Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Making Up For Lost Time (private)

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil grinned at her joke of the Halls of Power (although he wasn't actually sure if it was a joke or not!)

"Well, I wouldn't wish to presume, Madam Harpy. Reeve Greyson could decide not to, and then I would look like quite the fool, would I not?" He smiled. "And yet, I can't help but think I should come enjoy one of your parties sometime. Do you have any coming up in the near future?"

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice just nods, leaving the matters of the Invictus and its member of higher standing for what it is. And of course, partying is a much better topic.

'Not really, I am soo busy that I sometimes forget to throw a bit party every now and then. Then again, there are plenty of themed evenings at Club Ember that I would call a party worth visiting.' She thinks about upcomping events and a mischievous grin crosses her face. 'There is something planned that I wouldn't call a party, but certainly a big event. Just keep an eye out for my announcements.'

'What kind of parties do you like, Mr. Kingsley?'
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

N
    Neil Kingsley

"I'll do that," he said. He could handle a party or two now that he'd started to settle in well into the Domain. The girl ran a strip club. No doubt her concept of a party was plenty agreeable to him.

At her question, Dr. Kingsley's grin became equally mischevious. "Ones with plenty to drink, beautiful company... and good music. The rest is up for creative interpretation."

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Plenty to drink, Mr. Kingsley? That sounds like a good thing for one interested in the First Estate. I don't think there will ever be a lack of beautiful company, and music, well, everyone has his own taste.' And about the creative interpretation... that is pretty much what she was asking.

Buuut, he brought up another good point. 'And what then, do you like, when it comes to music? Can you keep up with all the nowadays genres?'

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil left the first be with little more than a nod and a smile.

He laughed at the second. The concept of keeping up with all the genres of today's music was beyond him. Dubstep? What the fuck was that? J-Pop? Again - no clue. Plus all the various kinds of alternative this and that - no, he couldn't keep up. "Classical is a favorite, of course, jazz, rock, even some metal - I dislike country, and many of the random kinds of 'new' music kids seem to like these days."He shrugged with a good-natured smile on his face. "If it has a beat and some talent, I can generally get behind it."

Too bad one or the other was so often lacking these days - thank you, Autotune.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Ah yes, talent you speak of, but how does one recognize talent?' Alice holds up a finger as she asks her question. 'Although I generally agree, I like many forms of jazz, Big band music, french chansons... no metal though.' The pretty Daeva winks to Neil, she ain't no girl for metal.

'And pop, it is inevitable to listen to pop for a woman like me, but I can appreciate it. It changes every day... Beethoven was once pop too.' In his own way. 'Then country, I don't really know about it. Maybe you have to be American to get used to it?'

Played by Dark Passenger

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil shrugged. "It's all in the eye of the beholder, I suppose; talent, beauty, art - all subjective." He chuckled. "But with music these days, I try not to set the bar too high; singing that sounds good without the aid of Autotune heads in the right direction."

"I think the key to liking country is owning a horse. Those who own horses seem to get it." He shrugged, looking confused. "And trucks. I think it's the particular combination."

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Talent too? Beauty and art, yes, but I'm not sure how subjective talent is. Some people are undeniably good at something.' For Alice it is a serious point of discussion. Ever since the world has been infected with talent shows.

I have never had such a chance.

'There is no need to set the bar too high, I can be perfectly fine with "older" music, whatever that is.' Again the Daeva shrugs, and she laughs when Neil continues to speak about Country. 'Oh Mr. Kingsley... maybe what you say is true, but... ' she chuckles, 'I bet it has to with wearing a hat, not the trucks.'

Played by Dark Passenger

N
    Neil Kingsley

"I would generally agree, but there will always be detractors based on one's personal skills and perceptions. No doubt the lead violinist of the London Symphony Orchestra will look at the talented lead violinist of the LA Symphony Orchestra and think, 'she's not all that', even though to the rest of us, the lead violinist of the LASO is a fantastic violinist." Neil shrugged with a little smile, enjoying the conversation. "And there's no accounting for taste - plenty of children think Justin Bieber and that Carly Rae Jepsen girl are good. I tend to disagree." He laughed, as if that was silly.

Dr. Kingsley grinned at the hat thing. "Oh? Do you feel the urge to sing about lost love and cattle when you toss on a Stetson, Madam Harpy?"

I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me -- god damnit! It's too catchy!

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, that might be true. But what 'the rest of us' think, doesn't say anything about someone. Personal perceptions aren't always worth something. The London lady might be better, yet she may still say if the LA violinist is talented or not.'

Alice is not going to let dumb people rule the world.

'Bieber, that cute kid right? A bit too young for my taste, and he doesn't write his own songs...' that says it all. 'Jepsen though, she got some nice contacts in the modeling world. It's hard to hire those folks, I bet she knew him personally. I mean, unless she paid the full price of course, which seems unlikely since no one knew her before that one hit.'

And then there would be no space for me to act a little dumb.

After a wink Alice leans forward, 'Oh I can reassure you Mr. Kingsley, I will never have the urge to sing about cattle.'

Played by Dark Passenger

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.