(Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

The Starbucks on 9th pulses with business as numerous people sit around enjoying the coffee, free internet, or conversation. Others make temporary stops for a beverage before heading back out onto the streets of downtown Sacramento.

A petite girl sits in contrast to the others, outside at a table by herself with a untouched cup of coffee reading a newspaper. Ashley knows the best way to know a city is to walk its streets, and with her affairs in order she emerses into the nightlife of downtown.

The capacity of humanity... She muses as she reads over the article of the Colorado incident. The atrocity comes as no surprise to her, and why should it...?

She glances up from the printed paper looking at all the people. It seems pitiful to her that humanity is on a crash course to destruction, and that every one of them knows it deep down, yet they are content to live in ignorance.

Kindred are no better... Ashley bit her lip, glancing back to the paper.
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

The Wells Fargo Center offers a prespective like no other. Ashley gazes out over the cityscape from the cleft between the curved copper roof caps. Behind her a hefty security guard stands idle, swayed into compliance by Ashley's demand.

Sacramento seems like a living organism to Ashley. The roadways were the veins and arteries carrying vehicles like blood to the various organs of the city. It is easy for Ashley to see why Sacramento is the capital of California.

Sacramento... A soft sigh escapes from her lips as her thoughts drift to the state of the Movement within Sacramento. Her original intent was to just pass through, yet with the shape things were in for the Movement, it calls her to a different course of action.

Ashley's light blue gaze falls upon the port. Some potential... She considers the best initial course of action. Her eyes move away from the port as she pans across the city.

The Carthian Movement will thrive.

The only thing that matters is just a matter of time...

Social Combat

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley strolls into the Claire Hotel, heading the the front desk.

"Can I help you?" Asks a young lady behind the counter, who was olive skinned with dark hair and brown eyes. Definitely Spanish and not bad on the eyes.

"Yes I have a reservation under Ashley Cohen." Ashley says as she places a hand upon the counter. Ashley regards the woman as she works to find the reservation on the computer. Her eyes shift from her face to the name tag.

Julia...

"Ok Ms. Cohen. Everything is in order...let me get you your room key." Julia say's as she reaches into the counter for a card. She swipes it through and activates it for Ashley's room.

"Room 126." Julia says, sliding the card over to Ashley.

"Thank you." Ashley slides the card into her pocket and turns away. "Have a good one Julia."

Ashley does not head to the elevator, but to the exit. Outside her cab still waits, running up its toll. Ashley opens the door and slides into the back seat. The cabby regards her for a moment in the rear-view.

"Take me back to where you picked me up." Ashley did have a another place to stay besides the Claire. She had her affairs in order for Sacramento a couple weeks before she ever was in Sacramento...she just wanted to owe the Seneschal...

Social Combat

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Our humanity and inhumanity rule in equal parts. It is a constant struggle, and with time we lose touch with the world around us and that battle in our souls begins to favor our darker nature.

How can we put control in individuals, especially ones who through time are more monsters than man?

This antiquated system we blindly follow is doomed to failure...

How do we save ourselves from ourselves?

Ashley's eyes linger over the old faded document. It was still very well-kept, though there was a brownish stain in the upper right corner of the parchment...a coffee stain. She could easily read every letter because her very hand penned it.

It was back in a time when Ashley was still Invictus, and there was no such thing as a Carthian. What started as idle discussions led to a question that continues to linger on in her centuries...

Ashley slid the document back into a plastic sleeve. Picking up a binder full of similar documents, she opened and returned it back to its' place.

Social Combat

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley relaxes in a recliner with book in hand. On the coffee table in front of her, numerous books on all manner of subjects, lay in neat stacks.

The task laid out before her was no simple or quick task. There were to many unknown variables. With how many kindred there were in Sacramento, any step had to be calculated and cautious, lest Ashley tread on other's toes.

There in laid the problem. With so many unknowns, it was hard to decipher where kindred influence was or wasn't. It was a sure bet that many had pull among the law and criminal element of the city, as well as the city's political body. So what was untapped or overlooked?

The Carthians lacked numbers and any sort of organization. Was it possible to draw Carthian's from other cities? Ashley could easily come across a couple of kindred in even the most mundane locations. Bringing any more could damage a already delicate equilibrium or be taken as a threat.

Was it possible to draw from the numbers already present? She knew drawing from the already present population would be slow going and could bring heat from other covenants. The Carthian's, quiet frankly, did not have the force to weather the attention of any of the other heavy-hitters in Sacramento.

"One stone at a time..." Ashley whispers quietly to herself, closing the book and adding it to the stack on the coffee table. Laying down solid foundations for the Movement was going to be unlike any task she has done in her entire requiem. Where once upon a time she found herself writing ideals and thoughts spoken in a coffee house, now came the time for her to bring those written words to life.

Ashley stood and headed over to a map of Sacramento that was thumb-tacked to the wall. Cocking her head and rubbing her chin she considers some of the options. She places a red thumb tack into McClellan Air Force Base and another into the Port of Sacramento.

"Hmm..."

Social Combat

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Testing the waters, Ashley finds herself outside of a hole-in-the-wall bar. Really nothing special, except that its close proximity to McClellan’s ensures a specific type of patron. Tonight is not about the hunt in a physical sense, but Ashley is indeed on the prowl

Slipping the cabbie a twenty, Ashley slides out of the backseat to find herself in front of the dive bar. There is no bouncer checking IDs at the door, so she enters unhindered.

"Hmm" Ashley cannot help but feel a little disappointed. There is literally two patrons playing pool, two at the bar, and a bartender. Out of the four, the two at the bar are definitely not in the military, as apparent by their unkempt appearance. The two playing pool…"Maybe…"

Ashley catches a quick glance from one of the guys playing pool. She quickly flashes a smile to show her interest, and it works. The dark-haired fella nudges his buddy to point out Ashley.

"Not quite yet…leave them hanging a bit…" Ashley tells herself as she glances around the place. The restroom sign catches her attention.

"That will do…" Ashley casually heads into the ladies room to give the two time to want more. Ashley is a bit surprised, well shocked, at how clean the women’s restroom is. With how the rest of the place looks, she half-expected it to be filthy and smell like urine…not…"What is that, apple-cinnamon?"

After a minute she exits the restroom. Keeping up the ruse, she closes the distance to her targets with semi-seductive movements woven into each step.

"Heya…" She lets her hand drop to the rails of the pool table, her fingers running along the felt. It is enough to pause the game and capture their attention. "…I am Ashley."

“Brian…” Says the one who Ashley first caught glancing. “…and this is James.” Brian motions to his buddy, who is obviously a tad-bit on the shy side.

"Pleasure to meet you…I am kinda new to Sacramento." Ashley smirks.

“I gotta hit the restroom. I’ll be back in a bit bro…” James says quickly, already in motion to go free some of the beer he has been drinking.

"You all in the military?" Ashley cuts to the point, but can already see Brian shaking his head “No” before any words come out. "Fuck…what a waste of time…" Ashley feels a bit of anger stir, yet fear enters her. "Am I really this out-of-touch???"

“No…We both work construction…” Brian glances down to the pool table for a brief moment. Out of the corner of his eye he catches Ashley drawing closer, and when he looks back all he can see is her exquisite blue eyes.

"Tell me where people from the Air Force Base hang out." The sanguine words leave her lips, imposing her will upon him

“Downtown…Maybe…”
    He said almost unconsciously, as he quickly complies to her demand.

James heads out of the bathroom and notices Brian standing alone…the blond no where in sight…

“Shot down” He jokingly says, nudging Brian’s shoulder. Brian stands motionless, just enough to cause James a bit of worry. But after a few seconds, he snaps out of it

“I guess…” Brian didn’t really know what happened. He just looks to James and gives a shrug. Then he looks back to the pool table to line up his next shot…

Social Combat

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley sat alone at a table close to the bar and watched the herd move about. Part of her was jaded to it all, with how many years she had seen, it was inevitable. As time slipped by and she bore witness to humanity's touch on the world, she couldn't help but think less of them. They were parasites to the world, slowly killing the planet...and Ashley had no delusion's that she was a parasite of parasites...

"Close your eyes and believe the lies
    that tomorrow is going to be just fine
    "

Ashley could not help but laugh a bit. Ignorance was indeed bliss and she wanted a blissful evening. She pushed the philosophical bullshit from her mind and focused on fulfilling that ever present hunger, a super easy task. Rising from her seat, like a panther on the prowl, she moved over to the closest person.

"Wrong place, wrong time love..."

A young, attractive brunette leaned on the bar and was trying her hardest to get the tender's attention for some drinks. Ashley tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around. "Excuse me..." Ashley's blues eyes locked with the girl's brown eyes...

"Take me to the Claire Hotel." The lordly words carried the weight of Ashley's imposing words and the only thing the brunette could do was say "Okay."

Ashley turned and headed out, leading her onto the streets. "I didn't drive..." She said as they stepped out onto the streets, still unsure what was going on. Ashley nodded in response as she stepped to the curb, her blue eyes catching sight of a passing cab. With a wave of her hand she had the cabbies attention.

"Then pay for the cab..." Ashley looks back at the brunette as she opens the back door of the cab for her to step in. "What is your name anyways?"

"Lina..." She said softly, still confused why she was climbing into a cab with a stranger, or taking her back to the Claire. Ashley slid in next to Lina and shut the door.

"Claire Hotel..." Ashley told the cabbie as he began to pull away from the curb.

Ashley glances back to Lina. "Tell me Lina...Do you think tomorrow is going to be just fine?"

"Maybe it will be for you..."

Social Combat

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

The mansion was immense in size and exquisite in beauty. It was more than a home, it was here that the Sanguine Voice was taught to any who cared to learn it.

The library of the mansion was well-lit and well stocked. It contained numerous works in all manner of subjects. Ashley found one of the leather chairs rather comfortable, especially when reading a good book. The fireplace went unlit for obvious reasons, and all was rather quite within the large estate.

I have been one acquainted with the night.

I have walked out in rain -- and back in rain.

I have outwalked the furthest city light.

I have looked down the saddest city lane.

I have passed by the watchman on his beat

And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.

I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet

When far away an interrupted cry

Came over houses from another street,

But not to call me back or say good-bye;......

The sound of the door opening caused her to look away from the Frost poem. She glared at the interruption, and noticed it was Belle.

"Domme..." Ashley gave a nod of her head as the Dominatrix drew close. Belle was dressed in leather corset that fit her moniker.

"Are you going to be a recluse tonight?" Belle's slender brow arched as she glanced to see what Ashley was reading. "Robert Frost...I see..." A smirk drew across those ruby red lips drawing Ashley's blue eyes. "Wanted to see if you wanted to join in a little instruction this evening."

Ashley closed the book, setting it on the arm of the chair. "It surprises me that you ask even though you already know the answer..."

Belle tilted her head, regarding Ashley with a cursory gaze. "Splendid job with that Daeva..."

Ashley could tell from her tone that that part of her was being genuine, but at the same time sarcastic. With a simple shrug of her shoulders, she looked away from the Domme. "My hands are clean..."

"Bullshit..." Belle spat out, cutting Ashley short. Ashley's eyes snapped back to Belle. "You drove him to meet the sun by messing with his mortal family..." Belle let out a sigh. "He was First Estate too..." She said shaking her head.

"Did you expect me to sit idle? There was no way I was going to let him get away with it..." Ashley shook her head and she realized why Belle was here. It wasn't to talk about the Daeva...or have her help out with whatever sick endeavor she was about to do. Belle just wanted to ruffle her feathers...get into her mind.

"This thing you are doing is too transparent..." Ashley's hand moved back to the book as she tried to find the spot she was at. She glanced up to see a smirk forming across Belle's dark red lips.

Belle gave a nod and turned to head out of the library, closing the door behind her. Ashley gave a shrug and continued to read.

And further still at an unearthly height,

O luminary clock against the sky

Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.

I have been one acquainted with the night.

Social Combat

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

The warmth of blood flows with such a exquisite sensation, down her throat. Ashley's tongue caresses the wound, closing it up. Drawing her lips away from his neck, she takes care not to take to much, though her darker desire, urges her to drink until it goes cold.

Can't have that...

A slender, lithe hand moves to his chin, drawing his eyes to lock with her own.

"Tonight you took me out to Applebee's. You thought the waitress..."

"You know...The brunette with curly hair and a curvy bod to match it...?"

"Ya you thought she was hot, but definitely did not hold a candle to me."
    The sanguine words reshape his night as her hand moves from his chin into his hair.

"Anyhow...moving on..."

"The food was alright, though you noticed I barely ate my salmon and your steak definitely wasn't medium rare like you ordered...but the amount of alcohol you and I put down...well you knew that the date was going to pay off."
    A smirk teases her lips as she leans back in the seat.

"You may have over did it a bit though..." Ashley leans back forward, her hand clutching into his black hair drawing his face to meet hers.

"You remember hitting the bed room and the feel of my body, but I hate to say it...you did not last that long..."

"And after that it becomes a bit sketchy..."

Ashley cocks her head to the side as she finishes dabbling around with what was, and moves into what will be. "You had fun...Now go fall asleep in the bathroom by the toilet, and when you wake up in the morning...sneak out like a good little boy..." Speaking in her dominate voice he had no choice but to believe and obey.

Rising up, he heads into the bathroom to follow through with her demand. A smirk plays upon her lips as she glances down to the stack of books upon the table. While the night is drawing to a close for him, it still held many hours of work...research into a proper focal point for her to focus her attentions.

The research has begun to narrow, as a few hopeful prospects come to light. She knows where to apply her focus, but more details into the how needed to be touched upon.

The Carthian Movement may have not had the numbers, but if things went as intended, it would not matter...

Social Combat

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

T.G.I.Fridays...

In here it is always Friday...

With the time of night, all appetizer's are half-priced. That, along with drink specials, draws in many patrons. It is the perfect place to kick back after a long day and hang out with friends, or for centuries-old Carthian Lord to conduct secret business within plain sight.

The young blond, sits alone at a booth off in the corner. Her only company is a half-full glass (or half-empty, depending of life outlook) of tequila sunrise, today's copy of the SacBee, and a basket of cold mozzarella cheese-sticks. She lounges across the bench of the booth, with her back pressed to the wall and a elbow upon the table. Her attention is transfixed upon the screen of her phone, but it is a mere ruse and she notes his approach.

"Ashley..." Kyle says softly and timidly. He does not expect such a beautiful mark...

"Sit..." Ashley's stunning blue eyes, pierce through his insecurities. Kyle did not appear to be much, but he possessed a specific skill set that Ashley covets.

"Well...Ah..."

"Patronage..." Ashley cuts him off sharply. "That is what I offer..."

"Wha..? Patronage...?" Kyle stammers out.

"Money is not going to be a issue and I will give you access to the best of the best equipment you desire..."

Kyle's confusion is written across his face, as his nervousness starts to give way to suspicion. "Who are you?"

A smirk traces Ashley's delicate lips. "It is not about who I am, so much as who I want to be..."

This has to be a trap... Kyle looks around Friday's and begins to leave. He feels her hold upon his sleeve.

"Life comes down to a few moments and this is one of them. Don't waste it..." Ashley's words hold sway as her touch guides him to sit once more.

"Ok...I am listening..."

"First things first...care for some cheese sticks? They may be a little cold..."

Social Combat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread