Watch

Toren's Sanctum: A Dinner

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma noticed Toren's reluctance as he listened to his words with some amusement, a smirk forming on the corner of his lips. "Hmm, I see where you are trying to go with this," he said to the Moros, considering a few ideas in his head.

"How about we go with something like 'Keepers of Mimir's Well' instead? It keeps the reference to Norse mythology, while giving it a better ring to it. Also, it basically implies that we are the ones looking out for the knowledge and wisdom contained within the well, which is in fact what the Alae Draconis does after all..." the Warlock let his words trail off, choosing to stop talking for the time being and observe what sort of reactions he gets from the others.

k
    kimura

"The Keepers of Mimir's Well... hmmm" she toyed with her hair as if ploting what she might make for dinner some night before grinning brightly

"Hai! I like that" she beamed happily as she looked at Toren with an almost kittenish conspiratorial grin Come ooooooooooon you know you wanna"

Looking between the three she nodded her head as if agreeing with a question

"Well if you three want that name I'll agree on it. I don't mind either name anyway." The oldest of the group responds in a level voice. "Now, if we have the name and meaning how we want them. What about the symbolism for each of us then?" he steers the conversation to the next topic.
    Giant
    WP 5/5
    Health: [][][][][][][][][][]
    mana: 5/5

"Hmm? The symbolism? Like elements or mystic qualities or something?" Toren asks as he ponders the possibilities. "Well let us look at the variables in this legend. There is the water, the Mímisbrunnr, there is the vessel, Yggdrasil, and then there's Odin and Mimir. So that's four symbols we could take. Breaking that down further I'm assuming this Mimir was a frost giant, right? So he stands for elements of death or the void perhaps. Odin would be more of a higher thought or being, a leadership role. Mímisbrunnr would represent deep knowledge of course and hidden qualities. And Yggdrasil would represent the world, or life energies maybe." His hands move about gesturing indistinctly as he describes this. "So maybe as a Moros I'd be Mimir, Aenigma would be Odin, Grim could be Mímisbrunnr, and Kiko could be Yggdrasil. Although, Kiko, you said that Aenigma also possessed qualities of his path that might be better suited for Mimir? I don't know, Aenigma what would you say?"

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma listened to Grim's question, and the answer given by Toren. He considered what was said before replying to the Moros. "If we want to stick with the story for the Cabal's overall theme, we could use those as symbols. However, if we wished to invite others to join us in the future, we would have to revise the theme to incorporate any who join us," said the Warlock in response to the question. "Then again, we could just use Norse mythology as a theme without focusing on that one story."

The Warlock paused for a moment, looking around the table. "The other thing we should discuss are Cabal roles," he said to the group as a whole. "After all, what symbols we pick will probably be directly tied into those." Aenigma smiled at them, taking another sip of wine before continuing. "Traditionally, Cabals have five roles that are filled by its members. The titles associated with them are Farseeker, Doorwarden, Hearthmaster, Lorekeeper and Edgetender. Since there's only four of us, we'll probably have to all do double duty to fill the gap," he said as he looked at each of them respectively.

"If you guys aren't too familiar with them, I can go into more detail if you like," said the Mastigos, offering a friendly smile to his fellow Mystagogues.

k
    kimura

Her gaze went to each of her Brothers, yes they were her Brother's now and that made the young woman feel incredibly safe, in a way she could not even find the words to express as she thought to herself

I have a family again... I have people to protect... My Soul is pleased beyond measure...

Turning to Aenigma as he spoke "Please do, as it has been a long while since I have been apart of a Cabal. To long honestly"

"Heh heh, yeah, I guess you're right again, Aenigma," laughs Toren in mild embarrassment. "Ah yes, please do go over those roles if you would. I myself have never been in any previous Cabal," says Toren with interest. He wondered if the titles themselves were clues to their purpose. If that were so he suspected Hearthmaster would be something he'd enjoy.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma offered both of them a smile as he nodded. Taking Grimoire's silence as his seal of approval, the Warlock took another sip of wine before he began his explanation of each role.

"Very well, let's begin with the Farseeker then. Also referred to as Scrounger or the Hand, the Farseeker is the one within the Cabal that is tasked with tending to the Cabal's physical needs and resources," he said to the trio around the table. "The Doorwarden in the other hand, is pretty self-explanatory. Also known as the Bouncer or the Fist, is the one tasked with matters of security. The individual that holds such a title deals with external threats and any internal conflicts that may arise as well." Aenigma paused for a moment, allowing for the information to sink in.

"Next is the Hearthmaster, and I'm sure you can at least guess what that role entails," he said, a smirk forming on the corner of his lips as he shot Toren a quick look. "The Guide or the Heart are other names that are commonly used for it. A Hearthmaster looks after a Cabal's Sanctum, and the daily activities within it." The Mystagogue took another pause, sipping on his wine once more.

"Then we have the Lorekeeper, also known as the Scribe or the Head. They are the ones in charge of the upkeep of a Cabal's library, and are also of making sure everyone is adhering to the Cabal's protocols," said the Warlock as he set down his now empty glass. "They are record-keepers of sorts, since they are also tasked with recording the Cabal's history." Aenigma paused once more, making sure that they were following what he was saying.

"And last, but not least, there's the Edgetender," he said after the brief pause. "The Hexer or the Eye, the one in charge of tending to the mystical landscape the Cabal occupies. They work with ley lines, Hollows and that sort of thing." With those words, he gave them all another smile.

"So there you have it, the five traditional roles of a Cabal," said the Mystagogue, meeting the eyes of each respectively. "In my opinion, Toren is the best fit for the role of Hearthmaster, considering this is his home and he cooked us this awesome meal." He flashed the Moros a quick grin before turning his attention back to the group as a whole.

"I'm interested in the role of the Lorekeeper myself," said the Mastigos, even though they may have already guessed that he would voice his interest in such a position. "How about the rest of you?"

"I have to concur on that point with you aenigma." The obrimos said in response.

"As for me, I'm intrested in both the doorwarden role and the edgetender." it was a bit strange that a rather average man like him with not really many physical training wanted to become the defender of the cabal. Then again he was an obrimos "In both cases my wide range of arcana is a helpful tool. Especially my knowledge of prime in relation to the hollow's and ley lines"
    Giant
    WP 5/5
    Health: [][][][][][][][][][]
    mana: 5/5

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

The Warlock nodded at Grimoire's words, considering the Obrimos' interest in those two roles. "Personally, I was thinking that we could all share the Doorwarden duties," he said in a casual tone as he looked around the table. "We are not warriors like the Adamantine Arrow, but if we work together, I'm sure we can keep this Sanctum and the Cabal safe from threats." He gave them all a pleasant smile as he finished saying those words.

"How about you Kiko-chan? Is there a certain role you have an interest in?" asked Aenigma, shifting his attention to the Thyrsus.

kimura

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread