Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Herald's Office Hours (5) The Herald and a Deputy meet with Jamie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low.

The atmosphere is calm. Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the scent of lavender fills the air.

Tiny Martha and strong looking Dillon sit quietly on the sensible sofa and are working hard at studying a variety of paperwork. Printed out spreadsheets and CV's with well photographed 8x10's attached and several recently published academic journals on historical matters rest on the low lying coffee table close to the sofa. Maps of Sacramento are also laid out across the sofa and table. The maps are annotated and stuck about with many busy looking Post-It notes.

Martha sits meekly and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears a long gymslip shows her legs to mid calf...her raven black hair is tied into long and neat twin tails. Each twin tail is tied with the red ribbon bow. She wears a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished Oxford pattern shoes thanks to her above the knee C-Leg. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip. A simple metal walking cane rests next to her on the sofa.

She shares a glance to The Stairs and then a smile to Dillon as they whisper together to discuss the printouts, city zonal planning regulations and their next patrol...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon more or less matches little Martha. That is to say, he's rocking the man in black ensemble. As he holds some printout in his hand, pointing to items from a list thereon, the tall Gangrel Deputy is leaned in as much as he dare. As though giving her a better angle to view the sheet. He's a bit of a scoundrel, sometimes. Martha is one of his best friends, but she's also achingly cute, and sometimes he just can't help himself.

But Dillon Connery is an officer of His Majesty's Court, and behaves himself as one. There's no reason why he can't act freely within his boundaries, at least.

The Beast stalking his psyche (pacing, really) is not cloaked like the Herald's is. It is one of cruel intensity. Hellfire. Brimstone. There is a palpable canine aspect about it, though monstrous. It snorts ash and cinder with three separate noses, growls obliquely with three distinct voices, and emanates an aura of restless hunger.

For all of Dillon's efforts to put others at ease, and be genuinely friendly, the dichotomy of his demeanor with the nature of his Beast sometimes has the opposite effect on Kindred. At least Martha seems to have gotten used to it.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

M
    Madimi

It was quiet in the vaulted court of Avalon. Even before the portal closed the mummer and music quieted. The air carried the sound of his footsteps easily down the stairs. At the entrance to the club he had almost flooded himself with the blush but decided otherwise. There had be no reason to obfuscate his nature, no one could have paid the attention necessary to notice anything amiss with the stage lights and blaring music. There were other reason to play the blushing boy tonight; first impressions were important, especially for people with long memories.

The sound of turning paper wafted up the stairs, a foreshadow of company.

Below sat an odd couple. A female out of the turn of the century, who paradoxically, seemed even younger than Jamie and an imposing male. The male’s beast responded to his, it took an effort of will to keep from challenging him like some primitive troglodyte but it cost a moment of his time and Jamie’s step faltered. The female was silent, thankfully so; but it left some question as to the nature of their relationship. He nodded to the pair, it was slow and respectful.

“Hello.”

Martha Villiers

PRE

The man's Beast announced him long before his words. Martha paused sharply in her hushed whispers with Dillon to gather her cane and grip hard at the handle. She made a small pout as she watched Jamie. gripping still harder at her cane as she assessed his attire and demeanour...her Beast resenting the impertinent interruption, tiny Martha managed to swiftly quell the Beast's malice and shift her petulance to a more sincere and friendly smile to Jamie.

Listening to the gent's accent she nodded a greeting. Peering over her scholarly spectacles in a playful manner to study Jamie more carefully, she uses her cane in a gentle manner to point to the high backed chair opposite the sofa where she and Dillon collaborated, she offers a friendly greeting in a clear English accent;

"Hello and a good evening to you, sir! I hope you are well!" she began. "My name is Martha. Miss Martha Villiers. I have the delight and honor to serve the Prince, His Grace the Duke of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento, as both his Herald and the Mistress Keeper of his Elysian Fields. This sturdy and most sensible gentleman at my side is Deputy Reeve Connery. You find yourself in one of those same Elysian Fields I mentioned and you are welcome to join us..." she smiles once more before adding, "...if you come in peace, of course!" she adds a happy and almost playful giggle, to show she has no doubt he does, indeed, come in peace.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

As the three heads of Dillon's Beast snapped to attention, sensing the challenge of an equal, the Gangrel Deputy is at the ready. He heels the creature without pause, holding its monstrosity at bay. The threatening growls are loud in his ears, but he is steadfast.

What throws him, though, is the exaggerated difference between the fellow and his Beast. While Dillon is polarized in his attitude versus the hellhound in his mind, he at least looks fairly powerful in the mundane sense as well. It's less of a shock. But this man is like a vastly diluted version of that wretched little monster from San Fransisco. It prompts a momentarily furrowed brow, and a small frown. Nothing more.

Dillon offers a nod, and a friendly, lopsided smile when Martha introduces him. Beyond that, he replaces the sheet he'd been displaying for the Herald to the stack it had come from on the table, and waits. Waits, and watches.

Nothing about the new guy suggested the slightest threat. So naturally, Dillon is on guard.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

M
    Madimi

“Thank you,” Jamie took the seat Martha indicated and gave Dillion a respectful nod, “Deputy Connery.” His eyes never met Dillion’s, but skirted close enough to not be disrespectful. His face was friendly but with a subtle twinge of pain. He looked at Martha for a second.

An anachronistic word, miss. I wonder: old or intelligent... or both.

“Jamie Bramm, Herald Villiers, scribe of the Void, if such things make sense. And I do indeed come peacefully. A guest does not offer violence upon arrival, that would be the opposite of social protocol.” Jamie kept his eyes on the younger girl. He kept a non-threatening posture, though Dillion’s beast kept him stiff. It would have been hard for Jamie to try and be imposing if wanted to.

“I believe it’s also protocol to present oneself,” he said. “I’ve heard wonderful things about your Domain; a proverbial jewel in the First Estate’s crown. And would like to petition for permission to reside in the area. I understand that you speak for His Most Graceful Duke Clarke, in his absence and are empowered to triage applicants to the Domain.” Jamie forced his line-of-sight to brush Dillion’s for a second, so to avoid an accusation of ignoring the Deputy. But the flare of his beast made Jamie grip the armrest his hand rested on, it made a low shifting sound.

He returned his gaze to Martha, which relaxed his hand, and continued.

“I willing submit to your vetting, Herald Villiers.”

Martha Villiers

PRE

Listening attentively Martha allowed her hands to go to her knees. One hand rubbed hard at her prosthetic knee joint, the other stayed still. Nodding happily as she listened. "Indeed it does mean something, sir! Quite splendid! I shall make certain you find your way to the Grand Wyrm as soon as possible!" she smiles happily and shares her smile with Dillon too, as if hoping he also me delight in whatever seems to have pleased her.

"How simply splendid! Well, sir...I am glad you are prepared to submit to my vetting procedure. I shall shortly examine your Auric Emanations. It shan't hurt in the least and once it is done you are invited to join the Deputy and I in a meeting chamber. There I shall provide you with a brief presentation of information that might be useful to you in your stay within the Domain." another happy smile and the tiny creature releases her knees from her grip and daintily adjusts her spectacles to peer over the rims in an effort to study Jamie's Auric Soul.

While studying Jamie hard Martha begins to frown. Her attempts at reading the Aura prove futile. Jamie's resistance is too strong and this causes her to worry a little. Despite his claims to coming in peace, she grows anxious and decides on an honest approach, hoping to win trust rather than command force.

"Sir...this is terribly embarrassing for me. Your defences expose my limitations. My apparently modest command of the ability to read Auric emanations is confounded. Therefore I must ask that you comply and allow me instead to study your mind...please lower any mental defences you possess. I promise I shall not harm you...this is, after all, one of the Elysian Fields!" she smiles and adjusts her spectacles back from the tip of her nose and is attentive to Jamie's reaction.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-18 13:50:48 Martha Villiers rolls 1 to Aura test Jamie (Int+Ausp+Emp - Resistance - 1 for hues -1 for again = 1) (10 Again) 7 failure

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-18 13:50:19 Martha Villiers rolls 2 to Aura test Jamie (Int+Ausp+Emp - Resistance - 1 for hues = 2) (10 Again) 6, 3 failure

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon sits quietly during the exchange, wondering what to make of this Jamie Bramm. Something about his diction, his word choice... the Gangrel Deputy is also trying to work out what particular combination of brains, age, and upbringing are at play here. Not that it really matters in the end- if the man is truly peaceful- but it is curious.

He shifts his weight, assuming a more casual pose. Throwing one foot up to rest on his knee, and leaning an elbow to the couch arm, Dillon watched the back and forth between the well-spoken man and Herald. When Martha confessed to being unable to read his Aura, he frowns just slightly. Hazel eyes cast a quick, sidelong glance to the tiny woman.

He would be seriously on edge, if it weren't for the fact that this happens every now and again.

Sometimes, Martha just has an off night, and from what Dillon has seen, her attentions have been pulled in many directions lately. It could just be that.

Don't threaten to crush every newcomer that has an awkward moment during Acknowledgement...

But Dillon can't decide if Jamie's avoidance of his gaze is simple deference, fear, or something more suspicious. He feels the Beasts stirring. Unfortunately, they are about the least reliable means vampires have for judging one another. Giving him the benefit of the doubt for now, the Deputy's tone is one of quiet reassurance. At least, as quietly reassuring as his rough, husky voice can be. "Be at ease, Mister Bramm. Those without violence will not have violence visited upon them, in this place."

Not by a Deputy, anyway. If anyone else breaks that tenant though, it will be a Deputy who makes the correction. With extreme prejudice.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha is having a bad night of it, her effort to enter Jamie's mind is again thwarted.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-20 15:35:25 Martha Villiers rolls 4 to Telepathy and Jamie (Int+Ausp+Soc' - Res+Comp - 1 for surface thoughts = 1 (10 Again, WillPower) 7, 7, 3, 7 failure

She pauses in her efforts and takes off her spectacles to rub gently her hands at her eyes. The effort to read his mind was considerable. With a sigh she retries.

Trying again caused her no end of frustration. His mind was simply impregnable.

Rubbing hard at her prosthetic knee she had to give some thought to what to do next. While pondering this she gripped harder and harder at her knee joint as she studied Jamie. Spectacles in one hand and used her other hand to rub at her knee she said nothing for quite some time.

To allow him entrance to the Elysian Field would be reasonable. But to offer Acknowledgement...? Martha decided to ensure his Oath before anything else.

"I should wish to speak with you tomorrow evening, sir...once we have spoken tonight I wish to see you tomorrow. I can offer Acknowledgement, but I first require you to swear an Oath of Fealty...Deputy Connery here will act as a Witness." returning her spectacles to the delicate end of her small nose, she offered a gentle, sweet and innocent smile while saying; "The Oath, sir: it is binding in spirit as well as letter. Through it you express loyalty to His Grace, the Alder Clarke, Duke of this Metropolitan Domain and Prince of this City. By Acknowledging his Praxis you enter into the age old contract of the Domain and Lord. I shall ask now, please: do you swear to abide by the Praxis of the Alder Prince; obey and respect his Laws and those Officers of Court he has assigned; will you seek to contribute to the welfare of the Domain whilst doing nothing to disrupt the harmony within?"

M
    Madimi

Dillion’s advice, if that’s what it had been, silenced Jamie. Only a moment later he felt a soft touch at the peripheral of his consciousness. It was a fleeting sensation and before he knew it, subsided into only the memory of itself.

Tisk tisk... a trained mind should be capable of great feats.

Martha looked frustrated for a moment before flashing another of her disarming smile. Jamie remained silent while she asked the oath of the domain. And with a glance at Dillion answered.

“I acknowledge the Duke of Sacramento Alder Clark, his praxis and his court, I so swear.” At that he held up his right hand to Martha and Dillion. “And I look forward to your company tomorrow evening as well, Herald Villiers.”

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-22 04:10:24 Jamie Bramm rolls 7 to sensing telepathy (10 Again) 9, 7, 10, 10, 2, 10, 3, 7, 1, 6 4 successes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread