Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

New Friends and Old Gods (Private)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    E
    Ebon Reaper

At the appropriate time, Ricardo was in the Avalon waiting for Chris. He was wearing his usual suit, but had a duffel bag with him. It held, among other things, his current reading materials. As the Soldier waited for the Vala, he reads a book he recently checked out of the library.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Sorry for the delay!

Chris arrives just a minute after the Deputy. He is wearing a simple black blouse and pants, not too formal but still neat. He has his shoulder bag with him, in it his laptop. If the Mekhet doesn't know something, they could always find it out.

'Good evening Deputy Rodriguez.' He says as soon as he sees the Mexican Lord, and he bows for the man. 'I hope you evening has been well, so far? Since we have a lot of studying to do!'

His tone is somewhere between respectful and friendly. He was here to help Ricardo a bit, but also voluntary of course.

Keeping things low profile would be great.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

E
    Ebon Reaper

"Good evening to you Vala Wooding." He inclines his head to the other man. "I've had a good evening so far, how about you? We do indeed have a lot of studying to do." As much as the Mexican Lord wanted to jump right into talking about Aztec mythology, he was Invictus, and pleasantries and decorum must always come first.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Yes fine, thank you Deputy.' Chris also wants to jump into the Aztec mythology, and he is not Invictus. No, all he can think is...

The sooner we start, the sooner we have a good result.

He looks around Avalon a bit. 'Shall we sit down somewhere? Then you can tell me what part of that incredibly large history you wished to know more about.' And exactly how specific Supernatural it is, the Vala might not even have to start his laptop.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

E
    Ebon Reaper

"That sounds good." Being the private part of the Avalon, they probably don't have any problem finding a secluded location to sit down. Once they are situated, the Mexican Lord begins: "I am most interested in The Smoking Mirror. What have you heard about that God?" Here we go!

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'The Smoking Mirror, well that is not just one of the many, I have heard of it.' Chris smiles as he thinks about it a moment. 'The Smoking Mirror, I think he is called that way because he is the god of the nocturnal sky, and also the opposite of Quetzalcoatl.' There we have the God he knows from the Chichen Itza. A good start.

While speaking Chris takes his laptop from his bag, in case they need it later. 'His Aztec name is... Tezcat...lipoca.' The pronunciation is clearly less often used. 'He is not just a god of the night sky. He is one of the Four Gods that created the World. And the Myth goes that while joining forces with the Feathered Serpent to create Earth, Tezcatlipoca lost his foot when he used it as bait for the Earth Monster... whose name I can't recall right now. This is the reason that the Smoking Mirror is often depicted with 1 missing foot.'

'Being a rival of another important God, and the God of the night, I could see why the Smoking Mirror would be important to... your Sire? He raised several questions, didn't he? Which is why you wish to know more?' The Mekhet is cautious while asking this, but it might help when he knows why they are doing this.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-29 06:10:50 Chris rolls 7 to Int + Occult to know about Aztec Gods (10 Again) 4, 1, 1, 3, 6, 8, 6 1 success

E
    Ebon Reaper

The Mexican Lord takes a moment to let the information soak in. Chris' guess was close, but not close enough for him to actually know something. "Actually, the Smoking mirror was important to my Grandsire. I haven't told many people, but she was a member of the Circle." Let's see how comfortable he is with that before we go on.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris is not really surprised to hear that Ricardo is connected to a member of the Circle, the urge to find out more about Aztec culture had to come from somewhere.

'Ah I see.' He nods to the deputy, his eyes might show a gleam of joy. 'Can I assume you know a thing or two yourself then?'

I have to know where he wants to go to.

E
    Ebon Reaper

Well, that went over better than expected. "I might know a thing of two, but there is more than a little rumor and madness mixed in." And I'd prefer to leave it at that. We don't need to specify where that madness might possibly have come from. "Do you happen to know about the festivals or other veneration of this God?" Memories flashed through Ricardo's mind, some of which might not have actually happened.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'I have never been to a festival or rite of any Aztec God, in all honesty.' Chris has seen quite some stuff, but he is not sooo old that he has seen the whole world.

It is a good reason to stay alive, at least until I've seen the whole world.

'But often rituals are similar in many ways. Especially between Gods of whole Mesoamerica, who often wield different names but are the same...' He says it while he is thinking. For some facts he needs to dig deeper.

'But as I think of the whole Aztec Calendar, the Smoking Mirror is the God most important for the festival of Toxcatl, in May. I do know several things about this.' The question is still, what exactly does the Lord want to know. 'Since the Woven Circle, as we call the Circle in Sacramento, is open for all cultures I happen to know things of different rites. All deities are Woven into one Goddess. For each of her aspects I studied veneration of many cultures.'

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-08 09:53:21 Chris rolls 7 to Int + Occult (10 Again) 2, 10, 3, 9, 7, 1, 5, 3 2 successes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.