Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Summer Stand-Up

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Perry diCarto

Perry continued to drink as the act went on, as he often did. The lawyer wasn't usually an easy audience, but his steady trickle of vodka assisted Heath, whose jokes were decent and whose presentation was quite good. The tipsy lawyer was highly amused, laughing at various points of the show. He looked relaxed and clapped happily when the comedian had completed his act.

As Heath came out through the side door, the Fairest considered making his way over, to say how good he thought Heath was, to say how much he had enjoyed himself... but he wasn't that drunk. That was like going up to a hot guy on a night when he'd won some sports award or something. Perfectly attainable foolishly believed it was God's gift to men in that one particular setting, and Perry didn't need none of that ego. He had plenty enough on his own.

Instead, he chuckled, his eyes flicking around the room. They settled on Tobias Thorne , and the lawyer raised a hand in a small greeting.

Larry had to admit, some of the jokes did go over his head, but others that didn't touch on geek culture or the nina thing he actually understood and where actually decent jokes in their own right, couple that with his the good way he brougth them and larry had a pretty good time. Though he really should ask for an explination of the jokes he didn't get... Just like the last time it didn't take long before some of heath's jokes launched the older man into a laughing fit that would give a laughing hyena a run for his money.

" think he is pretty good, to bad I don't get whatever young people are going on about these day's."

K
    Kazakin

Rook nodded to Anya with some degree of relief. His Elemental nature made it difficult enough to have a sense of humour about anything. Steel did not naturally laugh, and chesspieces didn't tell jokes. And while he'd laughed easily before, when he'd been human, he'd lost much of the capacity.

Truth be told, it would have made him feel faintly awkward if he wasn't utterly confident in himself.

"Thank you, sweetheart,"
    he said quietly, before studying Larry. "Glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure Heath'll want the feedback."

After a time Heath reemerged from the green room and headed to the bar for another drink. He hadn't been completely sure how the audience liked his performance, but he had heard a fair amount of laughter and applause to warrant showing his face again. Hopping onto the stool he smiled to the barkeep and ordered another cocktail. He couldn't quite hear over the crowd but he wondered vaguely if Tobias Thorne was still playing or if he had decided to call it a night.

I
    Irina

Anya leant forward, chin resting on one hand in a relaxed pose as she scanned the sea of faces in the room. Most of them she did not know, but the atmosphere was pleasant all the same. The crowed were talking, laughing, enjoying themselves; and the Fairest took pleasure in people-watching.

Maybe she would need to translate modern jokes for Rook, as well as a few books here and there. It was a difficult, but enjoyable task.

"Don't all performers want feedback?"
    she asked, and a little smirk passed across her face. Rook was, after all, a performer himself.

K
    Kazakin

Rook's lips quirked into a slight, corner of the mouth smile.

"Maybe. Depends on their ego. Good feedback... everyone wants to hear that. Criticism...?"

Not the the Metalflesh would be critiquing anyone about humour. The only joke he could remember offhand right now, was...

...a man walks into a bar. He says... get me an alligator sandwich... and don't be slow about it.

Was that right?

Hm... Maybe.

"No one wants something they've poured their heart and soul out into to be insulted."

m
    magiuspendragon

OOC

Tobias noted Heaths' departure off the stage, and counted out another set. This one had a softer jazz style, a mellow sound that could easily be talked over. He smiled as he relaxed into the music, letting his mood resonate with the tune he plucked out. His own strings rose to the challenge, adding a counterpoint only he could hear.

Soft Jazz: 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-14 19:37:44 Tobias rolls 8 to Wits + Expression + Specialty + Pledge (Avant Guard) (Send off Heath) 5, 5, 7, 5, 8, 2, 6, 1 1 success

I
    Irina

"I imagine not," the Draconic agreed, and added with a little impish grin. "Fortunately, what I'm good at I don't need an audience for. I wouldn't expect any critiquing reviews."

As if the comment was truly completely innocent, with absolutely no subtext whatsoever, she let her attention drift back to the stage to listen to the music.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was less then pleased with how THIS day was going. The parkour run she just finished near the river was a "welcome newbie" prank from the locals. They GREASED the damn pipe, real funny joke that, lucky I didn't piss myself, not that I'd be able to tell. And now, Morgan had to slog down the streets in wet clothing. She walked past some club where the mortals are laughing it up inside.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-16 18:45:07 [01] Morgan rolls 5 to Spot Check for other changelings (10 Again, 1s Subtract) 1, 10, 6, 1, 2, 5 failure

Not wanting to use her money and doubting they'd let her in while soaked, she just keeps going. After all, its not like there were any Lost inside. She'd have noticed something like that.

ooc

Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread