Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Mystagogue Meeting (ATTN: Ruby, Nott, Jack)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Worn out and haggard, Ruby steps into the sunlight. While she waits, she takes a moment to straighten herself out.

Too much stress, too much sadness. It's going to turn her hair white before her time.

She takes a place on the sidewalk, aching for a place to sit down.

PRE

As Nótt navigates the streets of Sacramento, Jack keeps an eye out for the restaurant and for Ruby while also glancing periodically at his phone to help direct Nótt and to see how close they were.

After a short bit, he spots Ruby sitting on a bench outside.

"We're here. Ruby's over there on the bench. Couldja pull over to the side?"
    Jack asks Nótt. Jack rolls down his window after Nótt has done so, then speaks hopefully just loud enough to be heard from Ruby's position, "Hey, Ruby! Do you need a ride or anything?"

Jack then scratches his beard a bit. Hmmm, I need to trim this thing...

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby sweeps a thin strand of hair from her eyes.

"Unlock the door please?" she asks, taking a place in the back seat.

"Hello boys, I'm Ruby."

"You'll have to forgive me, I haven't had a chance to look over y'all's files yet. Which one of you is Jack?"

PRE

"Ah, right, we haven't been formally introduced," Jack says, turning around in the passenger's seat and holding out a hand. "I'm Jack. Thank you so much for helping us out with this assignment."

L
    Lankin

"Yeah, we're really flying blind here." the driver comments as he starts up the car again.

"All we've heard is that 'something weird' has been happening with the Ley Lines, but that's about it when it comes to the info or detail we have".

It takes him a moment before he remembers himself, and hastily adds "I'm Nótt by the way."

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Well, hello Jack, hello Nott. It's good to meet you both." She shakes their hands awkwardly from the back seat.

"Let's pull out and take a left up at the light," she indicates. "I want to thank you both for steppin' in like this, we've been holdin' at a standstill for too long on th' lines."

"Right up at the next light. The man we were talkin' about, Apotheosis. We're goin' to be goin' to his apartment to get whatever notes he might have had."

PRE

"It's not really that much of a problem," Jack said nonchalantly. "Both our schedules were free today, so we fig'red we'd get a start on the investigation we were just assigned."

He then gets lost in thought as an internal debate spawns upon the mention of Apotheosis.

It'll be insensitive to ask more about him right now, he thinks.

But maybe it'll provide some more insight so that we're prepared for any encryption the guy might've employed in his notes,
    Jack counters.

Well, yea, but that's not necessary right now. If it turns out the notes are encrypted, then will be the time to ask about him. Otherwise, we'll cause undue hurt bringing up memories about the recently deceased...

As the debate continues, Jack looks like he's taking in the sights even though he's just doing natural animation as though he really were talking to himself.

L
    Lankin

Navigating streets that are still unfamiliar to him, he comments "As the he says ma'am, we're just glad we can be of service. I just hope we're up to the task, as it were." a short pause as he focuses on avoiding the morning traffic before he continues "Not exactly our core competency we're dealing with here is all I'm sayin'."

As they approach the destination he finally has the guts to ask "So, what is the situation, really? Meaning no disrespect ma'am, but it all seems like so much chaos from our point of view."

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby stares out the window, distant. This Jack kid clearly is in need of some focus. Formality, Ruby can deal without, but she expected a certain level of respect for their responsibilities under the Book. Nott seems to have a bit more experience, a serious outlook. Good, they can keep each other out of trouble.

"Situation's simple. Y'all simply got a responsibility. Lines need mapping, and they need it yesterday. Cain't be about when you've got time free anymore. This business' has got to take priority. If you got to take pains to get it done, well then, hunker down. There's a lot o weight now with no one to carry it, and we're bustin' our backsides as it is."

"If we find any field notes, your job gets easy. If we cain't, well you likely have to start all over again. Just the way it is."

"Take the next exit, we're almost there."

L
    Lankin

"Gotcha". The voice of command reminded him of his time as an apprentice, and Nótt could feel himself almost instinctually preparing to obey any orders the woman might issue. 'Huh' he thought, 'I guess the old man had more of an effect than I realized'.

As they arrived and he looked around for a place to park, he privately thought 'I sure hope Jack knows how to actually do this. If not we're not making the best of impressions here'.

Out loud he said "Lady and gentlemen, it would seem that we have arrived. Thank you for driving with Hrist enterprises, please keep your limbs inside until the vehicle has come to a complete stop".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread