Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Herald's Office Hours (5a) The Herald and a Deputy meet with Jamie Pt II

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

The atmosphere is again one of calm. Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the scent of lavender fills the air.

Tiny Martha stands close by bottom of The Stairs. Leaning hard on her simple metal cane and is ready to greet Jamie again and Grand Wyrm Max. Hoping to feel a little refreshed after a day of rest.

Over at the side of the Court rests the coffee table and sofa and all the neat paperwork and maps of the previous evening.

Martha is once again meekly and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears a long gymslip shows her legs to mid calf...her raven black hair is tied into long and neat twin tails. Each twin tail is tied with the red ribbon bow. She wears a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished pair of black Mary Janes thanks to her above the knee C-Leg. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip.

Gently smiling and readying her Beast to receive others...attentive to any threat.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

M
    Madimi

Once again Jamie found himself walking through the crowd of club goers. The orgy of their scents and cologne, mixed with the smell of the alcohol gave Avalon a faint metallic base note. He had worn, once again, a simple black shirt and black dress pants. It was a little cold that evening, but other club goers had done the same and forsaken an outer layer.

With a nod the door to the under-vault of Avalon was opened by its attendent, and Jamie was ushered through. As if by some preternatural foresight, Martha awaited below at the foot of the stairs. He gave her soft smile and an open handed greeting.

“Hi Herald Villiers. How is your evening?” he said, as he slowly descended the stair to avoid tripping. Heights had never been kind to Jamie. Martha, in her schoolgirl attire, was at odds with the room. As misplaced-in-time as she was, it suited the petite girl. Something about her person said delicate, overtly. “Just us this evening?” he asked, seeing no one else.

“I had hoped that Grand Wyrm would be in attendance. The move has broken my study schedule and I feel indolent for neglecting it. I take it you are Ordo too?”

When it finally clicked that her presence didn’t pain him, he was suddenly glad she could occult her nature.

Clever.

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a sincere and gentle smile Martha hobbled closer to offer a happy nod of greeting.

"Good evening, sir! My evening is going well enough for the present, thank you. I hope you are well!"
    she chirped. "I trust the Grand Wyrm will join us if and when he is able to do so. I did contact him. Though, his work is great and there is much to do. Please don't hold it against him if his obligations to the Chapter House delay him...and Deputy Connery is around somewhere." another playful smile, she leaned hard on her cane. "So, for the moment, it is just you and I...and: yes, sir. I count myself a fortunate member of the Ordo Dracul."

Her voice soft. Her eyes wide behind the scholarly spectacles as she bashfully studies Jamie.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

M
    Madimi

“I think the Ordo is fortunate to count a Herald and Keeper among its membership. I admit when I prepared to travel here, I was not aware that you Herald Villiers were Ordo. I guess we can't know everthing. I understand the office you wear now is Hearld; but may I ask what your discipline of study is at the Academy?” At the bottom of the stairs Jamie looked around. He had been there the evening before but it was so markedly different than the club is sat beneath. He looked up the way he had come but there was no sound from Avalon or flicker of light, a testament to the security of the Elysian he guessed.

“Did you know the word Elysium is Greek in origin and throughout history was thought to have been a neighboring realm, or an island and even thought to have been the top of a volcano. A concept, oddly enough not named till hundreds of years later when Vesuvius exploded,”
    he said. When he finished rambling he refocused himself and gave Martha a small nod as apology for losing the topic.

"Is something wrong Herald Villiers, for you to wish for my company for a concective night?"

At the foot of the stairs he waited for her lead before continuing anywhere.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was all too aware that Elysium was Greek, but felt it would be rude to explain so beyond a happy nod as Jamie explains his insight.

"I see! That is an interesting explanation of the Elysian Fields! As you suggest, Vesuvius can be most capricious and destructive, that is true. If our forefathers were to look for the Mercurial temperaments of the Gods, they would find easy examples and metaphor in Vesuvius!" she adds with wide eyed excitement, "Well, there is nothing wrong per se, sir, save that I wish to make certain of my understanding of your Auric Emanations! Your ability to deflect them so securely was something which fascinated me and, to be certain of the security of the Domain, I would be negligent if I did not ensure I was making a repeat attempt to understand your Auric aspect! But, in itself, sir, this is nothing to be alarmed about. I intend for us to eventually meet in there...there is a presentation I wish to share with you..." she says, playing with one of her twin tails as she uses her cane to point gently towards the door to a nearby meeting chamber, "until then and the possible arrival of the Grand Wyrm, shall we sit over on the sofa, sir, so we may talk more comfortably?" a happy smile as she redirects her cane to point to the sofa and chair arrangement she sat at the previous evening.

Leaning on her cane, she hobbles aside to allow Jamie easier and fuller access to the Elysian Field.

M
    Madimi

“Interesting; do you view humanity as a whole to be our forefathers or did you mean it in the sense of people born before us?” He took the seat Martha pointed out. ”But,” here he smiled, “hmmm nice point there with Vesuvius. The Gods were often more Human than people in those tales.”

Jamie waits for her to take a seat as well.

“Understood, can’t be too careful. Whenever you are ready, Herald Villiers, I am ready as well to continue the vetting process. Will we also be delving into the realm of the mind this evening? I would be terribly excited to try the mindspeak, as it is colloquially called.” He perked up noticeably on the topic of telepathy. It wasn’t a giddy energy that he projects, but that he seemed more expressive and animated. Unconsciously he held his breath, which was unusual for him.

“By and by you never did mention your discipline of study within the Ordo. Did you not wish to share or have you yet to chose an area of concentration?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Taking her seat with great care, the small creature rests her cane across her lap. Nodding happily as she listens to comments and questions.

"Well, now you mention it, sir...I see no reason why I cannot try again with the Mindspeak!" she smiles happily. As if the idea appeals to her in some way. "As to my Ordo studies, I am a humble Supplicant of Terror, sir. My views on Humanity are simple enough...all those who went before us, Kindred or Kine, are our forefathers. I feel no need to discriminate beyond that...at least, outside of any academic pursuit, of course. I rather fancy this is not a seminar environment!" she giggles merrily and watches Jamie as she adjusts her hat and spectacles. Cane still resting across her lap.

M
    Madimi

“No, of course not, at the moment you are acting in the capacity of the office you hold. I didn’t mean to offend you, the idea only occurred to me as you spoke. I’m not sure what I think on the subject. It's too romantic to call Humanity as a whole our forefathers, when logically they could be descendants of ours.” He responded to Martha but towards the end it was unclear if her were still speaking to her or himself.

“Oh a Supplicant...of...Terror,” he said slowly, like he was rolling the words around in his mouth tasting them.

A Herald supplicant?!

“No matter.” And at that waved a hand. “So how will this work, did you need me to do anything particular? I’ve done some reading on the subject but I can’t confess to be familiar with the modus operandi.” He fidgeted in his chair and shuddered slightly in excitement of the topic.

“Will contact facilitate the exercise?” he asked extending a hand toward Martha. His breath was noticeable and quick, as the the way he moistened his lips absentmindedly. With clear eyes he looked to Martha for all the world as a child in a candy shop would look at the confectioner; with desperation.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Noting his eagerness, Martha was unsure how this might effect her exploration of his Psyche. Replying with a gentle smile, she decided to allow him to hold her hand. "I daresay that contact will help, sir..." she gently takes his hands and watches his eyes over the rims of her spectacles as she makes ready to investigate his Mind.

"I am sure I need not remind you, sir, to lower your guards...you shall be safe. I mean you no harm." this was true and said with obvious sincerity.

But once again, her powers desert her. Shaking her head she sits there bereft and a little quiet. Shaken and exhausted by the effort, Martha wonders at her weakness and vows to correct it immediately.

"Well..." she says after a while of silence, "your mind, sir...it's seemingly impregnable. I shall have to try again some other evening...I do hope you aren't defying me on purpose!" she teases. Her good nature making the best of her exhaustion.

Letting his hands go, if he wishes to, or allowing him to hold her still, should that keep him calm, she sits there in silence for a moment. Watching Jamie with wide and innocent eyes.

"I wondered, sir...before we begin to study the presentation, did you wish to speak upon any matter? Any matter that is, unrelated to my failure to fathom your psyche, at least."
    a shy and self deprecating smile is offered.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella had been out on patrol, and decided to swing by the Avalon, wanting to see if anything was going on. It had been too long since she had stopped by, and was looking forward to seeing who was there.

She scans the crowd as she enters, smiling to those she recognized as she made her way towards the stairs. As she reaches the lower level, she pauses, sensing a new Beast. It takes only a few seconds for hers to notice, and make its displeasure known. Snarling, and wanting to show its dominance, she reins it in, and smiles as she continues to walk into the room. This evening she was wearing one of her red dresses, her long hair was down, and she emitted no Beast as she approached.

Looking to Martha, “Good evening Herald Villiers, I hope you are well.” She says with a smile and a bow of her head. She then looks to the new Kindred, not recognizing him, “Good evening to you as well sir.” she says with a friendly smile, her accent was British.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread