Ended
Watch

After the Tour

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen had the feeling she was making headway regardless of her mild method, and she trusted Ashek to have lead her on the way she needed most. But obviously there were other means available, and she needed all the help she could in order to overcome her shortcomings.

I see your point, Supplicant Redfill. Would you find me too bold if I asked you to train me, or show me how best to train, at least ? I would be honored, actually. did the shy Mekhet finish, fidgeting somewhat.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

OOC

*Max watches as the others disperse around the room, interested to see where the night's conversations would turn. When Chase addresses him directly, Max turns towards him and shakes his head softly.* I must confess I have not. I've read many similar works, but there is so much to read here I've only made it perhaps a quarter of the way through what is stored here.

*As the topic of conversation turns to methods of learning the Coils, Max looks over to the two Kindred discussing the matter.* Indeed; it seems we were educated in similar style Supplicant Redfill.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Michael goes quiet for a moment to think.

"I'm afraid answering you right now would be too hasty, Slave McFarlane. We should meet and speak in private. I need to make sure that your views on the Great Work are similar to mine."

To Max's comment he replies with a smile:

"I'm glad that is so, Grand Wyrm. It means the methos is more or less universal."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

It was no surprise to the shy Mekhet that the Gangrel wanted to discuss it privately. It was all she could ask, even if she already feared they wouldn't see eye-to-eye. For her, their mind was their most powerful asset against the pangs of the Beast, as with nearly anything else. She didn't press the issue though, as it wouldn't have been proper, and the Grand Wyrm seemed to agree with Redfill.

I am at your disposal, Supplicant, to discuss this whenever you feel like it. Please, this is my number.

She handed him a profesionnal card with her number as well as the one of her Swimming-pool. She looked around at all the books, and asked M.Heinz.

Grand Wyrm... do you think you could guide me through the contents of this library, if you have the time to spare ?

Of particular interest to her would be a section related to Dreams, and other psychic phenomenon, but she didn't want to stress it if she could avoid it.

"Even still..." trailed off the Lord neonate, trying to wrap his head around it. It was in itself larger than the libraries of his sire.

He casually overheard the conversation between Michael and Aïleen as he admired the tomes. This talk of controlling the Beast's frenzy, his own methods were more akin to avoiding those situations altogether. Of course such things could not be helped at times, such as Court proceedings. The air there was always so thick with the potent blood of powerful vampires. Yet he did not interject.

Chase was also interested in Aïleen's proposal upon Max, though that in itself would be a timely affair. Instead he walked gingerly over to Martha who stood studiously besides the shelves. "Miss Villiers, how does your tutoring go of Slave McClean. I noticed he did not attend tonight's tour," noted Chase with interest. Aside from Drummond's ascension of the Coils, John was the only other he knew of that was actively pursuing advancement.

PRE

Tracy remained quiet as she listened to the exchange between the other Kindred in the room. Being the newest member of the Order, she figured it was best to listen to what those wiser than her had to say. This was a great opportunity for her to sink it all in, pay close attention to what was important to the Covenant, and take mental notes on question she'd like to ask Max at a later point.

I'll definitely need to ask him about the "Great Work" and this Coils business...I'm guessing its all tied into the whole "transcending into a higher form" that he has told me about? Hmm, definitely something I'll need to read up on if there are any books on the subject in this place.

The Gangrel's emerald green eyes continued to study the stacks of books, as her curiosity about what the contents may be began to grow as the other Dragons continued with their conversation. Eventually, Tracy snapped back to what was going on around her, turning to Martha to hear her response.

I do wonder what ever happened to that kid...

Martha Villiers

PRE

At the question regarding John, Martha paused to measure the closing of the book she had in her hand and took care not to slam the cover shut. "Slave McLean has elected to leave the Domain and my tuition for the present and continue his studies elsewhere." she tries a smile. "I shall not pretend, sir, his departure came as an unhappy shock to me." she replaces the book on the shelf where it belongs then adds, smiling to Chase, "Still...even if Mr McLean didn't learn much from me, I certainly found it helped me refine my approach to teaching and the lessons and instruction I sought to provide. So...at least there was some education! I just hope he didn't grow tired of my perhaps relentless didacticism in the classes." she smiles affably enough.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Library OOC

*Max nods to Michael, an unspoken understanding between the two men formed from shared suffering. But few things in life came without hard work, and it seemed to the two Dragons had turned out the better for it.

He then turns his attention to Aïleen, offering the shy Kindred a polite nod.* Of course. Particular attention has been paid to organizing the Library by subject. It starts with the more mundane subject; the history of Sacramento and mortal views on the supernatural, then works it's way into the sciences. From there it becomes progressively more arcane and farther from the "hard" sciences; until the very end where we keep volumes pertaining to the Kindred condition....

Surprise crossed the Lord's face at the news of McClean's unexpected departure. He had not been very vocal at the last order's meeting. It was quite understandable, Martha's disappointment, the tutor being abandoned by the student. At times like these encouragements were what was needed. "I...see," he says hesitantly as he takes in this new information. "Well surely he thought himself unworthy of your time and patience. I trust he simply wished to avoid exposing his lack of ability. A man's pride drives him to desperate ends at times." His words are meant to raise Martha's spirits though they are perhaps too hollow given he did not know firsthand the circumstances.
      Cheer Up!, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-08 23:37:35 Chase rolls 8 to raise Martha's spirits [Manip+Persu+SL] (10 Again) 2, 6, 2, 7, 5, 5, 1, 8 1 success
    He cleared his throat softly before continuing, "Erm, well for myself at least I hope I can soon advance along the Coils. I am uncertain where to continue the subject of my studies. The experience I acquired of the Blood has been a great boon to me, though my Sire had often said I was too young in my Requiem to pursue a deeper understanding of it."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Her eyes lingered on the various section of the library as described by the Grand Wyrm, and Aileen wondered where she would find the knowledge she was after, the explanation, the help she longed to find. The Mekhet tried to hide her inner thoughts, though, and thanked Max.

This is truely an admirable work, and I look forward to delving into its content, Grand Wyrm.

She looked toward the Dr Redfill, who had made no indication that he wanted a further conversation with her. Not that she dared pointing it out, though.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread