Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Toren's Sanctum: A Dinner

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

"Oh, did he now?" Grimoire said in an amused tone., repeating the gesture Aenigma had made. Showing that he stood on the same level as he in the rankings of the mystirium.
    As toren darted past him back into the kitchen he gave the newcomer a smile and offered her a hand. "Don't worry about not remembering my name, I do not really stand out from the crowd. I'm called grimoire, though most just shorten it to Grim. I still remembered your name though." Grimoire stated in an amused tone. "But before we start talking, why don't we follow torens request and go sit down in the foyer. Might be a bit more comfortable then standing in the halway."
    Giant
    WP 5/5
    Health: [][][][][][][][][][]
    mana: 5/5

Toren calls out behind him from the kitchen, "Actually you're in the foyer, it's not much of one I'm afraid," he apologizes. Despite having a great knowledge of architectural terminology his grandfather's house was still modest in its size so it really only had a hallway. He stirred the pots and sampled a small bowl of each to make sure they didn't lose their flavor. Then he dug into his fridge for some drink choices before reemerging into the Living Space, "Any preference for drinks? I've got wine, water, or sodas. Or if you're adventurous I could try turning one into something else altogether," and then laughed jokingly.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma gave the Obrimos an acknowledging nod as he noticed him performing a hand gesture in return. "Well, I'm always interested in meeting other members of my Order," he said to Grimoire in a pleasant tone. The Warlock gave Kiko an amused look when she called him "Sir," unsure of how to respond to that. "Umm, no need to call me 'Sir' really, Aenigma will do just fine." He offered the Japanese girl another smile, letting her know that his words were well-meant.

"As a matter of fact, I do enjoy solving riddles, puzzles and things of the sort," said Aenigma in response to her question. "It's a hobby of mine actually." He gave a little shrug and then turned his attention back to Grimoire, giving the man a nod in agreement. However, Toren spoke up from the kitchen at that point, letting them know that they were indeed standing in the foyer after all.

He couldn't help but chuckle, amused slightly by their own confusion. "Don't sell yourself short Toren," called out the Warlock in response. "Like I said, it is a rather nice place. It's got a certain coziness to it." As the Moros reemerged and asked them about their drink choices, Aenigma couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at his last words. However, the expression faded away quickly as he realized Toren had only meant as a joke.

"Sure, I'll have some wine," said the Mastigos, a smirk touching his lips.

k
    kimura

Kiko nodded towards the remarks by the ones around her as she took them in before padding in stockinged feet to find the living room, or wherever Toren may have meant to go before sitting down rather lady like to look at both Aenigma and Grimoire before speaking to her seniors.

"I do not mean disrespect but I come from a Family blessed by the Supernal and I only try to show respect and honor to those above my station, regardless of Status. Though if it is uncomfortable I can try, as hard it will be, not to address you with honorifics, if you so wish of me"

As she finished she turned towards Toren's voice as she smiled "Water if you please, I am not yet old enough to enjoy wine and I have a feeling if I did I doubt you would wish to see an even more weird Thrysoi on more sugar than she already seems to be blessed with"

Grimoire shrugged at Toren's yell from the kitchen. "Well that shows what I know of architecture. But I think the both of you know what I meant yes?" Grimoire said in a neutral tone as he followed the thrysus and magistos towards the place with the seats and sat down.
    "Water is just fine, I'm afraid I don't react well to alcohol most of the time." he answers his hosts question before turning his attention to the only girl.
    "Well you can call me whatever you wish, I don't really mind."
    Giant
    WP 5/5

Toren smiled, good-natured and poured four glasses which he brought out on a tray. "Two waters and two wines," he notes and sets the tray on the coffee-table before them. "Dinner is just about ready but probably best to let it cool a bit." He sits down on an armchair and takes one of the wine-glasses. "And thank you, Aenigma. I'm very proud of this home, it's quite meaningful to me so I appreciate it when it makes its guests comfortable." He took a sip of wine then and cradled the glass in his palms.

To Kiko he says, "Oh, you walk the Thrysus path? Would it be too forward of me to ask about your path? I'm just rather curious. For that matter, are we all familiar with each other's paths? I myself walk the leadened path of Stygia, the Moros."

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma shook his head at Kiko's words. "Don't even worry about it; if you prefer to use titles it is fine by me," said the Warlock, a quick smile flashing across his face. "So, do you have a preference in regards to what we should be calling you?" he asked, curious about the Thyrsus' answer.

He turned to Toren as the Moros brought out the tray with their drinks. "Thank you," said the Mastigos to their host. Aenigma reached for the other wine glass, listening to his words as he tasted the wine. "Well, it is certainly good that his legacy* lives on through you," he said before taking another sip from his wine.

"In case it wasn't obvious," said the Warlock as he followed Toren's lead. "I awakened at the Tower of the Iron Gauntlet."

k
    kimura

Kiko thought for a few seemingly eternal moments before taking a sip of her water and began to speak as she placed her hands in her lap.

"I am unsure what everyone's awakening was like and honestly it is a paradoxical nature of mine to be curious about somethings and not care about others. Whether this is a positive trait or a negative one I am unsure."

Turning to Aenigma she shrugged some "you may call me Kiko-chan if you wish or in due time if I have earned a new nick-name that will be alright also. I mean I am rather smaller and younger than everyone, I would imagine"

Looking back towards everyone instead of focusing on any one person the young Shaman continued "My awakening was... long. I would fathom a guess as it took close to 6 years before the veil was lifted form my eyes and my soul decided it was high time to wake up." taking a sip of water she wiggled into the seat pulling her legs under her some as she started to feel far more comfortable in Torens home "My Path is that of the Primal Wild and while I have met many that seem, how shall we say "bestial" or less civilized it seems the Wilds touched me differently in some ways. I am fiercely loyal to those I call friend and have been scolded on more than one occasion for speaking my mind, and throwing a punch or three, because I did not agree with someones accusations of those I hold dear when I know the truth of matters. I am a child at heart and it shows when I am around children because they are some of the few things I would eagerly assault the Abyss itself over to free"

Taking another drink she looked at each Mage in turn speaking with an odd hint of seriousness in her seemingly happy and merry voice "When I love I love with the entirety of my being and when I hate it is with equal vigor. If I give someone my word, not a promise, but my word consider it done. I do not betray my friends for I am far from home and friends are surrogate family and to these eyes, and soul, to betray them is to forfeit the very thing that makes me... me."

Taking a breath she watched the expressions of those around her with a hint of curiosity as she started almost playing with a strand of her long hair returning to her, well, sense of banter "I am an Disciple of Life, a Apprentice of Spirit, and an Initiate of Prime as well. I am a Healer and Student by calling and nature. I do not like violence which is an odd feeling for one who views the Hunt and the Life and Death struggles of people around me but I am who I am and why the Wilds chose me only Time will tell such things I feel. I do feel I am needed in this place, this City, but to do what? To heal something? Someone? The Orders? The City? I do not know honestly but I will lend what meager skill and ability I have to you and yours... for what it is worth... if you so ask of me"

"Thanks for that Toren." Grimoire said as he grabbed his glass. Waiting patiently as Kiko began to talk. After she was done he gave a small nod in aproval. "Well, I can't really tell you what to do. But I can assure you that everything you are willing to do to help out the mysterium is much appreciated by most of them." Grimoire said in his neutral voice, taking a sip from his glass of water afterwards.

"Now then I'm guessing it is my turn to state my path isn't it? I'm an obrimos. A Disciple of Prime, an apprentice of death and an initiate in forces, mind and space." A bit of pride crept into his voice as he stated his knowledge of the arcana. His broad knowledge was something he prided himself on.
    Giant
    WP 5/5

Toren listened carefully to the words of his guests. He nodded his understanding when Aenigma and Grim shared their respected Paths. With Kiko he really hadn't meant for such a lengthy and meaningful reply, yet he could only repay its sincerity with his undivided attention. When she had finished and a space opened up in the conversation Toren spoke up, a glint of enthusiasm in his eye, "That is...excellent, Miss Kiko. To be so open and honest even though you are not yet well known in the city is quite brave. It sounds as though you have a great understanding of yourself, your strengths and weaknesses. I myself am looking for purpose in this city, though I've been building upon that for some time now even before I achieved an Awakened state." He smiles wistfully, giving a friendly wink intending to put the Thrysus at ease.

Turning to Aenigma he says, "I wish I could say that my grandfather possessed supernal powers, but I received my Legacy from his companion, my Mentor," misunderstanding Aenigma's use of the word. "Ah, I've always admired them both, and yet I feel I hardly knew either of them. This house is my last connection to my grandfather, something my parents never really understood. As a Tamer of Stone I hope to unlock those secrets, the ones he was never privy to, that I might build a house of my own one day, or a great tower or anything I please."

Caught up in Kiko's expressive words he stops himself suddenly, "Oh, right, dinner! Probably cool enough now. What say we grab our drinks and head to the table?"

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread