higher power, and drawing the essence of power back into this world. It's supposed to grant visions of the future.

The other books
    The other books visible comprise a collection from all sorts of Sleeper mysticism texts. Most seem pretty harmless, though a couple catch Aenigma's eye. One is known to contain a primitive summoning ritual that has a tendency to cause nearby spirits to materialize.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma committed the contents of the page to memory, mostly out of habit than anything else. As he studied the other books through the scrying window, he took special note of the one that contained the summoning ritual, committing the image to memory as well. He figured it was probably a good idea to liberate that particular tome as well. After all, who knew what Miss Perkins or anyone else may do with such a thing, even if the ritual was somewhat primitive.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Once he was done taking mental notes of the room's layout and its contents, the Warlock opened his eyes once more as he let go of the spell. He turned to Miach with a little smile, pleased by what he had found. "The grimoire the kid mention is in there," he said to the Acanthus. "Along with some other books we should probably get once we are in." With those words, a sly smirk touch the corner of his lips.

Miach

PRE

The Acanthus nodded at Aenigma's words. They came as no surprise. I hope there aren't too much of them, I'm no mule... did he reply with humor.

Then came the tricky part, how to actually enter the place ?

Do we try to enter the place at night, now, as burglars, or do we try it tomorrow, posing as the bloggers ? I'm rather clueless, I've got to admit. Perhaps we could even try the legit way, with the curator's blessing, and offer to buy the book back, no ?

It depended of course on whether the Perkins woman was a Sleeper, or not...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread