Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

After the Tour

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

"Indeed," replied Chase simply to Tracy's conclusion. "That is what your time as Slave is meant for." His attention shifted to Aïleen, now more curious in the technique she was describing. "Protection of the mind, you say? My clan's favored Discipline is meant to influence the mind, is this perhaps a defense against such influences?" He wondered if her intent was to circumvent his clan's ability or something of its like. It was suspicious, and Chase was a cautious kindred.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

From what Aileen had heard, she would indeed enjoy some measure of protection against such influences as the one described by Supplicant Ankers. Chase. But she doubted now was the time to be informal. The Shadow Slave nodded in answer to his question, before expanding slightly.

But it doesn't come freely. From what I heard, you learn to cloud your thoughts, but it means you have to give up some of the sharpness of your mind, too...

A price she was more than ready to play, but she didn't feel the need to emphasize that.

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a happy smile, Martha nods to Aileen. "I have begun a study of the arts you have mentioned, Slave MacFarlane. I am happy to share with you what I have learned so far. The path beyond where I am seems to be fruitful, at present I am working at a foundation of psychic skills. Though, perhaps, together we can advance our study!" she shares her smile to Aileen and others too. Intending to show she wishes to help anyone with studys generally.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

"Ah, I see, very interesting," said Chase quickly. He shouldn't have been surprised that those of the Ordo would value abilities of the mind. "I think I too would like to learn more of this technique, to gauge a better understanding of the scope of it," he quietly comments.

Though he didn't have an immediate use for the mental defenses he could see the value in it. Best to at least educate himself before deciding. He was quite sure there were other priorities on his development, but all would come in time.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

It wasn't a widespread field of study, so Aileen was rather surprised when Supplicant Villiers stated she too had started studies about it. Anything pertaining to it was of interest to the Shadow, and she showed it.

I'd be delighted to study those capabilities with you, Supplicant Villiers. And you too, of course, Supplicant Ankers.

She then gave a quizzical look toward Tracy, including her in the studies if she but expressed the wish to.

PRE

OOC

Tracy listened to the exchange between Aileen and the pair of Supplicants, growing curious about the topic of their discussion. She had heard of her own Clan's ability of protecting the mind against some powers of the blood, but it seemed that the approach was quite different in this case.

"Hmm, this is quite interesting indeed," said the petite Gangrel, tilting her head slightly to one side. "I'm uncertain if I'm truly fit to begin such studies though, for it sounds like something that may be beyond my current capabilities." She paused for a moment, feeling slightly embarrassed at having admitted to that.

"But I do wish your studies are successful," said the redheaded Slave, offering a pleasant smile to the other Kindred around her.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha offered Tracy a sincere and happy smile. Wagging a playful finger at her. "Ah! Slave Burns! Of course you are fit to begin! Why...if you wish, I shall be happy to begin tutorials with you regarding matters of the Ordo Dracul this very weekend...if you are willing to join me, that is! We could begin to explore those thing that interest you in more detail." another happy nod and a smile to Chase, as if eager to show she is only too keen to share tutorial duties.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

"Hmm?" hmms Chase in momentary confusion before realization of Martha's intent dawns on the Lord. "Oh, oh yes, of course. That sounds most excellent. We both are happy to be available to school you in whichever form of study you find most prudent, Slave Burns," he says in haste, likely prompted as his eyes glance between Tracy and Martha. He had never played the role of teacher before and likely would have preferred advancing his own studies. But he was not one to skimp on his duties either.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen would have pouted if it had been in her character, but she really was glad to be overlooked by the Supplicants. All she wanted was to practice the training regimen provided by her Sire when she had left Chicago. If she had any trust in anyone, it would be in Ashek. And what's more she was genuinely glad for Slave Burns, who seemed eager to find her own way. It could only do her good to have two teachers available. She smiled at the Gangrel Slave.

PRE

Tracy smiled sweetly at both Supplicants, grateful that the two of them were willing to help her find her way. "Great, I'm very grateful to you both," she said to Martha and Chase, her smile widening a bit as she focused her emerald green eyes on Martha. "I'd be honored to meet with you this weekend Supplicant Villiers! I'm sure that with your help I will be able to find an appropriate course of study," she said to the petite Mekhet, her voice full of excitement at the idea.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread