Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Seneschal) Session Hours 9

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Ariana Donovan

The cacophony signs pointed to the Avalon as one of Sacramento’s Elysia. Within these walls held the Avalon Underground. A place of sanctuary and assistance as well as a common meeting place of Kindred. As an Elysia, generally there was at least one Deputy that was within to uphold the laws of the Domain the Prince had set forth. @Conner Greyson was also in his office and not far down the hall. With the Shadow's acute hearing, not much got past him. It was the Avalon after all.

Their voices could probably be heard as the halls were rounded by newcomers since Ariana’s door was open. It was never a surprise to find Ariana working or reading paperwork and keeping an eye on her laptop from time to time. Ariana was wearing a white business suit that evening. Her office was set up quaint with plenty of chairs and three across from her desk.

The office of the Seneschal is neat and organized. A framed picture on the wall was rather large which was probably a gift from someone, much like the necklace she wore as well as a ring on her right hand. There were a few of books on etiquette, writing and a few books on psychology. Several biographies on journalists including a book on Roxana Seberi. There were several high back chairs and an office style sofa with which could easily accommodate more than a few people. Her door was open, since she did not mind drop ins. On the laptop on her desk, she was reading the preparations of the London Olympics on the internet.

@Ashley Cohen

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

It is not hard for Ashley to find, and with a cold cup of Starbucks coffee in one hand she knocks on the open door. She removes the silver-framed black aviators from her eyes, sliding them ontop of her head and revealing her stunning blue eyes.

One of the first thing she notices about the Seneschal is how captivating her eyes are. Her beast lashes against the cage of humanity begging for a chance to drive fingers into them or better yet have the Seneschal do it herself. It took Ashley back a moment like standing on a high balcony and looking at the ground and picturing what it would be like to fall, though you never would jump.

The dark urges subside as she focuses on the business at hand. Ashley does not have all the information she would have liked before coming here, yet this dance is something she is accostumed to. "Seneschal, may I have a moment of your time?" She inquires from outside of the threshold, waiting to be invited through.
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

A
    Ariana Donovan

As the Lordess had been reading, her beast was the first that perked itself to the door. That near whiplash of the first encounter of a new Beast. As it began tossing about she turned toward the door; a smile moved over her lips while she worked internally to put it to rest.

Ariana had took immediate notice of the new woman’s eyes. They were uniquely blue, and her attire seemed to be the latest from the world of fashion. Her demeanor seemed purposeful as the copper haired Ventrue surmised at first, then solidified as the lovely woman immediately, and politely spoke.

Leaning forward Ariana raised her hand up and cupped it toward the office. “Good evening, please come in.” It swiftly gestured to the seats across from her desk as the Lordess displayed a welcoming smile. “Please have a seat if you wish. How may I assist you this evening?” Her attention focused on the new woman before her.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

The petite lordess enters on the Seneschal's request, settling down in the indicated seat. The cold cup of starbucks coffee comes to a rest in hand on her knee, as she takes on a proper posture. "I am Ashley Cohen, Lordess of the Carthian Movement. I come before you to announce my presence and intent within Sacramento and if you find me worthy, swear to the Oath of the Domain."

Ashley figures it is best to keep it short and sweet. While she could have given a more detailed greeting, she cared little to show her knowledge of Invictus titles, nor did she care to discuss Belle Cohen.

Simplicity will suffice... She muses internally, knowing that simplicity will make the ending request of the meeting a bit more interesting and surprising...

Social Combat

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana smiled to Ashley as she took her seat. Her eyes followed the coffee a moment and she remembered how much she enjoyed it when she was alive. Still, she loved the aroma. “Wonderful to meet you Ms. Cohen. I am Madam Seneschal Donovan, Priscus of Lords. I welcome you to the Invictus Domain of His Majesty, Alder Prince Clarke.” Her grin very welcoming to the new woman.

With a soft motion, her hand panned to the new woman inviting her to speak. “If perhaps you could tell me a little about yourself and if you are staying for a duration or just passing through.” Ariana had a calm and interested look on her demeanor. New people were always fascinating especially considering her other vocation.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"It is a pleasure to meet you Madam Seneschal Donovan, Priscus of Lords." Ashley mirrors to be polite as much as to remember her name for later.

Ashley's delicate grip shifts upon the cup, as her hand moves to rest upon the lid. Her finger taps briefly against the plastic as she considers her initial reaction to the Seneschal that leaves her with lingering question.

"I am just passing through. I do not foresee being here for more than a decade or two." A slender fingertip from her freehand rises to caress her chin. "I travel with a bit of frequency, though I have mostly been around on the East Coast." Moving her hand away from her face, it comes to rest upon her knee.

"I find myself here due to state that the Movement is in." Ashley knows that her words could make her as a perceived threat to the Invictus, but she guesses that the past history of the Carthians in Sacramento has led them to not be taken seriously.

"Though I assure you that nothing I say nor do will counter the Invictus Domain of His Majesty, Alder Prince Clarke." Sincerity hums from her words.

"It is in my hopes that I can make the Movement a beneficial body within Sacramento." If there was one thing that could match her ambition...it was her patience.

"I do wish there was more to tell, but I do not find myself in a spot long enough to build a positive or negative reputation." A pleasant smile traces her lips.

Social Combat

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana listened with a pleasant expression as Ashley spoke about her past. “Of course, my door is always open Ms. Cohen.”

It was curious that she considered two decades passing through, considering that some nomadic types barely spent a month in some Domains. She too, had seen them appear and leave almost as quickly as they had come. “If I may, where have your travels taken you thus far?” The copper haired Ventrue gave an intrigued smile.

When her cousin brought up the Carthians, Ariana pleasantly contributed to what Ashley may have heard. “Those that were previously involved in the Carthian Movement have found other interests of their own. While one or two had more interest in another Covenant, others were reasons that were more personal to them.” Ariana’s voice spoke clear and true as she was once the Harpy and now the Seneschal and kept pace with the Domain.

Though the Lordess was surprised to hear that the Movement would not be in contrast to the First Estate, Ariana’s expression did not leave from “That quite a different perspective on the Covenant, Ms. Cohen. I would be interested to hear your views on that, if I may.” Ashley’s last statement could have been interpreted several ways, but for now, she took it for face value.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"I have been up and down the East Coast. Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Washington, D.C. Charleston, Charlotte, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Providence, Savannah....As well as a host of smaller cities..." The near-alphabetical listing she shoots out is very intentional.

"As far as other regions the list is fairly diminutive." Ashley's eyes drift upward as she sketches out her approach to the Seneschal's other inquiry.

"I was once upon a time Invictus..." Her piercing blue eyes fall back to meet Ariana's. "It seems funny to me at how much we all resist change..." Her hand shifts on the starbucks coffee cup once more, lifting it. She leans forward and places the cup on the ground next to the chair and straightens back up. "...and how much the world around us changes..

"Ensuring a safe and prosperous future for the domain…A fairly easy goal to be aligned with, wouldn’t you say?” Ashley’s hands move to rest on the armrests. ”I perceive the Carthians to be diverse and adaptable. It can lead to pitfalls that you have witnessed, but it can also lend them great strength.”

”Each of the Covenants tackles issues in different manners and makes use of different sets of tools. With the Cartian Movement as a functional body within Sacramento, it strengthens the diversity and allows for a more varied approach to issues that may arise…”

Ashleys' pearly whites show through a smile. ”A Invictus and Carthian talk politics. It almost seems like that open line to a joke…” With a wave of her hand, she dismisses the punchline.

"I find myself a bit curious as to what you consider to be the goals of the Movement. If you do not mind my inquiry." Ashley couldn't help but be inquisitive as this meeting is as much about telling as it is listening. With more pieces to the picture Ashley could decipher why the experiment failed and avoid or remove those obstacles.

Social Combat

A
    Ariana Donovan

“That is a wonderful list of cities you have visited. To see the vast differences between them all is something not many get to witness.” The Lordess smiled as she too wondered what their differences would be like.

Ariana listened to Ashley speak of the problems of change and then change into pitfalls of certain things. She also noticed that her cousin only heard what she wanted to hear from Ariana’s words. That in itself was intriguing.

Shaking her head with a soft smile the copper haired Ventrue spoke pleasantly. “As I have never attended a meeting of the Carthians, I am unsure what would be sufficient goals.”

Lifting her hand while turning to another point from Ashley, spoke. “However, if your goals are to make it beneficial to Sacramento whilst not countering His Majesty, as you said, this may be proper footing to begin upon.” Ariana smiled to her clansmen. “Perhaps in time you may find individuals that share your views.”

Opening her drawer to the side, she pulled out a few pieces of specialized paper with intricate and particular writing on them. “But before you seek these individuals, perhaps we should go over the formalities.” The Lordess spoke with a welcoming voice and matching smile.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley gives a acquiescent nod of her head as her eyes stay fixed on the Seneschal. "The devil is in the details..." Her eyes cast to the parchment before her, already having a fairly good idea of what they entail.

The cogs were still twirling on a different task, as Ashley calculates the pros and cons of her closing ploy. A lingering curiosity of Ariana's response to it seems like a driving factor, along with Ashley's pride. She is not going to be just another face passing through the Seneschal's office, Ashley is going to leave a interesting impression.

Ashley leans forward to study the parchment in better detail as she waits for the Seneschal to expand on the "formalities."

Social Combat

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.