Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Eolas) Pleasant Valley Sandcastle

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    S
    Selena

The address that Jed Zafai gave to Chris and James took them northeast of downtown Sacramento, also known as the Communal Hunting Grounds to the two vampires. It's about a mile from the occult shop that the man runs. The outside looks like it's cared for, albeit probably not Melvin's handy work. He can hardly keep the store organized, why would he take the time for his yard?

Upon first sight, there are no houselights on outside. It also appears dimly lit inside as well. The street is quiet in the neighborhood.

Melvin's House

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

One could wonder how long it takes Chris' Mini Cooper to drive one mile, but it may be known he made a few stops. A quick stop by the temple to pick up his Homunculus.

Homunculi, after all, need no warrant to search one's house.

Oh and we shouldn't forget the stop at that alley. The Mekhet had not planned to take a quick snack, but he is uncertain what the Goddess might ask of him tonight. He better be prepared. Blood is important, and thanks to the credulous man, Chris has some more of it now.

Nearly half past twelve he arrives at Melvin's house. There he looks around for James' bike. Micky is on the back seat, sniffing around.

We're really getting somewhere now.

My monthly feeding roll
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-01 13:42:16 Chris rolls 5 to Str + Subt to feed (10 Again) 3, 8, 5, 1, 9 2 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

As Chris went to get his snack and his homunculus, Jim decided to do the same. Hitting up his Herd, the Taifa took a little nip and found himself a little more full for the night's activities. He didn't know if he'd need the Blood, but it was better to have it and not need it than need it and find oneself running short.

His bike stopped a block away. Chris's questionably masculine Mini Cooper was cute and all, but Jim drove a beast of a motorcycle. And the beast was loud. He unstraddled the bike and strolled on up to the Mini Cooper. The bike could wait; if he was going to have to chase someone, he'd do it by air or passenger up in The Chrismobile; he was more of a pleasure rider than any sort of stunt driver.

Knocking quietly on the window, the newest Acolyte asked, "Shall we?"

The night wasn't getting any younger.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-02 00:36:45 James Calloway rolls 5 to Pres+Persuasion (Capped) Feeding (10 Again) 9, 9, 3, 5, 7 2 successes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

He wasn't sure how to do this, but when his coterie mate arrives Chris makes a quick decision. Micky should stay in the car, if they needed him Chris could always be the one to "forget his phone".

My little friend is still a risk to the Masquerade.

Knock knock, the Mekhet nods and steps out. 'Yes we shall!' He says a bit too dramatic.

'We do this the usual way... where you say the first words?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Jim nodded as he led the way to the door. "Something like that. Keep your eyes peeled, would you?" He grinned at the Heirophant, and stepped onto the stoop. His fist cocked up, and he knocked on the door twice, smiling as he did.

Because it never hurt to be pleasant when you were about to royally mindfuck someone.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Of course of course, my friend.' Chris replies, also grinning. Honestly, he forgot to go into this full force after being busy with the other distractions.

Then again, he is very ready now. Aaand very curious to see how Melvin would react to two visitors of his bookshop showing up at his doorstep, in the middle of the night.

Of course of course, activate all Enhanced Senses

S
    Selena

When Chris and James approached the house, it was relatively dark. It seemed typical for an area they were in. Mundane houses, boring neighborhood, the whole kit and kaboodle. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary outside. When the knock sounded there was a slow patter of feet within that Chris could hear. It sounded lazy and not in a huge hurry. But when the feet arrived at the door, the Mekhet could hear something metallic picked up. Faint to most ears, but not for the Shadow.

There was a rustle of curtains at the window beside the door. Then a pause and a quick 'ha' could be heard inside.

Movement was directly behind the door and a deadbolt moved into the wooden hollows of it's case. The door flew open and a surprised look was on Melvin's face. "Well hey folks." He was entirely perplexed and confused. His eyes were severely bloodshot and he looked a little weary, despite the light-hearted answer of the door. He was wearing men's lounge pants in navy blue, and a plain grey t-shirt. It wasn't clear if it was pajamas or just his typical evening attire.

"So, was Jed unhelpful or something?" He looked from Chris to James. "Or did he think I had something around the house you'd be interested in buying." He chuckled a little, far fainter than he had been at the store.

"Oh hey, come in." There was a metal baseball bat in Melvin's hand, but it looked like he forgot it was there even as he opened the door further and moved to the side.

The house looked relatively neat and orderly inside. Yet on the kitchen table, magazines and catalogs were piled in neat stacks. A feeling that he didn't really clean was present.

James smiled at Melvin as he opened the door. He looked rough -- but then again, it was pretty late. The fatigue of humanity after a long day was something he'd almost forgotten.

"Hey, Melvin. How are ya?" He greeted the shopkeep cordially. "Sorry about coming around so late. We were actually hoping we could ask you a couple of questions about some rare herbs, if you had a bit of time to speak with us. Jed said you might be able to clarify a few things for us."

No point in popping powers or demanding answers at the door, especially while the guy had a baseball bat in his grasp. There was no harm in letting him relax a little. "Thanks very much!" Jim stepped inside, his head swivelling around and taking in the fairly orderly place.

The connection triggered in the back of the Gangrel's brain that it didn't make any sense that the basement of the man's shop was so wildly out of control while his house was neat and orderly.

Then again, sometimes people were slobs at work but couldn't live in that... weren't they?

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

As soon as Chris hears that 'something metallic' he automatically does a step back from the door. People do crazy shit nowadays, well at all times actually, to defend their homes.

Myself included. Gargoyles, I've seen them. If only...

The more surprised he is that Melvin invites them inside, the less surprised Chris is of the man's outfit and hidden mess. 'Thanks.'

That is all he says, for now. He could take the lead, not being a social retard, but giving his friend a moment to shine was nice too.

S
    Selena

Once the two men were inside, Melvin put down the bat by the door. As he did, he quickly added. “Sorry, sometimes there are kooks around.” His hand threw to the side and he shrugged a little. “Don’t worry, people pop by a lot. Sometimes Dalton sends stuff to my house people are waiting on. And folks are impatient sometimes.” There wasn’t anything in his tone that implied he was referring to the two Chris or James.

“Come into the kitchen. I just made some coffee a few minutes ago if you want.” He suddenly made a strange laugh as he walked to the direction of the kitchen. “I found my coffee mug that I was looking for at the shop.” He shook his head and laughed again. “It was in the break room. Not sure how it got there, I must have absentmindedly left it in there.”

He gestured to the four person square table adjacent to the kitchen. “Have a seat guys.” Melvin stood in sort of a waiting position like a friendly host would do. It may have looked like he was swaying slightly, yet still he conversed. “So herbs huh? What sort of rare herbs? Stuff comes and goes so often, I’ll try to help if it’s something specific you’re looking for. If not, I can certainly try to order it or have Dalton retrieve it.”

Of course he was surely helpful when money was involved. Chris, however, may have smelled the faint odor of grass and similar smells from outside the house.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.