Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris once spoke about 'keeping the area safe', and for all those cool folks who became popular by walking rounds, the Vala has been making them through Valencia ever since he got tenancy there. For him the Domain feels a bit like a Crone Domain thanks to the Temple, thanks to the previous Regent, Jayant Nagaraj. But not everyone knew him as an Acolyte. He has his Haven here, he has the Temple, checking the safety seems like a logic thing to do.

As usual he wears his "hunting clothes", old stuff, gloves, and a bit loose so he could keep his katana on his back. Of course, properly hidden by the basic power of Obfuscate.*

Tonight @James Calloway walks with him, both with a quick pace. As long as there is nothing special to be seen they can walk further. About 15 minutes ago they left from the temple.

'I must admit, I hadn't expected you to join the Circle so quickly. I mean, I know you were thinking about it. But still... you're awesome, haha!'

*...aaaand it's gone
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-03 14:43:00 Chris rolls 4 to touch of shadow 6 -2 (Size) (10 Again) 6, 10, 5, 3, 5 1 success
    Chris
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Jim matched Chris's pace and strode along with him as they left the Temple of the Woven Circle. Wearing his blue jeans and a black leather jacket, James looked fit and mobile. Tucked within it was his weapon; right where he wanted it to be, just in case it was needed. His Beast screamed its fury to the world around it, his natural strength augmented by his family's Gifts of the Beast.

He might've thought about going on this particular patrol disguised as a dog, walking alongside Chris and taking advantage of the mighty snuffing power of his wolfly schnozz. But there were benefits to chatting; it helped the time pass faster.

Jim grinned at Chris's remark, facing forward as they walked. "I do what I can..." he chuckled. "And I just needed the right circumstances to make it all happen. That meeting happened to be it."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Yeah cool.' Chris nods while looking to his left, into an alley. He know the good places to feed here. But alley's don't make good places in such a relatively new neighborhood as Valencia is.

'We could really use some more folks that show their faces around town. I mean, I think I've hardly ever met the boss besides at the church. We should try to let more people know us, become a bit popular or something.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Jim moved with Chris, his eyes scanning to cover their backs as Chris focused on the alleys. He smirked at Chris's remark and joked, "Are we not popular? But I've worked so hard!" He snickered.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Yes you work hard now, but you were only one of the lost souls that yet needs to be saved!' Chris theatrically raises one hand in the air, as if shortly preaching.

'In my opinion, everyone should be part of a club. And eventually everyone ends up somewhere, it is up to us to convince them to join us. But that is hard while being a religious group, so many are atheist nowadays.'

A look to the left, a look to his right.

'Seeing is believing... although I cannot quite be a walking box of tricks.'

Jim stroked his stubble, checking their six. "For sure. But at the same time, preaching never ends well. Best to leave that to other clubs, know what I mean?" He flashed his coteriemate a grin before continuing. "You know what I respect? The way you were my friend, didn't care what club I was a part of, and just sort of showed me why our club was the right club... but let me come to the decision in my own time, you know what I mean?"

His message was plain. Patience bred loyalty. Their coterie, and his entrance to their Covenant, was evidence of that.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Yeah I see what you mean, but, we can't be close friends with everyone. I am not a fan of preaching, yet two billion Christians didn't come out of nowhere either.' The young Vala pouts playfully to his friend, appearing to be very very sad.

'I tried it several times, but most people leave the City too soon anyway. Maybe the open days at the church open some eyes of those belonging to no club yet. I hoped our newest members would have some ideas.' In a teasing tone he pretends not to be talking about Jim at all. 'You know, just like a company gives the newest generation of employees some influence.'

The Taifa chuckled. "I think you mistake my meaning, mate." He peered over at his friend, hoping to make it more clear. "A club like ours, the bonds between us, that is what makes loyalty so strong. So while we cannot be best friends with everyone, focusing in on a couple of good people and starting there... that may take us from four to six. And then from six to eight. Et cetera, et cetera. Quality beats quantity, every time."

He shrugged, hoping the Vala understood his meaning. The Circle did not need to be large to matter, especially with the forces at their command that James knew Chris had access to. In time, they could all get there.

"That being said, inviting individuals to see our library once it's done and learn more about what we're about... never hurts."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

While scratching the back of his head Chris replies, 'Yeah yeah, the domino theory on a smaller scale. Win the hearts of the people one at the time. Sounds cool, of course a personal approach always works better.'

It is what Chris was doing with Bobby Lime, or at least planned to... if he had only heard of his fellow Mekhet lately.

'Never? We should still be cautious. If it gets bigger, we can indeed have people come and see it, but we will always be there, and only when we actually use the knowledge there. Later on, we have to do something about security as well.'

Jim nodded to the Vala as the young Mekhet caught his point. Then Chris made a point of his own, and the Taifa smiled. "You got any tricks up your sleeve that would improve security?"

Goddess only knew the occult power that Chris Wooding had access to. I will need to begin to study this terrible power under him as soon as possible.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread