Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Herald's Office Hours (7) The Herald and a Deputy meet with Nefhilion

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low.

Down in the cellar vault of the Avalon, away from the sweaty press of people and the nightclubs' bright lights it is quieter.

Here a calmer atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the rich scent of lavender fills the air.

Tiny Martha sits alone on a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court and is quietly and carefully reading aloud from "The European Witch-Craze of the 16th and 17th Centuries" by Prof H R Trevor-Roper. The coffee table in front of her and Dillon (@Wolven Pryde) is piled with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and learned periodicals.

Martha sits prettily, meekly and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears a long black gymslip shows her slim legs to mid calf...her ebony black hair is tied into neat twin tails, each tail is tied with a large red ribbon bow. She wears a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished black Mary Jane shoes thanks to her C-Leg prosthesis. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie which is tucked neatly into her gymslip. A satchel and a simple metal walking cane rest at her side and are propped against the couch.

Briefly breaking from her reading aloud to Dillon to check up on The Stairs which descend into the covert Elysian Field from the nightclub, she then smiles and glances to Dillon again as she continues to read to him from the book; "...where was I? Ah...yes: 'Every crucial stage in the ideological struggle of the Reformation was a stage also in the revival and perpetuation of the witch-craze'..."
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

N
    Nefhilion

Nightclubs.
    Nefhilion has always hated nightclubs. Specially during summer.
    Although, he admits that the sweaty bodies and the warm blood scent are hard to ignore, for different reasons, of course.

Just as he's entering the building, the bouncer gives him an odd look. He's used to that, people always find him strange... as if he was a shady killer planning his next dark deed. If they only knew that they are not so mistaken.

The kindred makes his way through the crowd and heads towards the bar. He knows that if you are new in town, and don't have a clue of what's up, the first thing you should do is talk to any barman you can find.
    He doesn't have to speak a word, he's told to follow one of his goons downstairs, where he'll be able to find the Court room.

The Nosferatu follows the big man. He's wearing an unfitting uniform. That guy must be the only person who doesn't look good in a black-on-black outfit.
    As they walk towards the stairs, the vampire observes his sorroundings. The people here seem to be enjoying themselves, specially those couples that they pass by as they approach the more dark and "quieter" parts of the site.

The henchman holds the door open for the neonate, what a level of attention they have in here, Nefhilion thinks.
    As he gives a couple steps downstairs, the door is closed and locked. The sound of the nightclub and scent of the crowd slowly vanishes as the undead man approaches the room.
    The "gate" to the Elysium is slightly open. He slowly enters the room and, at the same time, introduces himself.

"Good evening, the name's Jay, although I prefer to be called Nefhilion. I was told to come here and meet you as soon as I entered the town" - the Nosferatu says with a tired and gruff tone.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nefhilion had hidden his Beast...this, combined with his almost silent and sinister Nosferatu presence, made Martha look up from her book with a sudden gesture of slight surprise in her wide blue eyes.

In fact, given his aura of almost imminent violence and menace, Martha looked at him very carefully indeed. Feeling the sudden need to grab at her walking cane, she offered him a meek smile.

Trusting to her occasional visions and insights, Martha's mind worked fast to assess the potential threat from Mr Jay.

"So it would seem, sir..."
    she began cautiously.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

With the increase of new Kindred to the Domain, Daniella had been making it a point to stop by Avalon on her patrols. After a quick sweep of the nightclub, she makes her way down the stairs into the cellar, hoping to either see a new face, or more importantly, Martha, who was always a pleasure to see.

Her attire for this evening was simple, a black skirt hitting mid thigh, a white large sleeved silk shirt and her long hair down around her shoulders. As she reaches the bottom step she pauses. She sees Martha and Dillon, and a gentlemen, who had no Beast. Not quite sure who he was, and her sensitive ears only picking up Marthas words and her tone, she makes her way over. Her steps hastened by the Heralds voice, though Dillon was there, she was not about to stand by the stairs and not issue aid if needed. As she gets closer, she will look to Dillon, then Martha before looking to the gentleman, who will notice she also emits no Beast.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

N
    Nefhilion

That look, the Nosferatu knew it all too well. He had grown accustomed to it.

"Don't worry, I come in peace. I apologise for entering your domain like this..."
    - He explained himself- "I usually like to meet the powerplayers of the city before I settle down, last time I didn't do so and I almost got myself killed".

Nefhilion knew he'd be a fool to commit another big mistake, he learned to be more cautious. He was aware that the chance that they gave him in New York wouldn't come by again.

The vampire took a glance, scanning the room. It was neatly decorated, it had almost a perfect balance between tones and furniture positioning, it was a nice change from the sewers and back alleys.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon's eternally restless Beast is feeling extremely lonely. It can't sense the creatures hiding behind the masks of Obfuscate the others wield. A hellish creature of fire and brimstone, snorting ash and cinder through six canine nostrils, growling perpetually in three separate voices, and eager for a challenge that never comes. It's the first thing any Kindred detects about Dillon, and in a way, it is the most deceptive.

The Gangrel Priscus is dangerous, to be sure, but threatening? Angry? Constantly on the verge of violence? Not exactly. His polite and friendly demeanor indicate a deeper man than that.

Even when Martha suddenly looked up in surprise at a presence he thought she'd be listening for, Dillon doesn't flinch. Instead, he smiles.

The Deputy unashamedly matches Martha entirely in black. Which for him is less some neo-goth play up to the vampire stereotype, and more a fixation, or a state of mind. Johnny Cash and the Rolling Stones put it into words better than he ever could. Anyway, there you have it.

"It's a good thing you did, Mister Nefhilion. Potential residents of the Domain are required to present themselves for Acknowledgement in order to be made aware of the law." Dillon's own voice is also gruff, husky. But there is a bright youth to it as well. After a pause to ponder the name, perhaps some slant on the word Nephilim, he indicates Martha with a hand gesture. "This is His Majesty's Herald, Martha Villiers; Mistress of Elysia."

A nod and another greeting smile to Daniella as she gets close to the conversation. "And this would be Bailiff Daniella Sage, both of which who are far more qualified to help acquaint you to the Domain than a simple deputy."

Dillon shuts up promptly after that, a bit of a lighthearted joke in his voice. He actually really liked helping others getting accustomed to a new city, and Martha at least should know that. He's only being silly. Dillon usually isn't the guy making introductions, so it seems kind of funny for him to be the first to do the talking.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and nods happily. Seeing the essential truth in Mr Jay's words, she can relax a little...only a little, of course. Much remains to be known.

Offering Dillon a happier smile as he takes over for the moment, she also joins in with dainty, and hopefully helpful, hand gestures to identify herself and Daniella as Dillon introduces them.

"Quite so, quite so! If you come in peace, you will be welcome! I shall hand you over to the Bailiff for the moment, Mr Jay...she will help take you through a presentation about the Domain...once that is completed and you have asked questions you wish to ask, you will then be invited to swear an Oath of Fealty to His Grace, the Duke of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento. I hope all this is satisfactory, sir!" she smiles again. "Please..." she gestures again with a dainty hand, "do be seated...if you are armed, please surrender your weapons to the Bailiff...otherwise, be seated and be at rest. This is one of the Elysian Fields, so you have nothing to fear here."

Another sweet smile to Daniella, Dillon and Nefhilion as she takes and gestures. She rests her cane down across her lap as she speaks. Watching the guest with care. Her glance to the Bailiff ( Tiffany ) seems to invite her to take the lead for the moment...

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

After Dillon speaks, and Jay states he came in peace, Daniellas posture relaxes. Smiling to Martha and bowing her head , "Good evening Herald Villiers!" turning to Dillon, "Deputy Connery, a good evening to you as well." she said with a polite nod of her head.

She then looks to Jay, her smile a little softer, "Pleased to meet you Mr Jay." she says, taking a cue from how Martha addressed him. She wasn't used to someone having something they preferred to be called. Though his presence made her feel slightly unsettled, it did not show, "I am more than happy to provide you with the Laws of the Domain," she states, her accent British, her tone friendly, "If you will please excuse me while I go and get the proper charts." she says and after offering a nod to Martha, she will make her way to the meeting room to get the chart.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

N
    Nefhilion

Nefhilion smirked knowing that he was welcomed. For a moment he remembered the days when he didn't had to cover his back and could trust people. The vampire society was cold and unforgiving, which in the long run grew tiring and annoyed the Nosferatu.

He sat down on a couch as Martha kindly asked him, crossed his legs and placed his hands and arms on the armrest.

"Don't worry, I'm not 'packing heat', as the young people say. I use my claws to defend myself"- He said while looking at his right hand - "Firearms are not really manly and I don't need melee weapons when I have this kind of fingernails".

He fiddled a bit with a thread that was sticking out of the piece of furniture and after a bit he returned his attention back to the people in the room.

"I am anxious to meet the Duke, It's been a while since my last job".

Martha Villiers

PRE

While waiting for the Bailiff to return Martha sat and watched Nefhilion with interest. Nodding as he explained himself and smiling as he declared himself unarmed.

"You have worked for a Duke or Prince before, sir? In a close working relationship, I mean..." she asked, smiling and sincere in her interest to hear any stories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread