Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1206) Justin & Spartan (by the bar)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    S
    Spartan

"Justin." Spartan says and gives the Manakin a nod.

"Sam, a drink for the Squire." Spartan's voice does not hide his anger or frustration.

Justin nodded, then, "Thank you very much, King Spartan."

It was a formal occaision, and the Manikin figured that formal addresses were going to be the order of the day. Since he had been offered a drink, maybe it was all right for him to take a seat.

Knowing that Spartan was a man of few words but greater deeds and probably had a good deal of something on his shoulders if the tone of voice was of any indication, Justin decided to keep some of his more non-essential chatter in check. However, there was one question that he wanted dearly to ask of someone who was far more experienced in how the Wyrd linked one to the Season they chose to affiliate with.

"Sir, is it all right if I ask you a question? I know you've been with the Crimson Court probably forever, like Rook, but when you first joined and attended a Coronation for the first time ever as a Courtier, what did it feel like?"

S
    Spartan

"I actually joined the Summer Court shortly after arriving in Sacramento. But the Fever of Summer has always been within." Spartan says as he takes a drink. Spartan was unsure as to what the question meant, "What did it feel like? hmm..." Spartan thought for a moment. "If felt like my time had come. I was nervous but at the same time felt more alive." Spartan explained.

"Why do you ask Justin, how do you feel?"

"It's all such a new thing for me. Like right now, I can feel like something is in here that's coming alive..." Justin touched the center of his chest "...like a warm spot and there's something in the air around it that's like, 'hey, don't be shy...this is your time to show what we're about and why you're here'. I...feel like I belong. It's something that I've been feeling, well....not feeling since I came back from There. That so many connections got cut. But here, now, it feels right."

Running his hand back through his unruly blond hair, the Manikin looked thoughtful for a moment, then, "I've...I want to learn as much as I can about our Court. That would be one of the duties of a Squire, right? I was always taught that if you want to learn something, then always approach a master in the field."

An Elemental couldn't be anything but sincere with their words. The young man really wanted to learn and understand the why as well as excel at the how behind Summer and its greater purpose.

S
    Spartan

"Squires traditionally tend to the needs of Knights. But also it is a knight's responsibility to educate the Squire. So. Yes you should learn as much as you can. Is there something specific you wish to learn?" Spartan asked as he took a drink of his glass. The drink seemed to echo a word in his head, where he belongs. Spartan wanted to say something about belonging, but he remembered all to well what happened to the last member of the court who didn't belong. He sits in intensive care right now in a coma...

Justin was thoughtful for a moment, then, "I want to know more about our history in Sacramento. Some of the lore and stories that inspire our Court to go that extra level when called."

He smiled slightly, then, "That's part of it. The better part is that I'm wanting to learn how to be a more effective fighter. This isn't Arcadia. I can't do seven-story jumps or throw tanks anymore. What's great for showmanship sucks when applied in real life. Rook made sure I figured that much out."

S
    Spartan

"The Forge is always open for us little brother. If you want to learn hand to hand, Rook and Anya are very accomplished. Blades, You can speak with Marcus. Or myself." Spartan says basically offering to train Justin if he wants. "As for the History of the Hold. The Winter Sovereign and the Spring Sovereign are who you want to talk too." Spartan posts and the Winter and Spring Sovereigns "Marcus is a safe bet as well."

Spartan wondered where Justin would find his place, another warrior on the field... Spartan doubted that. He knew Justin would be capable, but the hoplite doubted his little brother would be another Rook. A teller of tails, myths and legends sounded a bit more accurate. And every warrior society needs one of those. But his is all speculation, perhaps if the Wrath embraces him more, we will see more of what he is capable of.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk gave the Lawyer-Drow a look with all the connotations of ‘you owe me a drink’. “On the beneficial side, I can introduce you both to His Majesty Summer right now.” A small smile found it’s way on to the Flowering’s face as he turned so slightly to see the Summer king and another of Summer approaching.

Good Eventide.” he said as he slid off the barstool, “Clare, perhaps this is your role to play?

( Cl4re Lokio Decibelle )

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare gives a nod to Dominyk, and steps out from the group a bit. "Hey Spartan, you have good timing, coming to the bar when you did. Prise and I were just telling these fresh faces that they should be introduced to you. Sorry if we're interrupting, though." She flashes her king a grin with a hint of honest apology in it, but seeing Dom leaving his stool, quickly flashes him a pleading look, glances down to her stomach, and back up to his eyes with a faint threat that if he doesn't comply... Oh, you better be getting me a plate of food if you're leaving me to do introductions. Don't be an ass.

"Black Jessica, Perry, this is Spartan. Spartan, Black Jessica and Perry."

S
    Spartan

Spartan turned to Clare, and nodded as she approached. Spartan was used to getting pulled in multiple directions.

"Good evening. Welcome to Sacramento." Spartan says giving a nod to the two newcomers. Spartan sized up the two of them, finding very little threat in either of the two arrivals. He waits to see what they want...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.