Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Wyatt Ammell Glimpses

THREADID

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Wyatt drove onto the parking lot, slowly enough to see if any other vehicles were getting in or out. All his life he had lived in Sacramento, he had seen the Four Seasons hotel, earlier he didn´t care. Now he did.

The changeling saw car lights going on, someone was about to drive away, so he got closer. The car almost got out of the parking place, but there was Wyatt, he pressed the accelerator and moved his Honda Accord just behind the BWM M3, luxe edition so it seemed. The car's horn sounded loud. The driver looked through his window, Wyatt suppressed a smile and mouthed ´sorry´ instead. The BMW driver shaked his head, irritated. Wyatt smiled inside, he pretended to pull his car back, but he actually turned the motor off.

Oops! Did I really just do that?

The other driver got out of his car, just like Wyatt expected, complete with neat suit. Such a stereotype. Because the man seemed mad and wanted to talk, or at least shout, Wyatt opened his window. ´I'm sorry sir, my car… it's just new.’ Wyatt gave him a dull look, ‘Or I'd better say second-hand, but that’s new for me.’ He shrugged with a smile.
    The nearly bald man bit on his lip. ‘Look son, I have important business to attend to and I really can’t play games with you and your car.’ Why do BMW drivers always think they rule the world?
    ‘If I could help it sir, I certainly would.’ He stayed completely calm, just to make the situation worse. And it worked, the man leaned on his Honda Accord, his almost red face near Wyatt’s calm one, ‘Move your ass together with your car, and I might be on time for my appointment.’ Wyatt had to dodge his saliva if he didn’t want to get wet. But gladly, a twinkling feeling started to come, though he felt there was more to get from this man.

So he opened his door, bashing the man backwards, ‘How about we push my car backwards, it's OK if you have an appointment, I'll look at my motor myself.’ Wyatt wasn't really a good actor, but it didn't really matter here, this man in front of him was blind already. ‘Really? Just really?! I’m not stupid!’ The man pulled Wyatt away, threw him out of the way and seated himself in the Honda. The motor started of course. With the door still open his car was driven backwards, out of the way of the BMW. Wyatt watched this all, smiling inwardly.

A moment later the man almost ran to his own car, got in when Wyatt said: ‘Thanks!’ All he got back was a middle finger and ‘Fuck YOU!’

The man thought Wyatt joking again, but no, the Changeling was really thankful for his anger. Yeah, he looked up at the clear sky of the spring, and felt as good as new.

Time to visit the hotel…
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Sitting in a dark alley isn't one of his favorite ways of pastime, especially not when it's raining. Yet even Wyatt Amnell needs to Harvest. He was told harvesting on fear would work best for him, the thought only scares him. His own Halloween mask scares him, hell even the dark alley scares him.

Damn, I’m such a shithead sometimes.

He sits on the ground, hiding behind a trash can. The knife in his hand was very real, this evening was, unfortunately, very real. The hours waiting were very real. And… the sound of high heels on the wet stones wi very real. It was coming closer quickly, the woman is probably in a hurry because of the rain.

She passes the trash can, Wyatt tries to get up, telling himself this would be over soon if he did it effectively. He holds his hands up, they were trembling. Damn. He holds the knife more firmly. Then he jumps forward, growling like a beast. His left hand muffles the woman's scream. 'Say goodbye to your purse, my dear, oh and your life.' Again he surprises himself as he actually sounds frightening.

He wasn’t very strong, but neither was the woman. He can feel her shaking, and when he turns her around, he can also feel the fear in her eyes. And it frightens him what he feels then, it is pleasure….

The pleasure of harvesting.

He remembers himself a while back, when he thought how fucking great being a changeling was . Some aspects now changed that opinion a little. The woman tries to kick and hit him, and she didn’t necessarily fail, but Wyatt doesn’t care.

1 – The Harvesting makes him feel less pain.
    2 – Of the pain he feels he thinks he deserves as a punishment for doing this.
    3 – It brings him back to reason.

The kind of reason that's going to release the woman. Because without really noticing the knife had been very close to the woman’s neck. How this could have gone wrong… and he was just enough medicine student to not know how to fix a sliced carotid artery.

He throws her on the ground, she screams, he almost screams. 'Ha! Now run whore!' And he takes a step forward. The woman stops her screaming, looks confused, but knows better than to stay. With wet eyes she runs away. Leaving her purse on the wet stones of the alley.

In shock Wyatt drops the knife on the floor. He almost picked up the purse and screamed: Ma'am, you forgot something! But then he remembers he was the was the one who caused this.

So he runs away to the other side of the alley, back home, a safe place.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Wyatt sat on the couch at his parents' house. The whole happy family was together, with the American Dream so far completed. Dad had a good job, brothers and sister all well educated. When they weren't champions in football they would be the best horse riders of town, or the fencing top of California. The Fairest felt like he was going to ruin that dream a little, unintentionally. But he didn't want to stay in Sacramento and its Freehold, way too turbulent to discover all about his Changeling condition. His family wouldn't understand. The few friends he still had wouldn't understand. And the Changelings he hardly knew... would they understand?

Not suspecting a single thing from Wyatt, everyone was watching Fox news, the daily routine of boredom. The time it lasted he tried to think of a good way to say what he wanted to say, but there wasn't any. He clears his throat.
    Four and a half pair of eyes turn his way. (Dad was still partially watching the news) 'Mum, dad… I'm going to stop studying in Sacramento.' His little sister gasped, his father choked in his coffee while mother was trying to keep smiling.
    'Why?' There wasn't an emotion audible in her voice.
    'I eh… feel like I have to move on. That is, separate myself from your care. Explore a live without luxury.' Explore a Freehold where no Queens are being abducted, without fighting Summer Sovereigns. Try to find a city without serial killers that you need to hunt down.

'NONSENSE! We paid way too much money to let you skip your last year, young boy.' Fox news was already turned off, his father had recovered from his coffee choking.
    'I will continue to study somewhere in the future, maybe in New York.'
    'NEW YO-'

And here we come to the moment where Wyatt stopped listening. Both his parents were shouting at him, his sister had shaken her head in disappointment and returned to her room. His older brother tried to add some asshole comments to make clear he agreed with his parents. However, they all stop when Wyatt rises from the couch, without a word. He leaves the room. Maybe they could have seen it coming, maybe not. He was one of the youngest, but the first that moved away.

Oh I never should have killed my fetch.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

It all starts here
    The cab just dropped him off. He dropped his own stuff in his hotel room.

Now he stands on the street, the busy streets of the nowadays Sacramento.

Mr. Valentine is back.

Alexander feels lost, really lost. It feels like an eternity ago that he saw these streets, or better said, the streets Sacramento had a hundred years ago.

He starts walking, slow and quick at the same time. He wants to walk slow to see every detail, he wants to walk slow to see the whole city as quickly as possible. The whole big modern city.

At least I've been giving some time to get used to it, back in Oakland.

The newest Lost in town desperately tries to find a place he recognizes. Perhaps the old railroad station, the City Hall? He walks and walks, nearly oblivious to all the movements around him. People walking, cars driving, sounds of a living mortal city. Lights flashing on and off, a businessman hits his shoulder probably because he prefers to watch his phone instead of the streets ahead of him.

Alec awakes from his daydream. He stands still but the businessman keeps walking. Didn't he care? Apparently. Due to his awakening the greenish man hears rumbling motors and kids screaming. Then he sees it. A place he recognizes...

a second he wonders why the house of the Sisters of Mercy now reads "Stanford-Lathrop House" then he stops wondering. His last memories of childhood flash through his mind. Everything flashes by in his thoughts.

He points at the corner where he once stood, there used to be another building next to the Leland Stanford Mansion, after moments of looking at the place where he was abducted Alec notices the people staring at him.

Damn He shakes his head and turns around, now walking in a quick pace alone. No details required. Time to unpack my stuff.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

- Sacramento, 1913
    A little boy ran through the streets, the old dirty streets of Sacramento. He was chasing his friends, other boys too young to care about anything else but playing. They started ahead of him, but the boy has always been quicker than them. You would say he couldn't wait to reach his friends and start a real game, with his wooden sword. Then when it happens that the boy was also curious like cat in the night, he gets easily distracted.

While running he saw a beautiful woman, gesturing him to come closer, and of course he did. She reminded him of his mother, so suddenly he stopped chasing Thomas. He kept his wooden sword firm in his hands, then he stepped in the alley. Something behind her moved, but he could not see what it was. He had to go closer to take a look. So he stopped chasing Abram.

'Come my child, don't be afraid.'
    Her voice is beautiful, almost chanting. So the curious but shy boy takes a look.

'I see you are running all day. Now you must be hungry.' The young boy nodded twice.

'What is your name, young man?' He doubts, while looking into her forest green eyes, but he speaks. The boy learned to be polite. 'Jesse Alexander.'

'A beautiful name you have, Jesse. Look what I have for you, the most beautiful apple in the whole wide world.' Even though her words were true, how could he accept? 'I… I may not take food from strangers.' He pouts, lightly scared, and turns around… and around. Where are the streets? He runs more quickly than his friends, he must chase them again to show it! They must be around the next corner, but then…

'but it is not for you to eat, you need to feed it to this little bird. I think I frightened her, but she might accept your help… the poor thing is wounded.' Jesse looks, a young black bird is crawling on the dirty ground. It chirps and peeps desperately. Little boys should not be able to resist this.

Jesse Alexander can't. He runs towards the little bird, just behind the woman, the little bird was in need of help. His eagerness makes the beautiful woman smile, but in a glimpse of Jesse's eyes he sees sharp teeth. She throws her robe over his head. Her forest green eyes are closed. The lights go out as if a dark cloud covered the world.

And so the little boy was captured in a world of darkness. Only to return once he has seen the light of the day again.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

By the time Alec Valentine had reached the somewhat rougher natural areas around Lake Berryessa, it looked like one of those way too sudden summer storms was about to come. But the Elemental has to take chances, it is exciting. He left Sacramento early in the morning, he knew it would take longer to travel without his own car. But about an hour ago he was dropped off at the Monticello Dam, soon he felt more than free already.

He takes a deep breath to smell the fresh air, he should have picked better day to go hiking, but he can't simply take a random day off. Mr. Valentine has a job now with a schedule to take into account.

Nevertheless, being in a forest feels good. No cars, no gasses, no skyscraper shadows. Being in a mundane forest feels especially relaxing. No thorns, no Fae, no... who knows what kind of things.

Here he can look up at the - not too hot and cloudy - sky, take a sip of water, empty his mind and... WHAM!! Experience lightning. 'Uh oh.' And not just lightning, no this is one of those locally heavy showers that occur at mountain areas of California. Quite dangerous. More more more lightning, soon the first drops fall. Sooner the Woodblood hears a woman's scream somewhere. No mortal fear but certainly panicked.

Alec looks up, trying to find out where the sound came from. He quickens his steps and hears another voice. Two bickering ladies, who might not know as good as Alec that dry sandy ground becomes tricky with a sudden rainfall. With the weather getting worse, the Woodblood places himself in harmony with the natural world around him. He is a wildwalker and those screams are getting worse. Maybe the girls are just far too close to sliding of the steep slope at the other side of the hill Alec is crossing... oh yes.

'Here, take my hand!' The girls hadn't seen him yet, but now they look up. The first blonde was trying to pull her apparently wounded friend up. They both sound desperate. 'Thank goooood!' Alec walks down a bit, maybe a bit too easy. he's surprised, but tries to let it sound as a joke to put the panicked soaking wet girls at ease. 'Nice shoes, miss. Although not ideal for hiking... if I may say?'

'I knooow, captain obvious.' She grabs his hand. 'I didn't even want to get out here. Kinda her idea. Now look who scraped herself.' Yeah, she grabbed his hand, shaking and shivering, wet and slippery. 'Ah I see.' Alec closes his eyes for a moment. That panic is delicious. He can feel all kinds of emotions, what a perfect day. Then she almost slips away and he opens his eyes again. Time to get out of here.

But I appreciate her being so scared for a moment.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-24 07:45:03 Alec rolls 5 to Wyrd + Persuasion + 1 modifier to activate Wildwalker contract (10 Again) 3, 3, 10, 8, 8, 4 3 successes

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.