Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

After the Tour

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

PRE

As Martha explained what had happened to "deer-in-headlights boy," Tracy listened attentively. She really was not surprised at all that the Daeva had fled the Domain. After all, the neonate always seemed to be on the verge of Rotschrek. Perhaps if he would've stuck around long enough, he may have been able to learn how to control those impulses...because, that's what the Dragons did, right? Seek ways of overcoming the weakness of the Kindred condition. At least, that's what Max had told her when he gave her his first "recruitment speech," which also happened to be the first night they spent together.

"Well, it sounds like it is his loss really," said the petite Gangrel to Martha, offering her a reassuring smile. "Perhaps he was too impatient, and not capable of understanding your lessons." She gave a little nonchalant shrug and then added, "besides, that means others can benefit from your tutelage now, since you are no longer preoccupied with mentoring him!"

1 suxx to help cheer Martha up! :)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-09 07:15:31 Tracy Burns rolls 5 to Presence+Persuasion+SL to "help cheer Martha up!" :) (10 Again) 6, 2, 10, 3, 5, 5 1 success

Martha Villiers

PRE

The efforts to perk up Martha are met with a happy smile and positive results!

Whatever mood she found herself momentarily in was washed away by the positive vibes. Happier in tone, she nodded to Tracy and Chase. "I certainly enjoyed teaching! I would be happy to again too!" she added nodding to Chase and Tracy and playing cheerily with one of her twin tails now. Feeling emboldened, tiny Martha offers, "Miss Burns...should you find yourself in need of a tutor, I would be only too happy to offer my time and energies to helping your study!" she adds a smile to Chase too. "I daresay you and I might value from teaching and learning together too, sir! Goodness me, I do enjoy scholastic opportunities!" Martha's hands played once more with her twin tails. Eyes bright at the thought of helping to both teach and learn.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Chase cannot help but grin at Martha's renewed enthusiasm. "I should enjoy that immensely, Miss Villiers, as I am always eager to learn new things. What other subjects have you under your belt, if I might ask?" Truly he was eager to learn but with his limited time outside the running of his business he had to be careful which subjects were of greatest priority and of greatest use to him. Should Martha have knowledge of the Banes of their condition then perhaps he could resist the sleep that called to him each night. More time on his hands, or so he had heard. It was likely that was a dangerous route to pursue so he had to consider it carefully, should the option even be available.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

It seemed both the Grand Wyrm and Supplicant Redfill were in a sober mood, and Aileen looked around her to see the three other Kindred present were already engaged in some kind of talk. The Mekhet hardly dared moving toward them, but her only other choices were either to stand alone, or stand between two stern Dragons...

She walked a few strides toward Slave Burns, Supplicant Villiers, and Supplicant Ankers, and heard that they were talking of the various teaching opportunities. She knew she hadn't already mastered the abilities that Ashek had set for her, but once done, Aileen knew she would have to pursue her studies regardless. Perhaps it would be for the best for her to already prepare for it ?

I... I'm very eager to learn, too. Even if... I've been... picky in my subjects.

It wasn't hard to tell from the petite Mekhet's tone that she had been picky for a reason, but she hardly seemed ready to talk about it.

Apologies, Supplicants, to interrupt... did she hastily add.

PRE

Tracy smiled at Martha, pleased that the Mekhet's mood seemed to have improved. At her offer of tutelage, the petite Gangrel's smile widened. "Thank you for the offer, Supplicant Villiers," she said in response, trying to use the appropriate title. After all, she would need to get used to that, at least when amongst her Covenant mates. "I must admit, I still have much to learn being so new to the Order."

With those words, she glanced at Max Heinz for a moment, still curious as to what he had meant with the comment about his own teaching methods being a little extreme. The Gangrel still wanted to speak with him about what course of study would be the most appropriate for her. She was beginning to form some ideas in her mind, from what she had heard others say.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was still smiling and her mood remained improved. Nodding eagerly to Chase, she was about to reply to his queries and also to Tracy as Aileen made her way over. "Ah, good evening, Slave McFarlane...you aren't interrupting...we are glad you are joining us! We were speaking about teaching and learning! Have you thought about which areas of learning you wish to explore first amongst the Chapter House?" she asks Tracy and Aileen collectively.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

At Aïleen's approach did not falter Chase's smile. Of course their new additions would be eager to learn the Coils also. Likely Martha would find another student among them. His own meager steps along the Dragon's path might well make him able to provide guidance to the Slaves of their order. "Yes, do tell," added Chase with a softening of his eyes.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen wasn't so sure of how to broach the topic, but tried to be as open as she could. Tracy and Chase had proved approachable enough, and the same could be said of Supplicant Villiers, if she were honest-minded. It was clear that she was picking her words carefully as she stated her current studies.

I belonged to another Chapter House before coming here, Supplicant Villiers, and my Sire and I had already extensively discussed the possibilities. There are teachings galore for the interested student. It was his opinion, and I have come to share it, that before trying to change my whole being, it would prove fruitful to first master my mind. As such, we have decided of a set of exercise for me to master the Mind of the Devouring Worm first.

Aileen wasn't sure what they would think of this, and as such she tried to left open room for them to disagree in the way she presented this very personal path she was treading. The Mekhet was keenly aware that most Dragons were interested first and foremost by the Coils. She was no exception in that she wanted to learn them, but she had her priorities set slightly differently, was all. Would she get their blessing for her studies ?

PRE

The question from Martha caught Tracy a little off guard, since she still wasn't very clear on what a Coil actually was. Max had explained the goals of the Ordo Dracul to her, so she had a general idea of what they may be, but didn't know much else beyond that. Fortunately for the Gangrel, Aileen chose to answer the Herald's question first.

What exactly do I want to learn? I mean, there is so much that I don't know...

She listened as the other Slave spoke about her own interests, trying to understand what the shy Mekhet was actually talking about. However, the redheaded Savage had no idea what a devouring worm was, or how it related to someone's mind at all. It was as if they were speaking an entirely different language, one she had yet to learn.

Once Aileen was done speaking, there was no escape for Tracy. She had to give an answer to Martha, and while she was a little nervous and afraid of sounding dumb, the tiny Gangrel pushed her doubts aside and went for it anyways. "Well, I think the first thing I need to learn is the different titles and the overall hierarchy of the Order," she said to the Kindred around her. If she would've been capable of blushing, she would have at that moment. "Being so new to it all, I feel like I need to get a better grasp on the basics before I can pursue anything more advanced."

I hope that didn't sound too stupid...

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha beamed Tracy a smile. As if already extremely pleased with something Tracy had said. This is reinforced by a happy clapping of her dainty hands and sharing the smile with Chase. As if to say: see! There is wisdom here in Tracy! I knew it!

"How splendid! Of course, Slave Burns! Well...I shall be happy to explain. In this Chapter House, which differs from many for the relatively small number of Dragons, we are under the care, custody and direction of our Grand Wyrm! The most senior and venerable of active Dragons in a Chapter House is typically known as the Grand Wyrm. This is not to say they are the most accomplished with their studies of the Coils and other Ars Draco...but it may do...the next in seniority is..." another smile and she adjusts her spectacles a moment before sneaking a playful look to Chase to see of he wanted to play 'tag team instruction' and perhaps pick up on explaining the next few titles...

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread