Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Nine to Five

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7

Perry diCarto

Perry's eyebrows raised as the two men continued discussing the Courts with full titles and openness even as the manager came back in. The lawyer made a slight motion with his head toward the office and shrugged, as if to say we're not alone.

The coffee being placed in front of him drew a genuine smile from the lawyer, who sipped it with a grateful nod. "I'll definately say that the food out of Fresh Tastes is to die for. If you want, I'd be happy to take you guys by there tomorrow. I've been meaning to grab a bite of Mrs. Rosemary's cooking for a while."

Coffee. Mrs. Rosemary's cooking. If I came within a foot of crack, I'd be addicted.

It went unsaid that there might be an opportunity to meet the chef herself.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan manged to get Perry's hint about the normal being back in earshot. Not going to be able to speak so freely anymore. And this is a little to impromptu for coming up with code phrases or terms to couch it in...Suggesting a standard for that might help with the court a little bit...or not who knows. Morgan still needed one other part of her questions answered, because she REALLY didn't want to run a route that ended up in loyalist territory. Or the turf of some...things that went bump in the night, whatever they might be. She kept her voice low enough that while the others at the table could here, the mortal would have trouble picking up what she says.

"I have a job to run...er do tomorrow that'll take up a good portion of the day. I uh, don't have a cell yet but I'll try to get stop by Fresh Tastes when I can. It was nice to know the city has other...members of OUR CLUB here. I was worried that the CLUB hadn't set up shop in town yet."

Morgan looked at the store owner quickly, seeing if he was anything else other than annoyed. He didn't seem to be paying any particular attention to his 'customers.' Morgan hoped that everyone understood what her choice of words really meant, then keeping her voice low she continued, "Are there any spots that club members shouldn't...perform? You know, neighborhoods that should be avoided or that can cause performance problems for club members?"

Perry diCarto

diCarto checked his watch. Noting the time, he realized he needed to be back at the office. His claw-like grasp on his coffee, he replied to Morgan, "I've not yet found any, but I'm fairly new. The usual spots worth avoiding, for sure: dark alleys at night; South Sacramento's a bit grungy but, whatever." Perry grinned and gave a little shrug. "But hey, pop by the bar at the Four Seasons sometime. Lots of our club's folks hang out there... if you meet a guy by the name of Rook, or a redheaded lady named Terri Nutkins, they know the city quite well."

Rising and offering the newcomers one last smile, the lawyer said, "I gotta get back to the office, folks. Pleasure seeing you, Tobias, and meeting the rest of you."

Perry diCarto leaves the scene... I wanted to close this off rather than have it just die, since it's been 8 days since the last post.

Morgan Bellanar

()Lightbulb Spent
    PRE

Morgan nods in response to Perry's remark, "Well thank you for telling me more about the club in town. I'll be sure to stop by the Four Seasons as soon as I can. Hopefully I'll see you there later at some point," and waves goodbye to Perry as he leaves.

Well, at least I know where to go and who to look for, but time was marching on through the day. While Morgan did not have any urgent business to attend to, she did turn her thoughts towards the motel she'd crashed at last night. And they were not the happiest of thoughts either. Her pay for the room would only last for another few hours, and the woman running the motel had been very explicit about how she dealt with late departures. Yeah, tossing people's stuff into the streets guarantees no return customers, hag needs to rethink her business plans.

Grumbling wouldn't change the result, though Morgan did have a little time left. She looked at the others sitting at the table,"Well, unless anyone else what's to chat about the club, I might head out shortly too."

OOC If no one is continuing this I'll have Morgan leave shortly

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan gets up and goes to the register, paying Ion for her drink, "Thank you and I hope to meet you at the club sometime." She then waves goodbye to the rest and leaves the shop.

Morgan leaves the scene.

r
    remov1

Dismas nodded, listening carefully to everyone. After taking a quick peek at a nearby clock, however, he made a surprised face. “Oh, crap. I gotta go. I almost forgot that I was supposed to be helping at the church today. Thanks for your help and advice, and I’ll certainly try to get to the 4 Seasons. See you all later.” Dismas gave a quick wave of goodbye before rushing out of the coffee shop.

Dismas leaves the scene.

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread