Alone and quiet, tiny Martha limped to the door of the Harpy's Chamber in the Avalon and clutched her cane tightly. She knocked to alert Alice to her presence. Taking a moment to adjust her straw boater hat and twin tails. Martha had a mission and official business to accomplish.

For tonight Martha has dressed in her usual neat school uniform. Her black blazer is carefully worn. A pair of spectacles perch at the end of her nose. A white cotton blouse is in evidence. A neat red necktie. The usual gymslip, kneesocks and C-Leg. The kneesock on her C-Leg had rolled to her ankle joint, though she seems not to have noticed. Her long hair is now a deep raven black and may even seem longer than usual...and is tied neatly and sweetly into twin tails, fastened with large red silk ribbon bows. Her shoes are a small pair of black Oxford shoes.

There was no smile as she waited for a reply.

'Yes? Please come in.' The Harpy looks up from her MacBook to see who would be there. She wears a black woman's suit, its simplicity only emphases her jewelry. Large golden rings as bracelets and earrings, visible because her hair is loosely tied in a knot. She was reading the online Sacramento Bee.

I should of course stay up to date on mortal matters as well as seeing what concerns the Seneschal.

The moment Martha enters the office a smile appears on Alice's face. 'Ah Herald Villiers, how may I help you?'

Martha nodded and offered a small smile as she limped into the chamber. "Thank you! Good evening, Madam Harpy! I do hope you are well." she smiled again and took a moment to study Alice's legs and shoes before looking to Alice more steadily. "I shan't keep you but a moment, if I may. I wish to discuss a matter which crosses both our areas of authority, activity and operation. It is a matter in which I hoped we might co-operate and agree a course of action." a steady smile, but now more business like. Martha leans on her cane and watches Alice carefully.

'Even if I was not right, I would be upon seeing you Herald Villiers, please take a seat.' Alice smiles and listens to Martha. It sounds like the woman did not come here just to socialize, this is about Domain business. That makes it all the more interesting for the Harpy to pay attention.

'I would almost say yes already to your cooperation, but please, alert me with your plans.'

Nodding her thanks to Alice, Martha hobble carefully closer and took the offered seat. "Thank you!" she adds as she sits and adjusts herself and cane. Settling for a moment before taking from her satchel a scroll. Carefully handing it to Alice, peering to Alice over the rims of her spectacles as she speaks; "As you will see, we have a grave proclamation to make, Madam Harpy."

If Alice reads the scroll, it shall be thus:-

Proclamation made by the Herald of the Domain of Sacramento

Be It Known To All and Singular,

June 15, 2012. Sacramento, California.

At the High Executive Court of Justice for the trying and judging of Mr Heathcliff Staley, of Clan Nosferatu and formerly Bishop of the Sanctified of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento, July 1. Anno Domini 2012.

Whereas Heathcliff Staley, Unaligned of Clan Nosferatu, is, and standeth convicted, attained, and condemned of high treason and other high crimes; and sentence is pronounced against him by this Court, to be put to death by the severing of his head from his body; of which sentence, execution yet remaineth to be done; these are therefore to Will and Require you to see the said sentence executed in the Court of the Execution, within the precincts of the Old Railway Yard, upon the eventide of the First Day of the forthcoming month of July, between the hours of seven in the evening and five in the morning of the same day, with full effect.

And for so doing this shall be your sufficient warrant. And these are to require all Officers and Others, the good Kindred of this Domain of Sacramento, to be assisting unto you in this service.

To Her Grace Alder Twist, Duchess of Sacramento, Royal Archon, Judex, Priscus of Clan Daeva

Given under our hands and seals.

His Grace, Alder Clarke, Duke of Sacramento, Prince of this Metropolitan Domain

Madam Speaker Ariana Donovan, Seneschal of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento, Regent of the Tenurial Domain of Florin of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento, Priscus of Lords

Miss Martha Villiers Bt, MA (Oxon), Herald of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento, Mistress Keeper of the Elysia of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento

Meister Conner Greyson, Reeve of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento, Regent of the Tenurial Domain of Florin, Priscus of Shadows

At the words 'grave proclamation' Alice arches her eyebrows, what is all this fuss about? She quickly scans the scroll and her lips curl up in a smile, she then starts reading the proclamation more intensively.

'Oh grave indeed,' is her first reaction as a short chuckle escapes her mouth, 'but truly justified. From what I have heard, the man broke at least two of our traditiona, on top of that he seriously insulted Alder Archon Twist.'

'Who will be carrying out the sentence, if I may ask?' The Harpy appears not to be shocked at all. 'And do I need to sign here as well?'

Two questions before she comes to the point to ask where she is needed besides making the announcement, if that is the case.

Listening and watching carefully, Martha is slightly surprised to see Alice smile with such obvious satisfaction at the sentence. Remaining calm, Martha leans carefully to point with a delicate finger at the first mention of Twist. "As you will see there, Madam Harpy: the Royal Archon is appointed to be the executioner of this warrant. Naturally, you are very welcome to become a signatory." another gentle nod of the head. "I felt you and I should work together to make this warrant known. Perhaps we may each post a copy in the Elysian Fields? The Bailiff may help too, of course. Yet I felt it proper to seek your aid in this matter too. As Harpy your role and mine overlap thereby. I hope my thoughts are not flawed in these matters, Madam Harpy!" a happier smile now. Martha seems pleased and delighted at this unity in some subtle way.

The Harpy nods and takes an expensive looking pen from her desk. With it she writes her own full signature under the proclamation, the same style as the Officials before her had done already.

Madam Librettist Alice Brown, Harpy of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento, Whip of Succubi.

Then she looks at Martha. 'I believe it is wise to agree with what you feel, Herald Villiers. Our duties indeed overlap. As the Herald you would make such a proclamation known, but I as Harpy normally spread announcements. How do we plan to do this?' There is a short pause before she continues, 'I could announce the proclamation, as I do normally, where above your name is still written.'

With a nod, Martha tries a shy smile. "Indeed! I shall speak with the Bailiff. I am certain we can share the work of distributing and posting the warrant. I shall also meet with the Royal Archon to deliver the Warrant to her for her execution." a more solemn nod now as she takes a moment to study the signatures.

'Good, good.' The Harpy nods with a smile, there is always something she can think about that she likes, which is why she can always smile. 'Please bring her Grace Alder Twist my greetings, the moments I can speak with her are rare, I'm afraid.'

'Now is there anything else we should discuss?' Alice sounds patient while she folds her hands, she just asks it because she is curious.

Content that the main business of the meeting was done, Martha seemed eager to turn to happier topics and nods. Playing with one of her twin tails she replies, "Ah. Well...what news of our plans for the talent contest at the Ember? Is that something we might discuss at a later opportunity?"

Two times blinking is all it takes for the social predator to suddenly jump to another topic. 'Yes I think we should indeed still do that. With several nights behind us we know the city is interested in our evenings.' Alice chuckles while thinking about this cheerful fact. 'How about we discuss that the next time we see each other at Club Ember, Herald Villiers?'