Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Oh, Hamburgers! ((ATTN:Aeolus))

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Sable giggles slightly at Joshua's 'full' face, it comes out as more of a dry cackle. A look of disappointment appears on her face, its been awhile since she'd let a good giggle out, she wasn't very good at it. Still, a smile returns when he offers her more food, she unwraps the burger and downs it with speed comparable to feeding a dog table scraps. With the burger stuffed in her mouth she tilts her head sharply to the left and her eyes narrow as though she is very intensely investigating something. Her attention is caught by the lengthening shadows in the burger joint, it was getting late. Part of her loved the idea the other part said they needed to hurry on down the street to the possible meeting. Her head snaps back upright and her distracted eyes wander their way back to Joshua. She swallows the big chunk of her burger she was working on before speaking this time. "We should get going." She slides down out of her chair and pushes it back in as she was taught by her dad so many years ago that she hardly remembers his face, though the one on her Mask hadn't changed a bit since the last time they were together.

Joshua actually didn't notice Sable after he talked - he was busy trying to get that angle again, to feel the wind just the right way again. It reminded him of.. what did it remind him of? An endless meadow shaken by a storm was all he could associate with the feeling right now. But it was no natural storm.. he shuddered again as he found the spot, but only part of it was enjoyment now; the other part was that distinct feeling of dread, but he couldn't quite put his finger on the 'why'. Had it something to do with his time there? His memory still was awfully undetailed (at least while he was awake), but it came back, he almost remembered-

"We should get going."

And it was gone again. He looked at Sable as if she had just caught him doing something naughty and nodded. "Yeah, you're right let's see if we can get some answers." He looked again at the AC before he got up, but before he left the place with Sable he put their tray into one of those.. trayholders. No need for any underpaid employees to do that.

Sable, full of cheeseburger, takes the lead feeling very much like head detective. She remembered the address she read on the flier and begins to walk down in the street in the direction of the correct building number, eyes ever scanning the signs outside businesses expecting to soon see one with something about the dream therapist on it.

Joshua followed Sable mostly silent; he didn't know where to go and was still a bit confused by his thoughts and feelings earlier. He just hoped that they found the answers they were looking for soon.

After they've walked for a while without really getting anything Joshua opened his mouth to say something (Are you sure you know the way?), but he didn't want to risk blowing away the little confidence Sable gained. Thinking about something else to say he awkwardly walked a few steps with his mouth standing open. "Uh so.. did you find yourself a place to live yet?" Oh shit, that sounded condescending; "I mean, I'll be looking for an apartment for myself soon and maybe we could share one or something." he quickly added. Great, now it seems as if I wanted to date her big time.. He wanted to clear that one out, but decided to keep quiet; he somewhat realized that everything he said would ride him in deeper.

Sable knew the way, the two of them stop next to a sign that has an address matching the one on the flier in bold white numbers. She's confused by Joshua's questioning and it shows in her odd blank eyes. "I don't have anything to pay you..." She ponders more, did he want to live upstairs? Must be an Elemental thing.

Joshua didn't know how, but he knew that Sable could be helped with her money problem.. somehow. He remembered the Pledge he had with Kyle, about him teaching Joshua about being a Changeling - they both benefited from it, and Joshua was pretty positive that he could do something similar.
    He looked at the building and pondered for a bit - did they have time for that kind of thing? The building seemed to be the right one, but there was nothing going on at the moment, so he took a deep breath and started speaking.

"You know, if you promise me to pay the apartment's rent with me and help me out when I need it I could arrange you some money. Don't get me wrong", he quickly added "I will do the same. I mean, help you out and pay. And I will work extra hard in the coffee shop and for that I'll be a bit better with customers. If one of us betrays the other that stuff will be gone, of course, but I'm fairly positive that this won't happen.." He meekly smiled at Sable, hoping she was able to follow him and finished the deal. "We could try this for a season and if it worked we could prolong it.. what do you say?" He felt the words grow.. powerfull with each added phrase and all that power just waited for Sable to agree.

Pledge

Sable tilted her little head at Joshua as he spoke and when she realized the binding nature of the words he was saying her strange white eyes seemed to fill with liquid. Someone is forming a pledge with me...? The little changeling holds out her grimy hand to him so they can shake on the deal. "I say yes," she replies, her already croaky voice sounding a little choked up.

Joshua was too busy holding the words together to really notice Sable's reaction (which was probably a good thing - he would've misinterpreted it and worried again). He just smiled a bit absent-mindedly and took Sable's hand, apparently without noticing or minding the grime. "Then it's a deal."

Then something snapped and for a moment the heartbeat of the two speeded up, pumping blood through their veins at the same frequency. They were connected by the Wyrd now.

After this brief moment - it certainly felt longer - Joshua snapped back out of his concentration, still smiling, still holding Sable's hand. There was a moment of silence before he spoke again. "So I guess we'll be looking for an apartment soon. And then we'll have 7 kids and live happily ever after." His smile broadened and it took no empath to know he was joking. "But first.." He didn't need to speak further - they were here with a purpose other than 'looking for a place to live'.

There are several people out in this suburb tonight. People walking dogs, babies in strollers, people jogging in shorts too small for them...they even pass one oddball in camoflauge, but instead of military patches, it states Neighborhood Watchdog- Takin' a Bite Out of Crime. He looks over both of you with a rather stern expression, but says nothing until you pass him by, at which time you hear him mutter something under his breath about "Damn teenagers."

After some time, Joshua and Sable arrive at the address for Miss Lawney. It's a nice house, which you'd expect from someone charging so much. There's no lights on; no porch light, no lights through the window, nothing.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread