Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 47
DISPLAYED
CPR Won't Cut It this Time...

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

"We won.....Thank God for that. I don't think I'm up for going another bout with those guys. Well, at least not just yet. Still wish I could have put my fist through the face of that shotgun waving jackass before he nailed me first."

Justin turne his head slightly, studying the interaction between Rook and Anya, then he returned his attention to Clare. "Maybe when I'm feeling up to it, we can go see a movie or something."

Had he forgotten something? A moment's consideration confirmed that he did.

"Doctor Jack, thank you for what you did. I made a stupid mistake to get that close to an opponent, but if you weren't around to work on me, I would not be alive now to learn from it."

I
    Irina

The embrace took even Anya by surprise, although she recovered quickly enough. She knew more than anyone else how intensely private the Metalflesh was - he chided her for even the vaguest indication of a public tease or overt affection; not that it ever stopped her, naturally. But more than that, Anya was very much aware of the care with which he held himself in check physically around other people. He could have snapped her in two, were he to lose control.

Although she had showed him very quickly how hard she could push back.

But she also held that note of understanding for why sometimes, words were simply not enough; particularly for him. He held her like a man afraid of losing again, like a man expressing love in the only way he currently could.

That knowledge resounded inside her, more than she believed it ever would.

The Draconic had developed a new understanding of how to feel, too.

"It's alright," Anya whispered. "I'm still here, Rook... You didn't let me go."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare laughs, "A movie? Really? Anything in mind?" She wasn't going to object to a chance for some fun, besides, she couldn't do much else for giving Anya and Rook privacy...

K
    Kazakin

Rook let Anya go after a moment, stepping back from the bed. His expression was set as rigidly as ever, and he looked at her with discomfort.

"I have to go," he said quietly. "I have a pledge to keep. The shotgun... it must be returned." He looked at her, and then managed to say something that was entirely inefficient and not what he'd meant at all.

"I... you'll still be here when I get back."

The Constable paused and replayed what he'd just said.

...Oh, well done.

I
    Irina

To someone less familiar with Rook's vocal oddities, the comment might have thrown them. Fortunately, Anya was very familiar with the Metalflesh, and she was rather good with riddles. With that in mind, it took just a moment to extrapolate what he actually meant. A little laugh surfaced, but it clearly was not aimed at Rook.

"And you will be coming back," Anya responded gently, letting him step back.

Somehow, she doubted she would be allowed to race around the Freehold immediately anyway. That was going to become irritating very quickly; she despised enforced inactivity, even if it was for her own good.

"I'll see you later."

"I haven't seen 'Brave' yet. It's supposed to be pretty good, the latest one from Pixar in fact. Right now I'm just not up to a lot of noise and action in a closed space. You might like it, it's about this Scottish kid who fights a death spirit bear or something."

Justin settled back on his pillow and looked up at the ceiling. The last time he was here he had spent some time contemplating where he had gone wrong with his pre-Summer Court membership trial, and resolving to be more careful. The trick, he decided, was to figure out a balance between a thinking fighter and full-on physical prowess against an opponent.

"You know what? Fuck this shit. I'm going to get a gun or something, like I used to have. Contracts bite ass when you have to get close enough to someone to touch 'em for anything to happen."

End Scene. Feel free to continue with the aftermath of this thread in the Lost forum

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread