Ended
Watch

A meeting with the Seneschal, the Herald and Mr Black

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Down in the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low.

The atmosphere is its usual lavender scented calm.

Tiny Martha sits quietly on the sensible sofa and seems to be working hard at studying a variety of paperwork. Printed out spreadsheets and maps of Sacramento. The maps are annotated and stuck about with many busy looking Post-It notes.

Martha sits meekly and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears a long gymslip shows her legs to mid calf...her raven black hair is tied into long and neat twin tails. Each twin tail is tied with a neat red ribbon bow. She wears her C-Leg, a pair of white kneesocks and a pair of carefully polished black Mary Jane shoes. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip. A simple metal walking cane rests next to her on the sofa.

She shares a glance to The Stairs as she glances to see if Dillon has returned so they may continue to whisper and discuss the printouts, city zonal planning regulations and a great many other relevant notes whilst waiting for Charles...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles was glad this meeting was finally happening. Unlike with some other situations he has to deal with, this one was under favorable circumstances and however this ended Charles would benefit in some way, shape or form. A cheerful smile played at his face as he made his way down the stairs, He wore a well fitted gray three piece suit.

He makes his way over the Sofa where Martha sat with her notes and maps. Charles takes a quick glance of what she's working on before offering her a respectful bow.

"Good Evening Herald Keeper Villiers, it is lovely to see you again."

He says in a soft and pleasant tone.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a happy smile and gesture of hand, tiny Martha offers Charles the chance to sit in the chair opposite. "Thank you, sir! A good evening to you, Mr Black! It is also good to see you, I do hope you are well! Please...please...do be seated!"

Waiting to see what he does, she takes a moment to adjust her hat and straighten up the notes and papers she was working on. "I took the liberty of inviting the Madam Seneschal to join us, sir. I hope she will join us shortly. I wonder, while we are at rest, can I offer refreshment? Though it may not be to your immediate taste, I have only some freshly made lemonade!" she giggles merrily. "You see I was making a quantity for a few drinks at the Ember with some of the dancers there. They do seem to enjoy a soft drink every now and then! Charming ladies, one and all!" she smiles once more. "I should feel terribly impolite to fail to offer you some as it is so fresh!"
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles nods and takes the seat across form her, and when offered the drink Charles nods again,

"It would be impolite of me to reject such an offer. Thank you."

He replies with a polite smile. Once again he glances over the work the Herald had in front of her.

"May I be so bold as to ask what you are working on Herald Keeper Villiers?"

He asks out of interest. Unlike some, Charles enjoyed administrative work; it is one thing to control a gun or a blade, it is a whole nother to be able to make assets and resources, appear and disappear with a wave of a pen.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Getting up from her seat, she smiles and nods to Charles. Taking a moment to study him over the rims of her spectacles. Assessing just how much of rebuke he might earn for such boldness if he were in the Chambers of others, "The paperwork that interests you so much is of direct relevance to the topic we shall be discussing this evening, sir. The contents and nature of the paperwork shall be revealed to you soon enough!" she smiles and puts her cane to work to help herself stand. "If it fascinates you that much, please feel free to take a moment to read it while I bring the lemonade." her tone remains cheery. Another brief gesture of her free hand invites Charles to read the top most documents or study the maps. "Please excuse me a moment, I shall try to be but a short while away."

With a nod and smile, she begins to limp over to her chambers...soon, after locking her chamber door securely, of course, to return with a tray holding a jar of freshly made ice cube chilled lemonade and a tumbler glass for it.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles stands when the Herald stands out of respect for his host.

"Thank you Herald Keeper, with your permission, I shall."

He adds he replies with a bow as she leaves to go get the Lemonade. Once she had left Charles takes that moment to examin the paper work infront of him trying to get a better idea as to what they intended to talk about to night.

Once she returns however, he stands again

"Thank you, you are too kind."

he says should she offer the jar of lemonade to him.

A
    Ariana Donovan

The Lordess had walked out of her office and down the hall a little. She had her own paper work to attend to and sometimes work concerning the newspaper. Thankfully she was usually quick to task with her vocation as most often it was routine.

Her heels gently clicked down the hallway toward the couches. Ariana’s dress was simple and black but complimented her figure. Her neck adorned with a strand of amethyst and gold and a ring laid on her right finger. She had also been wearing one of her favorite pairs of shoes that evening.

As she came upon Martha and Charles she slowly nodded admirably to the petite Shadow then spoke in a pleasant tone. “Good evening Herald Villiers and Mister Black.”

Martha Villiers

PRE

Charles will find that the paperwork includes documentation concerning the acquisition of property, site plans, maps of locations which are annotated with drawn circles of varying diameters, local population data annotated onto the maps too...accountancy data of projected profit, loss, overheads, etc. Information relating to the leasing of vehicles, the purchase of vehicles, comparisons of costs for funeral paraphernalia, caskets, coffins, urns, etc, All in all, Martha has assembled a mass of information about her project. There is also a draft brochure (clearly a print-out) for the Cedar Forest Funeral Home.

Martha gently places the glass tumbler on the coffee table and, as Charles stands politely to greet her, she begins to pour the drink for him. A careful activity which fills the air with a fresh and vivid citrus aroma.

All smiles and friendliness Martha straightens from her pouring duties and greets the arriving Seneschal, gesturing to her with the jug of homemade lemonade, "Ah! How splendid! Good evening, Madam Seneschal! Would you care for some lemonade too?" she asks cheerily.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles was very impressed by what he saw, and it filled him with a slight bit of giddiness seeing this project coming together. However this is all very well concealed by the man's professional and confident posture.

Charles smiles and bows at the approach of the Madam Seneschal

"Good evening Madam Seneschel, it is an honor to see you again."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Martha and Ariana in the same conversation! How can Dillon possibly resist?

Though the Gangrel deputy had intended to swipe the use of one of the smaller meeting rooms in order to scrawl through his overdue report to the Reeve, he supposes that if Conner had waited this long, he could wait another hour or so.

He can be heard approaching the group from the direction of the stairs at the same time his Beast is felt. As the three voices begin to growl, Dillon silences them fiercely. It is a sort of custom he institutes in the presence of the Seneschal. The hellhound is not permitted to challenge her, even as weak of a challenge as it would be, given their familiarity.

If he had allowed the growls turned to angry snarls, they would have probably been to the less-familiar Charles, anyway.

Dillon is dressed in his Avalon best. Semi-formal, with purple tie hanging a little loose to allow for the unbuttoning of the top two buttons of his shirt. Offering a casual wave along with his friendly, lopsided smirk, he slows as he draws near. It is as though he wants to make expressly clear that he wouldn't mind moving on if their meeting is intended to be more private.

"Good evening Seneschal Donovan, Herald Villiers, Mister Black."
    His husky voice is just as cordial as his expression. "I hope that the night finds you all well, and that I'm not interrupting anything?"
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread