Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Business Luncheon with Fr. Sam

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

The restaurant Father Samael had found was really more a piece of history than a restaurant. The building was a Gothic-style house that the owner had put a lot of effort into restoring. Now she ran a lunch and tea business out of it. Samael hadn't been here before, but it had caught his eye on the way to the museum and now that he had guests it seemed a good opportunity to pay the locally owned business a visit.

When asked where they would prefer to sit, Father Samael had promptly answered, "Outside. The good Lord has blessed us with a gorgeous day, and the garden is absolutely gorgeous. It would be a shame to waste the opportunity. The table in the corner over there looks perfect, nice and quiet for my friends and me." As he speaks the faintest hint of an Irish accent sneaks into his voice for a moment.

B
    Beej

Reverb joins Father Samael a minute later after locking his bike up out front.

"Outside works for me. Its nice out." Reverb stutters as he takes a pit at the posted menu. Hmm no grilled cheese..but the Italian sandwich sounds good. He had never discussed weighty matters like possession magic and eight hundred year old enchanted artifacts over sandwichs. Well that's not entirely accurate. Bazelgette had made him cook a lot while he had trained with him. Usually in public when business was discussed it was over coffee and buscatti.

Samael peruses the menu for a moment in silence. When the time comes to order he responds "The quiche de jour, please, and a cup of which ever soup there is more of in the back. Just water to drink for me. And whatever my young friend wants, I'll cover the tab."

Samael waits patiently as the other mage orders. Once the server has departed with their selections he turns to Reverb. "So, my son, it seemed there was something you wished to discuss back at the curator's office. What was it that you noticed?" The priest has a patiently serene expression on his face, encouraging the young man to take as much time as he needs.

B
    Beej

"I'll have the Italian sandwhich, hold the dressing and the onions. And...ice tea?" Reverb sutters to the server.

Once the staff is gone, Reverb fishes out his ipad.

"Well..I want that lion. Thats freak'en awesome. Seriously." he forces through the sentences as he fires up the apple device. "But its not our biggest problem. Assuming that doll is a puzzle like I think it is..." Reverb pauses to center himself and pull back on the stuttering. "What sort of puzzle answer or prize requires a giant man eating mechanical lion? I think we really want that lion around until we figure out what to do with the doll. Not to mention, did you get a weird vibe when you pasted the curator?"

Father Samael is quiet for a moment, considering. "It seems to me that the lion is dangerous, and not something to be taken lightly. It's animation is tied into perfected metals within its core, and it might even be capable of self-repair."

Samael falls quiet for a moment, steepling his fingers and resting his lower jaw on them before continuing. "I wish to contact the Mysterium and see if they can and want to move to acquire the doll and the lion. If not, then we will have to find a way to neutralize both. As it stands they are a danger to the Sleepers and to the secrecy that protects them."

Samael watches the other mage closely, gauging his reaction. "I did feel something unusual with regard to the curator. It would be prudent to determine if anyone in the community knows anything about him."

B
    Beej

Perfected metals...interesting. While he didn't have a whole lot of ideas on what to do next, Vincent didn't like handing this situation to someone else out of hand. Still, if you need to farm stuff out, you need to farm stuff out.

Reverb crosses his arms on the table and learns forward, glancing over the sugar and creamer holder on the table, nodding his head as the priest spoke. "Well yeah. Can't just let Raggedy-Ann sit there making everyone one C-walk." He comments in his stuttering manner. Reverb then plucks out a sugar packet and slouches back in his chair. "I'm not all that concerned with the lion until we start mucking with the doll. There's no stories about people getting eaten by the lion. So, that tells me that no one knows about the puzzle, so we're safe on the front for the time being." the Obrimos shrugs. "I'll look into his background from the museum side, see how long he's been there and all that..take a look at the museum too." Robert the Doll sprang to mind and all the crazy partial domination associated with it. Rubbing his face and sighing, Reverb banishes the thought. "Calling the Myst-ques isn't a bad idea, although I ain't about to let someone else take over and boot me off this." he says fiddling with the packet.

Father Samael lets Reverb finish speaking and then considers his words for a few moments. He smiles broadly and nods thanks to the waitress as she brings their food over and asks if there is anything else they might need. "No, thank you. This looks wonderful."

The priest begins his meal as the waitress leaves them alone once more, using the food as an excuse to remain silent as he considers what to say next.

"I do think this is something to worry about. The lion my not have attacked anyone yet, or even moved of its own accord, but the doll has. Yes, dancing seems harmless enough, but anything that moves under its own volition without an obvious controller or, worse, that can reach out and control others, is a serious threat. It is imperative that the doll be recovered from Sleeper hands, before it causes irreparable harm. I urge you not to underestimate that lion, either. I am certain it can be very dangerous."

Samael sighs briefly and gives Reverb a short, small smile. "I appreciate your zeal for the subject. If the Mysterium wishes to study the doll and its lion I am sure that they will let you continue your involvement. If they are reluctant to do so, I'll see what I can do. I, sadly, do not yet know how to contact them, however, so unless you do, I think the next step is for me to contact the head of my order and see if we can get a hold of them that way."

B
    Beej

"Thanks." Reverb tells the waitress and proceeds to inhale his sandwich. Half way through he pauses and sucks down his coke before finishing off the sandwich.

"Um..okay. We talk with your people and see where that takes us." Vincent comments after the priest is done talking. He smothers his chips in ketchup and starts methodically devouring them. Clearly he and other the mage had different thoughts about the lion and at this point, there wasn't much point further arguing it. So he kept quiet on that point.

Samael nods and pulls out his cell phone. He quickly finds whatever number he is looking for and dials the call. He sips his drink as he waits for an answer, phone to his ear.

B
    Beej

Thinking for a moment, Reverb decides he might as well start reaching out himself and fishes out his Ipad and its blue-tooth keyboard. He takes a few moments typing up an email to someone he know in the Getty Foundation. He asks one Mr. Rocker to dig up everything he can about the doll museum; its history, its financial donor lists, where it gets its collection from and any information on the curator. Vincent concludes, mentioning to Mr. Rocker that just the other day he saw a certain something that Mr. Rocker has often said 'would look fantastic above over the grill.'
    Key
    ooc

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread