Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Reeve) Office Hours 12

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    C
    Conner Greyson

Conner again is in his office, now standing in front of the picture on his wall. A Map of the Domain, matted and framed immaculately.

In Conner's left hand is a pen, and the right a notepad. He seemed to be making notes as he looks over the map.

C
    Conner Greyson

bump

C
    Conner Greyson

bumping

S
    Sabeleth

It was his second visit to Avalon, so Callum McCann had a better idea of what to expect. Steeling himself against the inevitable crying of the cowardly creature he carried within, Cal entered the club and allowed himself to be led through the back and down into its hidden heart.

Tonight he wore a brilliant white shirt and grey pants, once again taking the smart but comfortable approach. In truth he didn't know all that much about @Connor Greyson aside from a few areas of potentially mutual interest. His main goal was to continue to make a good impression on the senior members of the Sacramento community. As he approached the office his beast gave its best shot at making him flee down the corridor and away from the considerably more powerful creature in the room beyond. Mentally he took a few moments to fight with it, dishing out a three-strike combo that put the evil whiny thing on its ass, although he was still left with an overwhelming sense of dread.

Having succeeded in his inner struggle Callum calmly walked up to the Reeve's office and knocked politely on the door. "Good evening, Reeve Greyson? I'm Callum McCann. If you have a few minutes available I was hoping to speak with you, but I can always come back at a more convenient time."

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner looks up from his desk, dressed in his standard dark suit with no tie. The tie that matched the suit hung on a coat rack next to the door.

The Reeve looked up as the Daeva entered the office. He sized up the man as he entered, paying attention to how he carried himself, how he stood. If he crossed his arms or if he put his hands into his pockets. If he made eye contact or looked away. "Yes Mister McCann, come in please." Conner said as he set down his pen and stood. He gestured for the newcomer to sit. "How may I help you?" Conner asked. He did not know this newcomer, but he knew what office he came from. And since he walked out of that office, rather then either Conner or a deputy having to go in there, meant that he must have not done too poorly.

Conner sits up straight in his chair and spun the pen between two fingers, his face betraying no emotions or suspicion.

S
    Sabeleth

OOC

Callum's demeanor spoke of a relaxed self-assurance, while his body language gave off the sort of signals that muggers looked for in choosing which potential targets to avoid at all costs. He made eye contact with Conner, even as his beast indicated that this was a bad idea, and that getting some fresh air would be better for his health. "Thank you." Cal gracefully took the offered seat, giving off an aura of appropriate formality.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Reeve Greyson. I just arrived in His Majesty's Domain of Sacramento, having spent the last few years in Manhatten. It's my intention to work towards being granted the right to take up a more permanent residence here, and Madam Seneschal Donovan has formally acknowledged my presence. After speaking with her and with Deputy Rodriguez, seeking you out seemed most appropriate. I have certain skills that may prove useful, and it seems we may share a common interest." He smiled politely, but would come to the discussion of combat arts a little later, assuming the Reeve had time. "Deputy Rodriguez informed me that you might be interested in a talented individual looking to work for the good of the Domain."

C
    Conner Greyson

Sorry

Conner raised an eyebrow. "Can you be more specific about those skills please?" Conner asked curious as to what the man was boasting about.

S
    Sabeleth

Callum didn't miss a beat. "Certainly. I began my training in several Southern Kung Fu styles aged ten. Hung Ga, Wing Chun, some of the Hakka family of styles, and others than don't really exist in North America. Won a few Sanshou titles back in the late 90's and early 2000's. I have broad interests in unarmed combat, and a desire to improve my weapons skills." That pretty much covered everything the Reeve might be interested in.

C
    Conner Greyson

"Interesting..." Conner paused thinking for a few moments about the newcomer.

"Tell me about yourself Mister McCann. Security experiences, Combat experience, as well as any political ties you may have?" Conner would not just hand out work to people unless he knew what they are capable of.

S
    Sabeleth

"Glad to Reeve Greyson." Callum nodded, business-like, and began on a summary of his relevant experience.

"My experience with security mainly relates to celebrity. I've been heavily involved in the East Coast rock scene for the last 10 years or so. Worked with event security, occasionally been my own security when my band was less well known." Callum had already picked up that the Reeve liked to keep things simple and straightforward.

"As for combat experience, I've been fighting for as long as I can remember. I was a kung fu instructor before I turned 18, and had a contract with the US government to train security operatives in unarmed combat. Sanshou champion in my weight class a few times in the 90's and 2000's, retired from competition to focus on training and my music career. I've been in more than my fair share of brawls, and a few nastier situations. My fighting skills are still second to none, but my weapons training needs a lot of work." He could admit that, getting back into his weapons training was a big part of his plan for the future.

"As for political ties? My parents were US diplomats to the UK and China amongst others, so I have some experience with kine politics. In kindred society I have yet to join a covenant, although Seneschal Donovan and Deputy Rodriguez made some persuasive points as to why I should consider the Invictus. They mentioned that you are the Meister of their Guild of Combat Arts, which is naturally of great interest to me."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread