Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Bigpaw

Four and Miach were now relocated to the Pasta Bar not far from Ricardo's Gym, settling down to eat and Talk. Four in particular was looking over Miach, trying to get a handle on how the other man was feeling and if he'd be up for the discussion that the giant apostate had in mind.

OOC

Miach

PRE

Miach had dropped his bag with his gym gear as soon as they had sat. The man looked crestfallen, but not as lost as he was only minutes ago at Ricardo's gym. Taking up the menu, he barely looked at it, and ordered an osso bucco, with an extra helping of fresh tagliatelle, and a bottle of red wine. He then quickly handed it to Four, with a reminder Dinner's on me. Help yourself yo your heart's content, please.

He didn't quite look the man in the eyes though, and his gaze drifted from his bag to the wall, back to the table, then their few neighbours some tables away. He was not his usual laid back and composed self.

OOC

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four looks through the menu, and blinks at the variety. Right, Italian foods. Uh.... Well, Fettuccine Alfredo is reliably delicious. Pasta and sauce chosen, he adds a glass of water to his order and settles back to observe Miach until the Waiter leaves. "You seem kinda lost about what happened tonight, want me to help you figure it out? I'm not going to just tell you, though, so you're going to have to really think this through."

Miach

PRE

It's only when his giant friend directly mentions what happened tonight that he got the first energetic reaction from Miach.

Figure out what happened tonight ? I don't even have to think it through, I already know ! Vaeltia pouted because I healed her instead of the guy she conveited, she was pissed off and scolded me, which got on my nerves. Then I made a wron... no, a terrible choice when I scorned her instead of healing Chambitas at once... the recollection seemed to shake the Acanthus. Terrible... I shouldn't have let her cloud my judgement, I should have known better, I should have kept my head on my shoulders...

He gulped a big glass of wine.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Pouted? Alright. Let me... Let me spin a scenario for you -" Four takes a breath, forcing down his annoyance at Miach for the sake of getting him to realize why he was here now.

"You're a girl. Barely a Woman. You're hanging out with a group that is largely men, and you're about to step up to a situation you know you're going to get hurt in. Maybe it's because there's so many men, maybe because of history, or just being very cynical, but you're concerned enough to ask for someone you trust to be the one to patch you up. You get knocked out, and when you come to, you find the man you trust, and two other men kneeling over you. Accounting for being a young female, the people above you being men, your previous concerns, and waking up like that without time to register what they're doing or what state you're in, what would your reaction be?" Four's normally warm and soft brown eyes held an edge to them - If Miach couldn't come to the right conclusion, the giant would let his temper slip it's leash.

Miach

PRE

Out of respect for his friend, or fear of his bulk, or just plain tiredness, Miach didn't reply at once with what came first to his mind. Instead he kept silent while munching some pasta, and mulled over what Four had told him. That was the point of this dinner, after all, right ?

So what if she was freaked out, it didn't give her the right to lash out her tongue at me as she did ! Does she think she must be the center of everyone's attention ? Four wasn't there in the locker room to witness her behaviour, was he ?

Hum... now that he mentions it, I actually thought she was in shock there, and not very rational....

Not that I have been any more rational when I waited before healing Chambitas, honestly...

Miach winced at the recollection, and took another glass of wine. He didn't reply, waiting to regain some more composure before voicing his opinion. In the meantime, his mind was still slowly processing the message the Moros was trying to convey.

So he says... "maybe because of history"... he couldn't mean ? Did she ever...

Oh great, what kind of a super-doctor you've been, Jon... Menwel, I feel so lost without you...

The doctor still wasn't speaking, but locked his gaze with the giant, and tried to read his mind. He had the look of someone who had bitten his tongue. He breathed slowly, and finished his glass. Looking longingly at the already half-empty bottle, he shook his head, and sat more upright.

OK, sure, your... scenario... sheds another light on... those events. did he at last reply in a slur.

At least, it was an explanation to her behaviour. Now, it didn't explain his, though... The Acanthus didn't feel quite drunk enough yet to consider it. He already knew the answer after all.

How well do you actually know Vae, Four ? I hope you don't mind me asking ?

Miach had met her once quickly in Ricardo's Gym before, and really didn't know the woman. But from Four's protective behaviour, it would seem his friend was closer. Was it merely a scenario, or did he know things ? Let's not dwell yet on Miach's own behaviour, please.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four gives a satisfied nod when Miach's expression changes into one of choking on his own tongue. He was fairly certain, now, that the Acanthus would feel guilty enough that further punishment "Vae? Not well enough to say with any certainty what caused her to panic, but I can say that her reaction had a strong similarity to a few woman who'd been victimized in the way I implied that... It wouldn't surprise me, if she'd be among their number especially considering some of the estimates for unreported crimes of that sort." He gave a helpless, sad shrug.

"All I can really say is that I saw her wake into a Blind Panic before she calmed down enough to pull you two aside, but that when you Came out you were showing aggravation at... what, lack of gratitude?" Four shakes his head, but goes back to sipping his water until their food arrives.

Miach

PRE

So you don't know anything for a fact ? did the Acanthus reply in near surprise. The Moros's assessment still seemed spot on in hindsight, even though Miach's own troubles had kept him from realizing it at the time.

I agree that it seems... a very plausible explanation, now that I think about it. I'm sorry I wasn't in the proper mindset then to see it. Once again he didn't feel comfortable talking about him, so he tried to subtly shift it away.

I have to admit, the lack of gratitude was part of it, but that was not the core of it, far from it. She mostly emphasized we should have listened to her at the start of the fight. I was talking with Idun when the fight started, and I didn't hear Vae, you know. That part got on my nerves, too. No, what made me really mad was when she expressed doubts about my ability to heal her. It stung my pride badly, as it is who I am, you know. It matters to me, a lot.

It was his path in life as taught by Menwel, and something he had embraced with a passion ever since he had met her, years ago. His voice grew fiercer as he talked about this event. Then he breathed heavily.

I know, she couldn't have known... but I reacted poorly to her words. And she was obvisouly distressed, as you rightfully pointed out, so things escalated from there. with a fresh perspective from a friend, it was easier to see what had happened. What had seemed to him like her fault was definitly not so clear-cut. If he had been more cool-headed, nothing of the sort would have happened. But it had happened at a time of some stress for Miach too, and he had made a mistake when he failed to understand his patient. Somehow, he knew he would have to have another talk with Vaeltia, down the line.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four winces at Miach's description of her wording. That would have reasonably stung, and relief at that washed over the Moros that his friend hadn't been the only one to miscalculate. Miach would figure out a way to apologize to Vaeltia when the time is right. "Mistakes all around, it seems. She won't know her's until you explain it, and if she didn't mention any history on her part, I'd suggest avoiding any implication that you suspect that's what caused her distress... I don't think she'd react well, has a bit of a temper."

Miach

PRE

Miach barely refrained from laughing when Four talked about Vaeltia's temper. She has quite some temper, that's damn right ! And I agree... I will have to talk to her eventually, or try to, at least. I'll be walking on thin ice, for sure. And you're right again that it would be for the best not to mention those ideas we've spoken of.

The Acanthus took another glass of wine, and savoured it. He felt much better now that he had this talk with his friend, and he felt like he was entitled to get seriously drunk. Maybe Four would be in the same mood ? You know, I think I owe you for opening my eyes. How about I buy you a drink too ? Want some other wine than that one ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread