Watch

Toren's Sanctum: A Dinner

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma gave the Thyrsus girl a quick nod. "Kiko-chan it is," he said to her and offered a sweet smile. As she delved into the topic of her own Awakening, the Mastigos remained quiet as he paid close attention to her words. He took a sip of wine every now and then, listening to what Kiko was saying as she spoke about herself.

Hmm, I'll have to teach her to not say too much to strangers. All of that...and we have just met.

"You drive is certainly admirable Kiko-chan," said Aenigma as she finished speaking. "I do not believe in mere coincidence, so I am bound to agree with you on the fact that you are here in Sacramento because it has been written in your Fate." He paused for a moment as he turned to address the other two. "As a matter of fact, I believe that's the case for all of us," he added with a little smirk.

As Toren mentioned his Legacy, the Warlock quirked an eyebrow. "Oh, I didn't mean legacy as in..." he let his words trail off and let out a little chuckle. "Nevermind," he said and continued to listen to the Moros, taking another sip of wine.

Tamer of Stone? Hmm...that's certainly interesting...

"I didn't know you were a member of a Legacy! I guess you misunderstanding what I said was not a mere coincidence either," said Aenigma, letting out another chuckle. "I don't know much about your Legacy, but I've heard stories about the elemental Tamers, some of which are no longer around according to books I have read." He paused for a moment, a smirk touching his lips. "I guess that explains your fascination with architecture," he said, giving Toren a playful wink.

When the Moros suggested they move their conversation to the dinning room, the Warlock nodded in agreement. "Sounds good to me," he said with a smile. "I can't wait to see what you've made for us." With those words, he took one last sip of wine and then stood up to follow their host's lead.

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-11 12:18:31 Aenigma rolls 6 to Intelligence+Occult-2 (obscurity of topic) to "Tamers of Stone?" (10 Again) 6, 10, 5, 3, 8, 2, 3 2 successes

k
    kimura

Kiko's cheeks flushed a happy and slightly embarrassed shade of red as she heard Aenigma call her something she'd not heard in such a long while, save for Martha whom she basically said the same thing to "Indeed Aenigma Sempai" she beamed more happily than she had in ages as she stood up to follow the others into where the food was with a skip in her step and a grin on her face

The fact that Toren had a legacy caught Grimoires attention. "Thats quite intresting. I have been so focused broadening my knowledge that the idea of refining my soul hasn't really come up in my plans yet. But yes maybe we should continue this conversation during dinner." he smiled, "if of course Toren's cooking doesn't keep us to busy to talk."

He followed the group towards the dining room.
    Giant
    WP 5/5
    Health: [][][][][][][][][][]
    mana: 5/5

Toren walked into the kitchen which was part of the dining area. A square table sat decorated with very nice plateware and cutlery and four seats pressed up against each side. It wasn't a grand dining hall as he had but a humble home, but he hoped it would be comfortable for them. He saw that they got seated and then bounced over to the kitchen counter where he and tossed a large salad into four bowls and proceeded to shuttle them over to the table two by two. Then he broke a long roll into four sections and placed it lovingly on small plates. Butter was on the table with a pitcher of ice water, and three salad dressings as well as a single candle at the center which he lit before heading back to the stew.

"Anyone a vegetarian?" he asks without any judgement in his voice as he prepares his ladels and bowls.

ooc
    Once the meal had reached a slowing point Toren lightly tapped his fork against his glass to call attention. "Well, my friends. I must admit I've called you together here today for more than just a simple dinner and pleasant conversation. Actually Aenigma and I were interested in asking both of you, Grim and Kiko, if you'd like to form a Cabal together. Aenigma and I are sort of already in a Cabal, though that was never really formalized. But I wanted all of you to meet each other so that you could be in a better position to decide. I know each of you is meeting the other for the first time today but I think we have a chance to really help each other out in our development as Awakened individuals." He smiles encouragingly, glancing between the mages with the same hopeful look.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

OOC

As they had all finished their respective meals, Aenigma turned his attention to Toren as he called for their attention. He remained quiet as the Moros spoke about the real reason why they had all been invited to dinner, glancing at Kiko and Grimoire from time to time, attempting to gauge their reaction to Toren's words. It didn't take long for him to notice that the Obrimos was much harder to read for some reason.

3 suxx on Kiko, failure on Grimoire
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-13 15:12:21 Aenigma rolls 5 to Wits+Empathy on Grimoire (10 Again) 5, 5, 7, 1, 5 failure
    2012-07-13 15:12:03 Aenigma rolls 5 to Wits+Empathy on Kiko (10 Again) 8, 3, 8, 9, 7 3 successes

Once their host was done saying his piece, the Warlock gave them all a smile before saying some words of his own. "I have only met the two of you a couple of hours ago, but from what Toren has told me, you are both capable individuals," he said as he gave each a polite nod. "Also, we all have something in common, for we are all students of the Atlantean Mystery. I think that this gives us an advantage, since we wouldn't have to deal with inter-Order politics and we are likely to share common goals as well."

Aenigma paused for a moment as he took a sip from his wine. "I'm sure both of you have questions about this, concerns that need to be addressed," he said in a perfectly calmed voice. "So what better time to address those than now?" He smiled once again after saying those words, awaiting to hear what each of them had to say.

Well, the cat's out of the bag...now let's hear what they have to say.

k
    kimura

Kiko looked around at those present as she sat with her hands in her lap after eating regarding everyone with curiousness as she listened to both Toren and Aenigma's words and furrowed her brow as if deep in thought before speaking "Personal thoughts and concerns aside I think it is a wise decision to band together in a Cabal"

Looking at each one in turn obviously a little nervous about being the only girl in a Cabal of guy's but she pushed the thought aside for the moment as she stood up and started pacing being very animate as she spoke "I admit I am new to Awakened Life, experience, existence" she waved her hands rather quickly as if trying to find the right words her mind was fighting for "whatever one wished to call it but anyone is aware there are strength in numbers. Not just physical strength but emotional and spiritual strength. I think this is a lesson the Heavens wish us to learn."

She stopped her pacing beside of Toren and looked down at him "I know I am, lets just say, different. Yet Toren was the first person to approach me in this City and for some reason my soul knows him" as she looks at Grim then Aenigma before continuing "This also goes for you both. Perhaps it was Fate that brought us all together it is not for me to say as I do not understand the Lady's workings except in dreams and feelings as I do not walk the Enchanters Path, though to be offered such a Gift I cannot help but feel I am unworthy because of my youth and my inexperience in many things. The same goes for my Awakening it is a Gift I feel I still do not see why I was granted such a blessing from Heaven"

Looking at those that may look at her oddly she shook the thought off of being ridiculed "Perhaps I should have said the Supernal but call it... a personal thing that I refer to that which is what should be... Heaven" turning to head back to her chair she sat down and after taking another sip of her water she nodded her head to Toren and Aenigma "I accept the invitation to both my Sempai in both age and Order"

She may be the same status as everyone in the room but she was who she was and it was like asking a duck not to swim in how her mind worked. She was after all Kiko.

grimiore waited till kiko had finished speaking. Not going in on her slip of tongue at the end of the monologue. She was still young and probably would grow out believing in something like heaven soon enough when she looked at the world.
    "I am going to follow kiko-chan on this. With the current situation in this city its either standing together or dying alone when either the seers or banishers get the jump on you. The fact that you three look like people I can get allong with is just more incentive to go along." Grimoire said. "As for concerns on my part. I'm just wondering about our differen't sanctums and hallows of each of us and what we are going to do with them. Each of us sharing our ahllows but keeping our own sanctums? Or some other agreement?"
    Giant
    WP 5/5
    Health: [][][][][][][][][][]
    mana: 5/5

"Excellent," exclaims Toren after both guests voice their acceptance of the offer. "Miss Kiko, your words are inspiring and heartfelt, thank you. Please do not feel intimidated by our ages and experience. I am still learning many things about Awakened Society, both past and present day. We will pool our knowledge in trust and good will."

"As for the matter of Sanctums and Hallows I can easily say than any of you are welcome to stay here with me in my home. I think that pooling our resources in maintaining a single homestead would be easier and more efficient than each of us doing it alone. Would that be something you'd be willing to do, Grim? Aenigma?" he turned to the Warlock hopefully, wondering what his thoughts were on this.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma listened to both Kiko and Grimoire as each shared their thoughts on the idea, and eventually accepted the offer. A smile formed on the corner of the Warlock's lips, which implied that he was pleased by the events of the evening. He turned to Toren as he addressed the Obrimos' question, listening to what their host had to say.

"I have no qualms with this proposal," he said, giving Toren a quick nod. "The pooling of our resources would be most efficient, besides this would also give us a chance to spend more time with each other and get to know one another better." He smiled at the Mystagogues around him with those words. "Also, from a more strategic perspective, it is a heck of a lot easier to defend one location," added the Mastigos as an afterthought.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

BUMP! kimura

OOC

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread