Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
Apocalyptica

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 11 of 15 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Hit you with a car?!' Alec says with the surprise of a man who doesn't really know why lawyers would be bad.

'Defenders also keep the good folks out of jail right?' He shrugs. 'As long as you stick to the law I guess that those who bring justice could receive a bit more respect.'

He sips more of his drink with lemon grass. 'Who exactly was the one that brew all the good drinks?' The Woodblood looks around, interested, before smiling at Terri and Perry.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

S
    Sasha

There were times the Fairest Dancer was still shocked, and this was one of them. Two brute men, one Ogre one Draconic speak of fighting then suddenly disinterested. She was of little importance to the Freehold. As a matter of fact, she was of no importance at all. L’aire held no titles but was only pledged to Sacramento freehold. If she had left or disappeared, she would be just another blip to them all. Much like that of Dorian.

So…what the hell did they want with her. She told them she didn’t know the city or how to fight the only thing she had left was… ah yeah that’s right I’m a fucking Elvin Fairest. What they didn’t know, was that she’d trade it all for one thing.

When Warren Locke repeated part of her sentence, her eyes flashed toward him slightly bewildered. She thought she heard something in the tone of the rest of the Ogres’ words but was unsure what it could have been. L’aire’s neck was noticeably stiff by now from looking upwards at the two men. “Well, some people come here for the sparing. Not necessarily for the music.” Not that she was dogging Spartan’s selection of music, but it was an acquired taste of Summer.

Her eyes drifted back to Lou . L’aire’s head slowly rolling with them toward the iridescent Draconic. “Well Lou, I can certainly try. You have more than some do at this stage; the want to learn. But you have to do it for you.” Her shoulders shrugged with a quick grin. She was unsure if he phrased ‘know you would like that’ wrong by accident or if it was a slip of his long tongue… “Well it’d probably be easier to go to the studio.” Private lessons hmm… “I think we’d have more room there.” The Fairest Dancer had to take into account his stature. Her mouth may have sounded a little dry. It was summer's bar and the heat from the mantles and the crowd was baring down a little to the woman of the Ebony Court.

The Winter Dancer’s frame turned slightly back to the warm leather scent of the Ogre. “How about you Warren? Would you like to dance? Learn to dance I mean?” She quickly added the last bit. The Fairest’s violet eyes looked up to the expressionless face of the Ogre. She was unsure by his words of dancing in a ring if he was complacent about dancing at all, or just sharing a part of himself. A very dark part of himself. She pulled a thin tube of chapstick out and glanced toward the bar, not entirely conceiling the application but more so trying to hide the fact she was parched.

K
    Kazakin

Rook leant against the railing, his expression behind the sunglasses distant. The memories were intense, and if he had been possessed of less control, the reflexive tightening of his fingers might have bent the railing into knots.

But he restrained himself, silent and calm. The railing was unmarked. That was well.

It angered him that the memory of Rust was bright and clear, the memory of someone he had seen abuse a Court, and the memory of his life before was dimmer and sometimes wrong, or inconsistent. He would have given anything for it to be the other way around.

"Of course. Goodbye, Clare," he said, before acknowledging the hand on his shoulder. One rigid metal finger moved to Anya's taloned hand and traced down the back.

"Yes, you should. Music, I like. I understand music."

S
    Spartan

"So what do you think of Apocalyptica then Rook ? They are very... musical are they not?" Spartan could not think of a better phrase then musical. Most of the bands that came through here would not be referred to as 'musical' in the classical sense. But Apocalyptica, very much different.

Spartan was pleased, although it did not show on his face, that Rook and Anya were growing closer. It is good for those who walk through the fire so often to have someone to share themselves with.

Perry diCarto

Perry smiled very genuinely at Terri. And Alec, too, at that! They seemed to get it. They seemed to understand the importance of good representation. And he liked that. "You know, after the shit some people here have given me for my job," he said, thinking about the bullshit Lou had thrown his way without even introducing himself, "I'm really happy to meet a couple of folks who understand what its actually about!" He sounded light and joking, but it was a bit of a sore spot for him.

Justice was served by lawyers, prosecutors and defence counsel alike.

Looking around at the word 'brew' for a moment, Perry shrugged. "No idea, but if someone's brewing, I'm in."

Noooo, Perry, you're not an alkie at all. Try to be less of a stereotype, hmm?

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary spotted the waxingly hectic scene below, and politely excused herself from the group as she glided down the stairs to tend the bar and wrangle customers. Drinking on my break is bar-tending lubricant, I'm pretty sure, mused the muse as she filled orders and repeatedly wiped the counter clean between waves.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

With that, Clare headed down the stairs and made her way to Terri Nutkins , noting as she got closer that Perry diCarto , and that guy she'd met at the Junkyard and seen again at Tobias's opening ( Alec Valentine , right?) were there too. "Hey! Hi! Saw you three from up on the balcony-thing and thought I'd join you three."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Oh, that's Magnus," Terri replied, trying to spot the Brewer from her vantage before continuing. "He works for Caster here but is part of Miss Byeli's entourage if memory, and excuse the pun, serves me correctly." She chuckled, before noticing Claire head over and waved to the Ogre. "Hey, Claire! Please join us, have you met Perry and Alec before?" she asked, naturally assuming she knew Rick, who was standing nearby.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Really?' Alec doesn't quite understand that so many people would hate lawyers. Maybe because he doesn't have a job, maybe because he doesn't give shit to a lot of people. 'You do what you gotta do to pay the bills.' After that he gives Terri a friendly wink.

'Hey Clare, how are you? Yeah we've met already.'

And Magnus is the brewer? Him I've met as well...

'I'll have to remember that! Eventually there must be someone who is willing to teach me how to cook. I like eating and drinking so much...' He laughs, because, who doesn't like eating?
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

m
    magiuspendragon

"Oh I've been around for a few months," Tobias said, glancing at Mary (@Princess).

He nodded as Clare took her leave. "I'll catch up with you later," he said with a grin. He was glad the ogress was making friends. Raffie was never that social, he thought.

When Mary followed her a few moments later, Tobias just shrugged and waited for Rook's response to Spartan's question.

Page 11 of 15 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.