Ended
Watch

A Heads up

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S
    Spartan

Spartan makes his way, stumbles is more like it, back toward the hedge gate he knows will take him to Old One Eye. Old Scratch, his Tolltaker handler. Spartan feels like shit to be perfectly honest. He knows he shouldn't have left that fucking suite. But he couldn't sit there anymore. He couldn't watch his people lay there bleeding and dying.

Spartan knows his people were in good hands. He knows that violence was part of there lives, but that doesn't change the fact that he feels responsible for them. And responsible for what happened to them.

Spartan passes through the gate and walks along the familiar path. "SCRATCH!" Spartan yells dragging the bag behind him.

"SCRATCH!..."

The stout Cyclopean comes out of his stall as he hears the hoplite yelling. "What in the name of..." says the Knight Banneret, letting his words trail off as he sees the Summer King approach. "Come on, let's talk inside." The one-eyed Ogre motions for the Bloodbrute to come inside the stall, walking back in himself.

S
    Spartan

"Good idea..." Spartan says and makes his way inside the stall, the bag now slung over his shoulder.

Once inside he tosses the bag on the floor, there is a wet thud as the bag hits. "Drink?"

"You look like shit," says Old Scratch to the hoplite, walking over to a wooden cabinet and pulling out a bottle of some sort. "Here." The short Cyclopean hands the bottle over to Spartan, which is clearly Whisky of some sort.

The Ogre's one good eye glances over to the bag on the ground. "So, I take it you were successful," he says in a nonchalant tone, fairly certain that he has an idea of what's inside the bag.

S
    Spartan

"Look the way I feel." Spartan opens the duffle and pulls out the garbage bag. "The head of a traitor mostly in tact." Spartan says bites the cork and pulls it out of the bottle. With the cork free he spits it and takes a long drink off of the bottle.

"So... what now." Spartan sits down and leans against the back of the chair. "I'm assuming you have more work for me." Spartan asked.

Old Scratch nods at Spartan and takes the bag from him. He checks the contents of the bag for a moment, and then tosses it aside. "Good, our client will be pleased," says the one-eyed Ogre with a devilish grin before walking over to the corner of the stall and picking up a small brown sack.

"Here's your share of the payment," says the short Cyclopean as he hands the Summer King the sack. "The bonus is in there too." Old Scratch pauses for a moment before answering the Bloodbrute's question.

"Nothing at the moment," he says in response. "But I hear that our services may be needed in the near future. Rumor has it that there's someone around these areas that has been pissing off the wrong people, but that's all I know for now." with those words, he looks at Spartan with his one good eye and then shrugs.

OOC: Contents of the bag

S
    Spartan

"I'm going after Fairweather..." Spartan says with a matter of fact tone that says he will not be swayed. "I hope for the support of the Knighthood, but I will be taking him down with or without it." Spartan stretches a bit and puts pressure on one of his wounds.

Old Scratch raises an eyebrow at Spartan's words. "Well now, don't go biting more than you can chew on your own," he says to the hoplite, his tone carrying a certain seriousness to it. "There's a lot of talk about this Fairweather fella; his got enemies but plenty of friends too."

When the Summer King mentions recruiting the help of the Tolltakers, the short Cyclopean scratches his beard for a moment before answering. "You know that's asking for a lot," he says to the larger Ogre. "The Knighthood will stand together against common threats, and based on what I've heard, this Fairweather guy is a problem for all of us." The one-eyed Ogre pauses for a moment, locking his one good eye with Spartan's.

"That said, the guys will be expecting some sort of payment," says Old Scratch as an afterthought. "You are a Knight, but this goes beyond helping a brother. This Fairweather is a threat to your Freehold, so questions will be asked if there is no bounty to claim."

S
    Spartan

"Fairweather is a True Fae, I would not expect the brotherhood to go against him for free. What would the brotherhood require to secure its assistance." Spartan asked before taking another drink off the bottle.

"Well, I'm the one that decides if we take a contract or not," says Old Scratch to the Bloodbrute. "It suffices to say that this is much bigger than anything the guys have handled before. We'll be risking our lives for sure, but we will gladly do so for the right price." Such is the way of a mercenary after all.

"I tell you what; being that you are a Tolltaker yourself and that I like you, I'm willing to hear any offers you may have," says the one-eyed Ogre to Spartan. "If you wanna talk it over with your people and come back to me with an answer at a later point, feel free to do so."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.