Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1206) Gabriel, Ariana and Christianne

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

"Ah... Good evening Madam Seneschal Donovan. You look oh so lovely." Gabriel's angelic tone greats the woman with a warm hello. He extends his hand and take the Seneschal by the hand and gives it a kiss with his perfect lips. Its a soft kiss really, her skin was almost as lovely his. She wanted him, he could see it on her face.

And then there is the shrew. If he had any interest in the old woman he knew he could have her too. She would not be the first bride of christ he had lead down the road of sin. "Mister Libbertist Gabriel DAnglo." He says extending that perfectly manacured hand. He may has well ended the sentence and said "And I am beautiful." because he it would be true. But Gabriel is not a man to state the obvious.

A
    Ariana Donovan

There was a moment to which Ariana wanted to slap Gabriel for taking her hand without permission. She quelled her thoughts with a smile. It seemed so many handsome men were arrogant as well. It was not visible, but the Mekhet could probably feel the hesitation in her hand. “Thank you Mister D’Anglo, you are too kind.” Still, she could not help but accept a compliment graciously.

The Lordess detected a slight accent but its origins were not entirely familiar given its lightness. “Of course that is quite understandable.” Ariana said with assurance to the new woman ( ackleback ) “As Mister D’Anglo mentioned, I am the Seneschal to His Majesty. I would be more than happy to assist you with your questions and acclimate you in a number of ways.” The Lordess smiled in a helpful manner and asked kindly. “Perhaps you could tell me a little about yourself, if you please.”

a
    ackleback

Sister Christianne bowed her head, smiling as she nodded. "Of course Madam Seneschal ( Ariana Donovan ), I would be happy to. I have recently travelled from Chicago to Sacramento to help the Sanctified. Chicago was doing quite well, and I felt it was time for a change. Before Chicago, I was in New York briefly, and prior to that, Berlin, around the time of The Great War. Hmm..." Sister Christianne placed her finger on her lips, audibly thinking for just a moment, "Forgive me Madam Seneschal, but I am having difficulties thinking of what I should share. Please, ask me questions, what would you like to know, Madam?"

The little old nun smiled at the Seneschal, a genuine smile - she never spoke about herself unless asked. Boasting was unbecoming of someone of her stature, although she secretly enjoyed it greatly. She looked at Gabriel DAnglo out of the corner of her eye, wondering if she was listening too.

Sister Christianne turned to face Gabriel, and smiled at him, "Ah, Gabriel, like the angel. I see you have angelic beauty to match as well, young man. Good for you!" She reached forward, extending her work-worn and old hand out to shake his.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana may have made a good Sanctified if her passions were in religion, yet they were heavily seeded within the First Estate and she cherished it much like a religion. She had an understanding of the Lancea Covenant, and for this she was accepting of their faith. “There are a few others in the Domain from Chicago. I am sure you will meet them soon.” Her words were a touch warm as she spoke of those from the particular city. A sign that they were in good standing within the Domain.

“Perhaps you could share with me what you do when you are not busy with your work for the Lancea Sanctum?” The Lordess smiled as she asked a little more about the woman before her. “Also, do you have a name you go by as well as your Clan?” Adding the last portion to gage what direction to assister her later.

Ariana could not help but glance at Gabriel for a moment, he stood quietly. Perhaps he enjoyed standing there being looked upon, but she was not about to argue with that. The Lordess did see Sidor Grigoriev looking her direction and a genuine smile returned to note that she was at ease.

a
    ackleback

"Oh! Please excuse my poor manners, Madam Seneschal. My name is Sister Christianne Weiß, Sanctified of the Ventrue, progeny of Agata Jung, progeny of Ansheim Auf der Maier." Christianne bobbed her head, reciting the names as if they were scripture.

"Madam Seneschal, my work is mainly with the Catholic church, which I have some ties within. I am a busy woman, attending to my flock. I administer a group home, you see, for kine boys. The poor discarded souls of the world. They need a firm hand to guide them and set them straight and keep them busy, lest they join the addicts or the homelss - only to become another meal."

"Poor Discarded Souls... Sounds familiar." Gabriel says as he enjoys the smell of his wine. He remains silent, a bit awed at the fact that the women could focus on there conversation with his radiant presence there.

A
    Ariana Donovan

The Lordess listened intently as Christianne spoke of herself. Her brows delightfully rose as she mentioned the clan to which her blood had been. “That is quite alright Miss Weiß, do you have a preference in which you should be called outside of your Covenant?” Ariana asked with a soft smile.

“I see you are a very busy woman. You must find your work very rewarding to you as well?” The statement came with a gentle lilt of a question at the end. She did not want to assume, but the Sister seemed to enjoy what she did.

Ariana was uncertain what Gabriel’s addition may have been in reference too but she did not further inquire. Gesturing to a table off to the side, the Lordess smiled to Christianne and spoke. “Let us sit and go over a few things for you this evening so that we may have you acknowledged. Mister D’Anglo, will you be joining us?” Knowing he had already gone through the motions, she suspected he may not want to. As the Lordess pulled a few pieces of paper out of her purse, she indeed noticed the new arrival loudly making an entrance. Not another one. She was very pleased to see Daniella take an immediate step in the woman's direction.

a
    ackleback

Christianne, following behind the Seneschal turned her head to look at Gabriel, "How do you mean? Have you much experience with orphans?"

Christianne sat without grace in a chair opposite the Seneschal, and continued their conversation. "The only title, Madam Seneschal, I kept after death was Sister. Alas, my poor sire could never quite tear me from the church you see. Sister Christianne would be perfectly adequate. I daresay when I was alive, I wanted to be Mother Superior... but the Lord had other plans for me - as you can well see."

Sister Christianne reached into her pocket, and took out a pair of aluminum knitting needles - chosen specifically for their safer nature in regards to Kindred. As she spoke, she began to knit, continuing work on a half-sewn woolen cap in mottled greens and browns.

"I hope this does not affront, I never feel at ease unless I'm doing something." Sister Christianne paused, "My work with the children... now that is a question Madame Seneschal." Sister Christianne shook her head. "They need a firm guiding hand, or I fear the streets await them. Some are the offspring of addiction ravaged Kine, others just unwanted or from, heavens excuse me, but from... violent lust. The church does what it can, with what little it has. I am afraid Rome has not seen fit to extend it's golden influences this far from Europe. Oh! Excuse me, It seems I have grown rather critical of the church since I was embraced." Sister Christianne snickered feeling quite scandalous.

"It is rewarding though..." Christianne snickers, "I have one boy, he keeps offering me something to drink almost every night when I arrive." Smiling, Christianne shakes her head, enjoying the thought. "I keep turning him down, and you know what he says to me?" Sister Christianne looks into the eyes of Gabriel, and then the Seneschal, and then speaks in her best childish voice, "You're never thirsty! I've counted! Five times I asked, you're never thirsty!" Sister Christianne breaks out into a choked laugh, trying to keep it squelched as to not let it break the mood of the court.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana suspected Gabriel’s reply would come at some point as she sat gracefully in the chair and crossed her legs to the side. She suspected he was eyeing the women of the court, or trying to see himself in the glass he drank from. Nonetheless, she turned her attention back to Christianne. “There are some things our nights could not take away from us.” The Lordess spoke as if she knew a little of the passion for work to which Christianne spoke. “Yes, I do understand that sometimes plans change. But we have learned to adapt to our nature.” The Lordess could defintitely relate to the woman’s words.

Ariana was enjoying listening to the Nun speak. Perhaps in time she would realize how similar they were, just devoted in different ways. “Not at all, I feel the same way about being continually busy. It is wonderful that you have found a calling such as you have and devoted your time to such.” Her eyebrows rose with a kind expression while Christianne snickered. “I do apologize, I have not kept up with the political side of the Catholic religion.” Her small smile matched her words of apology. Yet, Ariana wondered if she blended the Lancea's beliefs with the Catholic ones. She suspected that answer would come in due time.

“I am very glad you have found it rewarding.” The Lordess was reminded of her grandmother for a moment, the way she told her experience with the young child. “It seems you are doing some good if they are just as concerned for you as you are for them.”

Leaning in a little, Ariana asked Christianne. “If I may, we are an Invictus Domain and with that said, could I please call you Sister Weiß as a compromise?”

a
    ackleback

"Of course, Madam Seneschal, that title would be most appropriate. So, tell me Madam Seneschal: How has unlife treated you, since your death? Are you originally from this area?"

Sister Weiß knitted dutifully, not looking up from her project. Genuinely interested to hear the details of the Seneschal's unlife, if they would come. She still had much to learn about this domain. Every now and then, out of the corner of her eye she glanced around the room, letting her gaze fall upon the Seneschal, and then Gabriel just a moment longer than elsewhere. They were both attractive, but he was truly beautiful, it was quite the sight. Alas, her life as a nun and the war had stripped her of all heated urges. She was too matronly now, too focused on projects or charges. Still, one can always appreciate fine art.

She let herself eye the Seneschal's dress, admiring the cut. If only she had been embraced 30 years younger, she snickered inwardly to herself.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread