Ended
Watch

Toren's Sanctum: A Dinner

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    k
    kimura

"I have my own Sanctum but yes I do agree with Aenigma. Plus, while I do not yet study the weave of Fate, something tells me we were pulled together for a reason." taking a sip of her water she focused her thoughts before speaking again.

"I was curious though as to what we would name our humble group? I mean should it not be a name that invoked who we are? What we love?"

"Erhrm," coughed Toren into his fist to clear his throat. He reached for something in the inside pocket of his jacket, a slip of paper that he unfolded. He looked a little embarrassed as he did so. "Well, I'm very glad you asked that, Kiko. I sort of hoped that you would both accept the offer so I took the liberty of brainstorming some suggestions for the name that would represent our party."

He cleared his throat again and read off his list of suggestions:
    "Pillars of Reason! Cause you see, there's four of us and a good strong foundation needs four corners of support. And well we're all very knowledgeable I'd say so it stands to reason that we're good at reasoning, makes it seem more meaningful."

"Anyways, my second idea is Wardens of the Classic Order! I was thinking, since we're all of separate paths, there's a bit of symbolism there. The realm of Stygia is paved in Lead, but your paths too are laden with their own materials, right? Iron, Gold, & Stone. Well I was thinking that the Classic Orders of architecture are much like these. The Doric style is rather simple much like how Iron is commonly found. Lead is a balanced material like the Ionic style and is used to balance many chemical formulas. Gold is often used as an ornament much like the Corinthian style, and stone is of course a mixture of granular materials as is the Composite style. We could even combine the two ideas, maybe the Pillars of the Classic Order?"

Toren sounded a bit giddy, chuckling at the idea as if he were being very clever. He seemed like he might go on with more ideas unless someone stops him.

"I think this place is a lot better then the old busted appartement I'm renting. So I wouldn't mind it. Maybe i can funnel the resources that used to be rent into improving the security of this house a little bit more. one can never have enough security."
    Grim's eyebrows raised a bit in surprise as he saw toren pull out a list of names and ideas and began explaining them. "Well." Grimoire said after toren was done with his ideas. " I think basing each of our positions on our path's is a very good idea. Though I'm not really sold on the architectural style thing. I mean out of all of us I think you are the only one with a real passion for it. So basing our entire cabal idea on it might not work for everybody." Grim added his own two cents.
    Giant
    WP 5/5
    Health: [][][][][][][][][][]
    mana: 5/5

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma's lips curved into a smile as Grimoire and Kiko agreed to the idea of making use of Toren's house as their Sanctum. "Yes, I'll be looking into improving this place's security as well," said the Warlock offering a nod to Grimoire. "Both mundanely and supernally."

He listened as the Moros spoke about a name for their Cabal, considering the options he was offering and ideas he had of his own. "Pillars of Reason has a nice ring to it, but I'm afraid it may make us look a tad hubristic to others in the Concilium," offered the Mastigos in response. "And I have to agree with Grim. While I certainly have an appreciation for architecture, I think we'd be better off finding a name that represents our shared identity as a Cabal."

The Warlock took a sip of wine, entertaining a few options in his head. "We are all Mystagogues, right?" he said, looking around the table at each of them respectively. "As such, it is our mission to seek out, study and preserve knowledge. So maybe we could pick a name that represents that in some way." Aenigma paused for another moment, toying with the wine glass in his hand.

"Maybe something along the lines of 'Keepers of Lore' or 'Seekers of the Mysteries'?" he asked before taking another sip from his glass.

k
    kimura

"Umm" she found herself raising her hand a moment before shaking her head putting it back in her lap feeling like an idiot "I.. why not Mimir's Well? A Well holds things and we, as Mystagoges, hold knowledge both terrible and beneficial? We've sacrificed things both personally and otherwise in this pursuit. Just my humble input"

Toren's cheery demeanor drooped for a moment, his clever ideas shot down. He bounced around Aenigma's suggestions in his head for a moment, leaning back and stroking his chin thoughtfully. Kiko's mention of Mimir's Well only registered confusion on his face, "Hmm? Mimir's Well, what's that?" he asked the tiny Thrysus.

k
    kimura

"In Norse Mythology it was where the All Father Odin sacrificed his eye to sup of it's wisdom and in turn hung on a tree for a week, if memory serves, to learn the magic of runes but I have been drawn to it's symbology with my Path in that it is of water. But being a well, which is an architectural construct seems like it would be something that you would be interested or called to"

Looking to both Grim and Aenigma next she continued her explanation "To you Grim I can see the Divinity in regards to your Path that I have seen from past experiences with Obrimos, though not to imply that you are or are not a prescribed believer or not just of what I am aware of your Path"

Finally looking at Aenigma with a slightly strained expression praying what she said would not offend the man, hell any of them to be honest "To Aenigma your Path represents, to my humble understanding, the demons that we all must face and the sacrifices we may or may not have to make and to me that embodies the giant Mimir whose well it was and to whom Odin would come to find answers to his questions"

She paused a moment and openly frowned "This is all coming form memory so if I am off please forgive me"

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma listened to Kiko's sugesstion, and the explanation that followed attentively. "Hmm, that is an interesting idea," he said once she was done speaking. "From my own recollection of the Eddas, I believe that what you have said is accurate. Mímisbrunnr lay at the roots of Yggdrasil, and its waters were believed to hold the world's wisdom." He offered the Thyrsus a pleasant smile before turning to address the group as a whole.

"It sounds like Kiko-chan's recommendation fits us all to a degree," said the Warlock, his eyes shifting from one mage to the next. "What are your thoughts on her suggestion?"

"I find its more fitting to the whole of our group then the architectural idea to be really honest. We all have at least a minor intrest in mythology because there is truth in nearly any legend, though it might be burried pretty well. And the fact that symbols of wisdom work pretty well with our order." Grim added his two cents on that idea. "So if we manage to work this out together I don't have a problem with it."
    Giant
    WP 5/5
    Health: [][][][][][][][][][]
    mana: 5/5

Toren likes the idea as Kiko explains the legend to him, but his face seems to suggest some reluctance. "I see how that would suit us quite well, but Mimir's Well? It just doesn't have the right ring to it. We could be the Wellspring Scholars or umm The Loredrinkers or hmm The Roots of the World Tree, or anything like that. Same thing, right? Just has more pazzaz, you know?" he looks around at the others. "But if you're sure about Mimir's Well then I could go along with it," he concedes. It's not really a big deal what they're called as long as it conveys their purpose and meaning as a group. He's glad enough they've all agreed to work together and is more than geeked about it.

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread