Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Open mic night by the Riviera

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

"Performing? Me? Oh, no, no... I don't think I would do justice to the memory of my great grand mother. She was the real artist in my family, I'm just trying to follow her footsteps..."

The answer was fast and she sounded apologethic. Velma was more than careful with her Masquerade. Especially around two domain officials.

Maybe one day Mr. McCann, I look forward for a chance... or a place, I still need to sort some things before thinking about my possible career as a songstress. The Daeva in fact felt a bit abandoned by her musical muse... and maybe it showed a bit in her.

Maybe her spark had died of old age leaving only the undead carcass of Velma to be animated by the green bile that motivated her to wake up and Danse.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

E
    Ebon Reaper

"You too." The Hispanic Ventrue says to Bianca as she leaves. The, he takes the time to check on Martha and Dillon's group. Since things seem normal, the Mexican Lord figures that he isn't needed. With that Ricardo departs.

Ricardo has left the scene.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon leans back in his chair to offer Ricardo a subtle wave as he leaves, wishing they'd gotten a chance to speak. Conflicting schedules and active investigations have kept them from giving each other more than passing, cursory salutations. Dillon makes a mental note to rectify that, soon.

Turning his chin back to the others and smile at the conversation, Dillon pretends to take another sip at the beer bottle. He swallows casually, to repeat the performance, but doesn't make a show of it.

Nodding to Velma's cover, but inwardly a bit disappointed that she isn't going to give it a go, the Gangrel's smile turns from polite and friendly to encouraging and cheery. He is a man of many smiles. Nonchalantly reaching out, he plops the fedora neatly and deftly back onto Velma's brow. "Well, we look forward to seeing - or hearing - the fruits of your efforts.

"You know, I never thought to look for myself, so I'll ask: Did your great-grandmother ever record anything in a studio? Or were any of her performances recorded professionally, and perhaps survived the ages?"

He had read things about her famous days in the years since, and seen a photograph or two, but that was all before he knew that she'd been Embraced. Of course, Dillon couldn't let it slip in public that the only time he'd seen twenties-Velma perform was in person. They are tiptoeing around the First Tradition very closely as it is, but he figures the Kindred present are wise enough to get the message.

It's cute, watching Martha watch Velma, but he doesn't point it out. Instead Dillon only shares a smaller, more private smile with the tiny Herald.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

“Humm records.” The Daeva ponders for a while.

“Yes, If I recall correctly she managed to have a couple of them recorded before her brief career met it’s premature end.” She informed.

“But the recording techniques of those times were not the best…” she shakes her head as if she felt the tragedy personally “Vinyl was a recent invention by that time… and the old phonograph cylinders weren’t designed to last long, and of course they lacked the quality of today’s means.”

“As of today even I lack any of my great grandmother’s records in my possession…”

The fire destroyed my personal collection!

“Maybe one day I happen to find one in a personal collection and will be able to acquire it?!” Yes, that would be pleasant.
    Velma Star*

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a bright smile and chirpiness, Martha adds, "Oh goodness! I shall certainly keep my eyes open for such a treasure, Miss! I should hope to find one for you!" another smile as she meekly plays with one of her twin tails again. "Hmm...well, I see many of the patrons are leaving for home...I wonder; although I have enjoyed the evening enormously, perhaps we should think about doing likewise? I would hate to be thrown out!" she giggles playfully.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

"Thank you Miss Villiers, you are too kind!"

Velma looks around to the other kindred.

"I would definitely reward anyone who could find such rarity, as it is not a single exemplar has passed through my hands... even if I'm not a collector sometimes I go to meetings and events and search for them myself."

After that she notices the other patrons who start leaving the bar.

”I believe Miss Villiers is correct. Maybe it’s time to leave.” she finally offered waiting for the other kindred to motion to leave for her to do the same.
    Velma Star*

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon shoots the tiny Herald a mischievous grin. "Well, it wouldn't be the first place we were kicked out of, would it ma'am?"

It's true. Perfectly innocent as well, but Dillon doesn't elaborate that far. The reality of the story - getting shooed out of a book sale for staying too late talking with other patrons - is not very exciting.

"Still, I suppose we should get along. The night is young, but our nights are rather busy." When no one is looking, hazel eyes sneak a wistful glance to the stage, and then back to Martha. The Gangrel's mouth twists in a brief expression of frustration. If he were breathing, he'd probably sigh.

Maybe next time...
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.