DISPLAYED
(1206) Kiko and the Father

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Alfar smiles at Samael:

"I'd add Learning to that list, first and foremost. Ones who cannot constantly learn do not truly live."

As Kiko returns, Alfar replies in a warm voice:

"Oh, thank you. I have missed good coffee. Although I've returned to America quite a long while ago, I can still appreciate simple things that we have here."

He accepts the cup and sips a bit before continuing:

"Father Samael has just shared his reason for coming to this city. Might I ask what yours is? Sorry if I'm too straightforward, I'm afraid I'm naturally curious."

k
    kimura

"Then we have something in common Sir" said with a honest smile. Taking a moment to get comfortable in the chair she furrowed hr brow a moment as if trying to find the right words before nodding her head.

"I am here to study, learn, and find something to be honest. What that -something- is I do not know but I am certain I will know when I find it. Though art of me thinks it has something to do with acceptance as I am not you average hyperactive sugar induced Japanese young lady... I think I was given an extra dose when I was born"

Samael accepts the coffee with a gracious nod, disregarding the latte he had already nearly finished. "Stop learning, start dying," he agrees. "Though, in the case of learning I would say it is more of a necessity than a Calling. To me, a Calling is something only a few find the urge and will to pursue - and they almost always do so for a purpose beyond themselves. Everyone learns, it is just that some have a more proactive approach." He gestures to Kiko's prodigious stack of books.

"As for finding your Calling," he says to address Kiko's answer, "that is a journey in and of itself. And, yes, I do speak from experience. Such a journey should not be rushed, nor should one dawdle too much, of course. I think your selection of topics is a fine start. This world is, after all, a puzzle given to us to explore."

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Alfar ponders Samael's words for a few moments:

"I know what you say. After graduation I moved to South Africa to work in a hospital for the poor. I've spent many years there and it simply felt like the right place to be. As my hometown does now."

Turning to Kiko, he adds:

"Books are good, and you'll also want to try as many things as possible. It is best to find what you like to do through practice."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread