Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Oh, Hamburgers! ((ATTN:Aeolus))

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

The bus that Sable and Joshua took from the hospital arrive on the street designated on the flier after several stops all over town. The two of them walk down to a Burger King near by to talk about their plan and do some phone book research before going to the dream therapist's meeting place.

Sable asks the people at Burger King for a phone book while Joshua gets them some hamburgers and she takes the book to a table to wait for him. She flips through the residential section of the book, looking for the address of the therapist on the flier. If trying to get into this meeting without money didn't work out, they needed a plan B.

Joshua approaches the table with a frown - the big tray they always give you made the three measly burgers look even smaller. Oh well, I guess noone expected a big diner, anyway..
    He sat across Sable and put the tray on the table without hindering Sable's view on the phonebook. "Here, help yourself - did you find him?" He took a burger himself and took a bite after he had removed the wrapping.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

Sable does indeed find information in the Phone Book. There flyer talks about a Dr. Sybill T. Lawney, and there is thankfully only one entry in the phone book...

...Unless she's unlisted and this is someone else.

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Sable sternly states, "she," correcting Joshua's mistake teasingly as she flips through the page of the phone book. She freeze's her finger pointed down at a name. No way... She thinks, a smirk growing on her face. Detective Reinard you've done some fine work! She didn't use that part of her name anymore but she thought it sounded right like that.

Snatching up a burger she tosses the wrapper aside and takes a huge bite then talks while she chews it up, "look here, there's only one person under that name.. Whaddya think the chances of that are?"

Joshua grinned slightly because of Sable's tease - it seemed as if she opened up a bit - and this smile widened noticeably when Sable showed him her result: as if the bank of clouds around his mouth broke open, showing the blue sky (and a glimpse of sunlight) behind it. "I think fate's on our side; great job, Sable." He nodded and took another bite off his burger. Somehow the thought about them - the two poor underdogs working on a job on their own - even made him chuckle. "Do you know the address? How far away is it?"

Sable pondered this question for a time, finishing off most of her burger before answering, "not too far I don't think..." Then again she hardly ever traveled on the surface, things seemed much more indirect to her up here, but most of the lines below were based on streets above. "We should go to that meeting place first though. Even if we don't get to meet the doc we might find a clue about that girl we saw." The last bite of her burger results in a glob of ketchup falling on Sable's shirt right above a faded logo for some youth program, she must have been given it at a shelter. She wipes the ketchup off the dirty shirt with her finger and licks it up, all the while smiling, things seldom made her happier than food could. "Thanks for the burger," she mumbles trough smacking lips.

Beyond her out the window the burning light of the sun is dimming, its just the right time for people to be getting off work and heading home for the day... Or to a group meeting, hopefully. In any case she's sure someone will be there to talk to people interested in their services. Had they really spent all day in that hospital, or was the bus that slow? Sable's concept of time was always slightly skewed but now she was looking forward to the darkness of night.

Joshua finished his and looked at the third one for a moment. He blew up his cheeks und rolled his eyes, which made him look like a children book's illustration of the wind. "Ugh, I'm stuffed for now; you wanna have that one or should we take it with us?" He agreed with Sable that they should probably go there before thinking about a plan, but if she decided to have the last burger right here that wouldn't be a problem - judging by the time she needed to finish the last one they wouldn't be here much longer either way.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Joshua needs to roll Wits + Composure - 3

Roll

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Joshua shivers as a blast of air from the AC hits him at the right angle.

It feels good.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread