Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Summer Stand-Up

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Laughs Unlimited is a comedy club in the historic district of Sacramento. It boasts a fully stocked expanded bar, great food, new furniture, 4 plasma televisions, outstanding state of the art sound system, and high definition AV capabilities. It's one of four comedy clubs that that provide a sacred venue for stand-up comedians to make or break their careers. New talent is always being sought after as many comics end up drying up with repetitive routines, or realizing that the pay rate is the real punchline. Even so there are many willing to pour their heart out trying to make people smile and make it big in Hollywood. Doors open at 7pm, $8 per ticket. Drink specials are Laughs on the Beach, Absolut Bull, & Seaman Shots.

Heath Moore is the star attraction of tonight's comedy performance but he's managed to line up some musicians with a split of the tickets proceeds headed by Tobias Thorne magiuspendragon , owner of Maelstrom Strings, a guitar shop that has been receiving a lot of attention in the last few months. A small sign in a card stand on stage notes Maelstrom Strings as a sponsor of tonight's performance as a form of free advertising.

The Fairest stands beside the hostess podium near the entryway, ready to greet a few particular guests that he had supplied tickets for. Irina Kazakin Jokor With any luck the word might spread and any other number of Lost might show up to see what all the fuss is about.

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias strolled up to the comedy club with his standard guitar bag over his back, and another case in his hand. He'd had to dig up a bass guitar for the show, but he found one that'd serve their purpose. He saw the fairest standing next to the door and waved his free hand. "Hey Heath, where do you want me to set up?"

K
    Kazakin

Rook headed towards the club, with considerably reluctance. Comedy wasn't something he enjoyed at the best of times - not because he lacked a sense of humour, but because being an Elemental made it difficult to remember the appropriate facial cues.

And what was funny to a chesspiece was not generally funny to other people. It was hard to explain why 'And then, the Queenside White Knight made a counter-clockwise move instead of clockwise!' held a note of hilarity.

Which he could barely express anyway.

And also, Heath's comedy wasn't... exactly the sort that Rook found amusing anyway. He was pretty sure that even before his durance, he would have groaned rather than laughed.

With that in mind, the purple dragon next to him rather owed him quite a lot.

"Well, we're here, Anya. You owe me at least a drink. A real drink. Not one with a stupid name like 'Confused Japanese Minnow Farmer', or 'Sloe Comfortable Screw against a Wall'."

I
    Irina

For her part, Anya was incredibly relaxed, but that was not saying very much. It was not often that the cool and collected Draconic betrayed much other than relaxation, unless she was purposely screwing around with someone's head just for the Hell of it.

She turned to the Metalflesh at her side, and flashed a reckless, unconcerned smile.

"I've had a 'Sloe Comfortable Screw Against a Wall' a few times before, but the other... I will try anything once," the Draconic shot back, her outward countenance suddenly incredibly innocent.

She pushed open the door to the club, sighting out Heath at the hostess stand quickly enough and Tobias beside him.

"See, we're not alone."

Heath wore his smile like he wore his skin, ever-present unless something had gone horribly wrong. So glad was he to see the guitar-smith that he clapped his hands together, one solid smack before rubbing them appreciatively. "Great to see you, Tobias. Right on the stage is fine next to the drumset. There's a couple guys in the back, usually they're jazz players but they know their stuff and they're just happy to work with a well-known local such as yourself. We've got some time if you want to grab a drink or mingle a bit feel free, or you can warm up your instrument if you feel like it. Man, I'm stoked, aren't you?" says Heath excitedly.

Of course there's nearly no way the Fairest could miss the Rook and his date as they entered the building. He waved to them with an abundance of energy, like the whole of him bobbed with elastic material.

Perry diCarto

Comedy night starring some of Sacramento's finest? No way I'd miss it.

Naturally, none of the wheesy douchebags at Perry's firm were willing to come out to comedy. Two had kids, much to diCarto's annoyance (read: he hates kid art, and whining, two things which kids routinely produce), and the other two were old and married. He was the youngest of the partners, and so he still liked to have fun.

His Keeper couldn't take that from him... yet the four headstrong, arrogant partners at PLEAD had apparently been tamed by their shrews. Never getting married. Everrrrrr --

Unconcerned, he parked the BMW Cabriolet and strolled out, clicking the locks into place with his remote as he went. He'd left the tie in the car, but his comfortable blue suit stayed on. The jacket was open, and the top button was undone for the ultimate in casual up-suitedness. He was just another guy leaving work, after all.

Arriving at the door, he purchased a ticket and took a look around to see if anybody he knew was here.

K
    Kazakin

Rook raised an eyebrow slightly as Anya spoke, and leant in, just a little. He wasn't going to end up losing at this game, like... every other time. She knew precisely how to push his buttons, and her taloned fingers on his arm were just a reminder of how easily she could do that, if she wanted to.

But he was getting a fair idea of how to push hers, too.

"Yes, I'm aware. I was there at the time," the Constable said levelly. "Unless there's something you'd like to tell me about your drinking partners?"

He let the emotion drop from his voice, falling to the stoic embrace of steel. On purpose.

m
    magiuspendragon

"Great, that sounds like a plan. I'll drop my things," he indicated the two instrument cases, "off by the stage and do some mingling." He looked over the gathering crowd, and smiled back at the minstral. "This should be a good night," he agreed, a bit of excitement in his voice. He had been focusing on his store, and hadn't performed for a while.

Larry arrived at the laughs unlimited club just a little bit later then Tobias and immediatly walked towards heath and tobias as soon as he saw both of them.
    "Heya tobias and heath. Seems like there is a good crowd coming today." The bearded wizened said with a grin on his bearded face. his gaze fell on Tobias' instrumants. "And you accepted heath's offer it seems. Good luck to ya both."

I
    Irina

Seeing Heath wave to them, Anya raised her hand in kind to make the comedian aware that they had spotted him. She took a brief moment to see who else had arrived who they might know; it appeared the turn-out might be rather good. Consider Rook and Anya were surely two of his harshest critics, if they were present, others were sure to be as well.

To Rook, the Draconic responded with a delight little laugh. It was always pleasurable to push, but occasionally it was rather nice to get a little of the same back. And she liked it when he tried to play her game.

She shrugged casually, turning into the Metalflesh in a manner entirely befitting her playful nature. "They like to watch," she winked.

Anya pulled back, waving once to Perry and commenting to Heath a quick: "Good luck on stage."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread